November 2009 Mommies!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by vpriya, Mar 3, 2009.

1. MrsSasi

MrsSasi New IL'ite

Hi All, I've reached India, was busy with travel and settling with things in India, new gynae, baby shower function, catching up with friends and relatives:drowning.

Finally things are slowing down a bit..:)

Luckily got the baby's gender confirmed in the last checkup in Singapore, and its a boy!

Sush, can you please update this in the list.. :)

Nice to see new members joining the nov club.. All the best to you gals for a safe delivery..

My health is good, and the baby is becoming more and more hyperactive and wriggling around always..

2. sushmail.30

sushmail.30 Senior IL'ite

Mrs Sasi Congrats for having a baby boy. Take Care
    <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>
    Hi Nov Mommies, I have updated the list once again, let me know if any one of you got to know the gender of the baby.

Sush -Oct 31st /Nov 1st VA/US (Girl)
    Rollysingh – Nov 1st UP/IND
    Chitra - Nov 5th US (Boy)
    Eprsm - Nov 5th NC/US
    pranavi - Nov 8th US(Boy)
    Priya – Nov 9th NJ/US
    Tej – Nov 9th MA/US (Boy)
    Sasi - Nov 11th India (Boy)
    Latha- Nov 11th MA/US (Boy)
    Vanitha – Nov 14th Malaysia
    Ranjitha – Nov 14th Iowa/US (Boy)
    Sona Nov 15th Bang/IND
    Mishri – Nov 16th MD/US
    Padma - Nov 16th VA/US
    Ammu - Nov 18th US (Gal)
    Priya - Nov 18th TX/US (Gal)
    Bhanu – UAE
    Ramya – Nov 22nd CA/US
    Lalitha – Nov 23rd TN/IND
    CuteKid – Nov 24th IND
    Sonal – Nov 25th Bang/IND
    Padmini – Nov 26th TN/IND
    PriyaGokul – Nov 29th TN/IND
    Dollysami – Nov 30th IND
    Shumedha – Nov 30th CA/US

3. sushmail.30

Hi Sasi

How was your flight? was it a long trip to india? Tell us how your baby shower happened and which place in India are you now ?

4. dplatha

dplatha New IL'ite

Hi All,

Did anybody take childbirth classes or planning to take? is it really useful?
    I register for one day childbirth class but my hushand may not be able to attend the class. so thinking whether to cancel the class or not.

please share your thoughts if you already took the class.

Thanks,
    Latha

5. pranavi

pranavi New IL'ite

travel system :

il's in usa which one did you buy or planning to buy?

we are thinking of graco stylus .
    it is coming for 200$ with tax

car seat wt limit : 22 lbs
    stroller wt limit : 40 lbs
    feature that we looked for : front adjustable 5 point harness

i know chicco is best ,but is out of budget for us.200$ itself is expensive for us , but we dont want to settle for other brands either just for the sake of price.

6. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Hi guys,
    Its been long time since i posted, but i have been reading the forum.
    Sush they didn't confirm gender but she said it could be a boy, initially a little dull that i cannot buy all the pretty dresses etc for girl, but lets see. she said not 100%. i didn't have any more u/s to check.
    things have been hectic here, my mom is coming on oct end, so just counting days.
    now i started walking regularly and hopefully will keep it up.

Latha, it is better to attend child birthclass if this is ur first baby, actually eventhough it is my second i feel as if i forgot everything and thought of attending few classes, but then i need to arrange some baby sitter for my little one etc and it gets difficult so skipped the classes. planning to read online,if u dont want to attend the class then u can read lots of books. if ur hubby can join it will be great as they should also know what to do etc. if not thats ok, as u read prepare him too.

Pranavi, i too have a graco travel system and so far for 4 yrs it is good and now i plan to use the same for my second one too. just make sure it is light wt. becos after postpartum, it is difficult to manage lugging around a heavy one. even now i find my lightwt stroller easy as i can manage by myself with my big tummy. for stroller make sure it has adjustable settings for toddler to lay down or sit upright. it is useful.

Chitra ,Tej how are you guys doing? have you started shopping?

