Rama namam

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by balakumar75, Sep 25, 2009.

1. balakumar75

balakumar75 New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I am writing whatever little i know.

I am a strong devotee of Lord Hanuman.

RAMA NAMAM is suppose to be the greatest of all mantras, it was clearly stated in vishnu sahasranamam, godess parvathi will ask Lord Shiva, how a common person can chant vishnu shasrananam which is practically very difficult and only learned people can chant it due to the nittygritties, Lord shiva will answer that if someone tells RA MA, RA MA, RA MA (three times )its equalvalent to chanting vishnu sahasranamam.

"RA MA RA MA RA METHI RAME RAME MANORAME
    SAHASRANAMA THATHULYAM RAMA NAMA VARANANEY"

RA MA namam is called SAMHARA MANTHRAM. 'RA' is taken from 'NARAYANAN' without 'RA', 'NARAYANA' will become 'NA YANA' which is nothing, and MA is taken from 'NAMASIVAYA', without MA, NAMASIVAYA will become 'NA SIVAYA' which also means nothing, so a combination of RA from NARAYANA and MA from Namasivaya leads to RAMA. It is a very powerful one even a ordinary person can chant.

We were discussing earlier that Lord Shiva told Goddess parvathi that if someone narates RAMA three times its equaivalent to narrating vishnu sahashranamam. The reason being the Value of the syllable RA is 2 and MA is 5 so if you narrate once then it is 2 x 5 = 10, and on narrating 3 times its 10 X 10 X 10 = 1000.

RAMA namam can be told by anyone in any place, i use to chant while driving, walking or even before sleep.

May Lord Hanuman bless this entire world for its well being.

Whatever little i know i have posted, hope you have enjoyed the posting.

Thanks Very much,

BALA

JAI SRI RAM

2. ramkalyang

ramkalyang Senior IL'ite

3. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bala, thanks for bringing this to our notice.
    I am glad that I got to read this on a Thursday.
    I knew about this shlokam before - that if you say it 3 times, it is equivalent to chanting the entire Vishnu Sahasranamam. But the meaning for RA MA was unknown to me until today and I thank you for enlightening me.

4. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Nice article

5. chitracv

chitracv Senior IL'ite

Dear Bala
    My grandmother taught different verse for RAMA
    Ra in sanskrit is the beeja of agni (fire) and Ma is for Manas Mind.
    when we meditate all impurities will get burnt up and our mind becomes pure. So RAMA is clean pure mind that has merged with ATMA. thats why we call Atma Rama.

6. ramarev

ramarev New IL'ite

Dear Bala,
    Thanks for sharing with all of us the importance of RAMA namam. Will try my level best to inculcate in me the namasmaranam.

7. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bala

Thank you very much for giving a nice information about chanting Rama. I use to chant Vishnu Sahasranamam on Saturdays. But I tell 3 times daily the sloka
    SRI RA MA RA MA RA METHI RAME RAME MANORAME
    SAHASRANAMA THATHULYAM RAMA NAMA VARANANEY

Now I have understood the meaning it will give me pleasure to chant this.

Thank you once again.