Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Vahee, thank God, you remembered the FB!!
    M S Sabar is another dish of Amma! I find MW very useful for drying coconut then & there. I never buy copra!
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

Latha, please don't say
    But i am really shocked and disappointed to see deepas fb.

That disturbs me. We should all feel happy that an NRI opens the system, checks my postings & immediately cooks it.
    Deepa has been the first one to post FBs for so many dishes like pappus, kuzambus etc. Thats why an ILite asked if there is telepathy between us!
    Thanks for your prompt FB.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  3. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

FB for kalyana kadamba sambar/kootu.

HI Mrs.C,

Wanted to make vendakkai curry with lemon rice, on seeing this recipe, changed my menu. Yes, it was simply superb & the mashed pumpkin with dal gave a wonderful texture as well as color, like you said. So, we are going to enjoy with lemon rice as well as for dinner with dosai. 2 in 1 purpose solved...thanks for the same.

Rama.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  4. Chitvish

Re: FB for kalyana kadamba sambar/kootu.

Rama, an unbelievable third FB in a row for a dish posted a few hours ago!!
    Thanks, thanks & thanks!
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. shyamalashiva

shyamalashiva Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,

I guess you had missed my post I put yesterday, (I have quoted it below). Even today I received praise for the excellent Sarkara Pongal from my SIL's orpadi who lives a street away from us. She asked me the recipe and I promptly gave it to her. Nothing new today, but I have a few doubts about the chocolate cake with Icing recipe you had given in another post. I have seen golden syrup in nuts n spices but pl guide me as to where can I get sour cream?

Thanks a lot for all the recipes and the guidance you give us everytime.
    Love
    Shyamala

6. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra aunty,

Just browsed KK sambar presentation in Misc section.

Wow...solla varthaiye illai. From the very look itself I can get the smell and taste. Its a mouth watering sambar. Its going to be there definitely in this weekend menu. [​IMG]

Can I add carrots, beans, potatoes etc (like in kadamba sadam), will it affect the taste in anyway?

-Uma

7. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithumma,
    Very glad to see u back in action. Very thrilled to see your mom. Paati is so filled with tejas.. feels so good to see her, felt like seeing my paati.
    Now for the FB.. made arisi caramel payasam on friday was sooo good. again another caramelised fan of caramel payasam. Weekend made puliyodarai, thayir sadam, karuppu chana sundal, karamani sweet sundal, kara pori and carrot kheer for 60 people who visited our house for golu and thamboolam. So was very busy couldnt step in here. glad to see everyone's navaratri prasadams.
    Kalyana sambar kalai katrathu inga!! will have to try it soon, the nut rolls too!!!
    Naanum ready to go to madurai... jigirthanda vaangi tharuvela??
    Aparna

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,

as promised i made alu-gobi paratha again:biggrin2:. today with normal colour alu and gobi. y'day i kept the stuffing same size as the ball of dough. today i kept little less and the oozing out wasn't there. i got perfect round parathas that also puffed up while shallow frying. i'm now addicted to this atta+wheat dough. DH, who refused to taste green tomato thokku earlier, had to take it reluctantly today (no other side dish was made available!). he was asking for more n more... he never eat pickles and this itself is a great fb for the thokku. so tomorrow i'm going to buy some more green tomatoes:) it's worth all the stirring...

caramel ada prathaman... i can never diet i tell you....

Latha

9. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

hi,

may be this time i'll add little less butter; but i added ghee, and not butter. i generally use ghee [ even for murukku- my mom's and yours are same recipe for murukku] for all badshanam b'cos i am bit religious and we don't use butter . So, pls excuse me if i didnot follow this instructiion and on top of it had troubled with my questins and doubts.

But, other than that i did read all y'r tips on murukku and chakli. Again, u did not answer 1 question. Will ribbon pakoda consume more oil than regular murukkus? i felt so.

Thanks and

10. Hemalata

Hemalata Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra mami,
    I made different sundals on all the days based on your recipe..Everything came out great.. I tried badam cake for the first time... I'm not used to making burfis so i was hoping and praying that it comes out fine.. It was top class. I got a lot of praises and everyone was asking for the recipe. Presanna loved it too. I had a hard time saving them for the others. In fact he wanted me to make it again for next day's naivedyam as well. All the kids loved it. Even some kids who don't like sweets kept having more and more..
    I'm going to make this again for Diwali. Next on my list is your kadamba sambhar.

I also saw your Madurai photos.. I showed them to Presanna as well.Yes your mother has the same tejas as you.. Had a good darshan. Thanks so much for posting.
    I'll be back with the kadamba sambhar feedback.

love
    Hema

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.