I have finished cleaning the house, got out all the stuff for baby which i used for my first one, after few weeks will start washing and keep it ready. need to buy few sleeper sets for the baby may at oct end. other than that all set, but somehow i feel i am not ready.
    i might work for 1 more week and take a break after that.
    I also had a baby shower in the office, which was a surprise as they never do such things, moreover mostly men in our office. so it was nice.
    Have you guys decided on the name? inlaws called yesterday and fil was upset that dh and me didn't ask them for any names, dh feels it is our baby and we have to choose name, ofcourse as per our tradition we will keep their names along with another name to call. still we are breaking our head for a name and our little one sometimes gets upset if he doesn't like a name. trying to convince dh itself is a big problem now i need to convince this little one too,LOL!

Priya

7. ak_nilu

ak_nilu New IL'ite

Hii...everyone
    I jst thght of sharing my sisters delivery expirence in short as evrybdy would be pretty tensed and scared abt labor as thier due date is coming near....(as i am)
    Firstly i should say tht it's a gods gift to have a short labor exprnce.My sister was admitted in the hospital on May 24th around at 7:30am in the morning and delivered the baby by 9:00 am it was a normal delivery by the way... just 1hr 30 mins ....belive me IL's this time..include's...dilation time,pushing and stiches as well.She evn told me that she hardly felt any pain...in labor.The baby aslo was quite a healthy baby (3.5kgs).I should say she was really very lucky...

I hope god showers his blessings on all of us to have such a short labor and safe delivery:thumbsup.

Thanks,
    Priya

8. MrsSasi

MrsSasi New IL'ite

Hi Sush, my hometown is Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu. Travel from Singapore to Coimbatore is quite a short one, around 4 hours, so was not a big issue... I was a bit concerned initially since my hubby was not able to accompany me.. but luckily no issues and travel was perfect..

Baby shower function went on very well.. not a very grand one though, with just close relatives and friends.... just that schedule was pretty tight as we were busy getting gynae appointments,checkups and scan schedules along with the preparation for the function..

My first checkup with my gynae in India went on well.. was checking up with her on the hospitals and facilities..Also, about my biggest concern - the ever growing rate of c-sections in India, esp in the high end private hospitals, where most of us prefer to go to avoid any risk..:drowning However she was not able to answer in concrete, says that it is not in doctor's hands and most of the cases are due to baby's head not getting fixed.. gotta also get mentally prepared to have a c-section, just in case.. :cry:

Priya, that's really a surprise :).. juz 1 1/2 hrs and baby is out..:thumbsup best wishes to all of us to have a labour atleast comparable to this, if not as quick as 1+ hrs.. :)

9. sushmail.30

@ Latha

Im not planning to take any child birth classes, as i have seen so many videos borrowed from library, they were live classes recorded and got to know more than necessary info abt labor and child birth.

I have even shown them to my hubby, so i still dont want to over stuff myself. All that I need to know is breathing techniques which my Doctor said she would help me in labor room.

Depends on person o person if you ned to attend those classes or not.

@ Pranavi

Even I have browsed few graco travel system, doesn't seems much difference between Graco passage, Alano and few others but prices are ranging from 169 to 200 and more.

But I liked the passage one very much it is also around $200

@ Priya

So it might be a boy, I think you already have a boy right.

Yeah I know if its a boy you might miss some gud shopping for baby gal but, still your 2 kids can share same stuff and play together.That would be real fun.

BTW howz ur health and weight gain pattern ?

@Ak_Nilu

Gud to know your sister's experience but only few lucky ppl might get such a wonderful birth experience. lets hope we all have a peaceful and safe birth experiences.

@ Sasi

Yeah I know, how hard it is to find and get adjusted to a new place, new doctor, new hospital.... And u r very true abt C-sections.

Be very strict with your gynec abt this. Ask her to do C-section only in the case of emergency when no other alternative is left.

But you know finally at the end of the day all that we care is a safe delivery and a healthy baby, so better be prepared for anything.

@ My Update

Had another appt last friday, everything was okay. Baby was doing gud.
    Has urine culture test results are on the way.

From now on i have weekly appts, and next week Doc said they will do internal checkup to see howx my cervix.

10. ak_nilu

ak_nilu New IL'ite

Hi...sushmail good to know ur doing well....are u done with preparing a birthplan etc.
    I jst came to know tht we need have our birthplan ready and signed by our OB-GYN .We need to have this birthplan along with us if we are into..early labor or any emergency situation while getting admitted into the hospital.... im nt sure if this the same case with every hospital.

My update is that i had a hospital tour yes'day which was quite informative and even saw few jst born babies...sooo very cute as part of the tour and have a Dr.apptmnt in another 3days...

Thanks,
    Priya