1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"The Ghost"

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by shyamala87, Sep 9, 2009.

1. shyamala87

shyamala87 New IL'ite

May be some of them heared the story previously. Somebody told me this story in my school days. I am repeating here.

"The Ghost"

A young couple get down from the bus at about 10 p.m in the pudukottai busstand. They came for a festival function in their hometown Killikollam. Actually the bus has to reach the busstand usually at 6 p.m. Due to the some accident, traffic jam was there. So they came late.

Only at some specific times, the bus facility is there to go to their hometown. And it is about 10kms from pudukottai. On getting from the bus, they are thinking about how to reach their hometown. Suddenly they saw an auto and they decided to go by auto. They get into the auto.

On their way, they saw a lady asking for lift. They felt pity on her and asked the driver to stop. The lady wore a black saree. The lady also get into the auto. The young lady told that her place is few kms away from killikollam. After sometime,the young couples reached their hometown and gave the autocharge. Then the auto went.

After sometime, the auto driver asked the lady how much kms left. She said only 2 kms are there. The lights are diminishing, the noise of animals gave some fear in the autodriver in that time. On the mirror, he saw the lady face turned into a horrible one with the teeths grew longer and her colour becomes black from brown colour.

Though the driver got scared very much, he drove the auto. After few minutes, the lady asked the driver to stop. She said, she reached her place and went away. It is an bureyard. On seeing that, the driver becomes a statue for a few minutes. Then he realised that he didn't get the autocharge from her.

Eventhou' he is terrified, he decided to get the charge from her. He also went after her. Only a few distance between them. His hearbeat was high at that time. The lady disappeared suddenly. He was shocked. Then she again appeared. He was surprised. Now she wore a white saree and also white in colour.

The lady also saw the driver and appeared in front of him. He even forgot to ask the autocharge. He was very curious to know how she changed. So he asked to the lady that, at that time you wore a black saree and was in a horrible black colour , now you wore a white saree and white in colour, how can this possible. The lady simply said, "nan ujalavuku maritaen". The lady went away.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
    sindmani likes this.

2. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

i haven't heard this.

suspense increased line by line and

finally it turned out to be very funny.

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Though, I know the story, your narration was so excellent that I became so engrossed in the story. A very good story.
    with love
    pad

4. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Good one :thumbsup

I liked the way you have narrated the story. Bringing back memories of childhood (teen times) when we used to talk all these "horror stories".

-Uma

5. shyamala87

shyamala87 New IL'ite

Hi Natpudan, Padmini & Advitha,

Thanks for your comments.

6. sharma_shilpa

sharma_shilpa New IL'ite

Hi Shyamala,
    Nice story, but unfortunately I didnt understand what the Ghost said at the end "nan ujalavuku maritaen". :idontgetit:

7. shyamala87

shyamala87 New IL'ite

Hi Sharma_Shilpa,

Thanks for reading the story.

"Nan Ujalavuku Maritaen" means "I changed to Ujala liquid blue". (As per the advertisement, Ujala liquid blue gives whiteness to the shirt, and the shirt appears bright) Actually it is a funny story only. I think u understand it now.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  8. sharma_shilpa

sharma_shilpa New IL'ite

hahahaha.... :rotflvery funny. THank you for the translation :thumbsup

9. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Nice one... hehe.. Will make for a good advertisement...