1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Age difference between you and your hubby

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Prettina, Jun 8, 2009.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Re: Age difference between the couple

Dear Vidya

Ok dear. The age difference between me and my husband is 4 years.

love
    viji

2. geet999

geet999 New IL'ite

is this true in arranged marriage.

hi

in arranged marriage,is it OK to look for a groom in the same age....am 26 and got a alliance that is 27,which is only few months older tha me,...what is your opinion ,...
    people might say age may not matter, but i do feel there should be atleast 2-3 yrs gap..
    should i look for someone in range of >=29

please share you experience, if you had been married to someone in the same age,which is a arranged marriage..

3. priti8683

priti8683 Senior IL'ite

Re: is this true in arranged marriage.

My cousin got married recently......she married a person , who is just 3months elder than her...it was an arranged marriage...my cousin is 29...

They are enjoying a lot....they have same kind of thinking and both are matured persons but if we see both of them, we can easily say my cousin is elder than that guy..:hide:because somegirls look older than boys..

For me age is not a big deal....understanding and maturity is very important.....some people may be mature in their early 20's and some may not be mature in 30's too.....it varies from person to person...

If you are considering physical looks, you should think about this....girls may look older than boys after wedding...My babhi and brother have 6years age gap....after baby's arrival my bhabhi and brother looks like same age couple...

good luck with ur matches...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  4. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Dear geet,
    even if its a arranged marriage or love marriage i dont think age difference really matters .previously we used to see age difference>20 yrs sometimes in our grandmoms zamaana and later you find this minimum 4 yrs gap notions but now i guess wat matters is the level of understanding you guys have ..age wont matter
    me and my DH have 6 months differnce and i did not find any problem with that

5. nithyadavidson

nithyadavidson Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Mine is an arranged marriage. I was 24 and my huby was 25. Just 10 months difference. I am happily married for nearly 2 and half years He is very caring, understanding etc. A perfect husband. (touch wood). Most of my cousins also have a very minor age difference and all are settled happily. I don’t think age difference will create much issue; it is the person’s maturity level. According to me don’t get confused with this age difference. If you like him, then go head. Always marriage is a gamble. Sometimes we are lucky to get what we want otherwise vice versa. All the best for your future.
    Even if you want you can go through the below thread.

Age difference between you and your hubby

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  6. kinjal

kinjal Bronze IL'ite

i dont think age matters if you two have good understanding.
    we have just 5 months difference and we are happy together.

7. kma

kma Gold IL'ite

Even I do not think that age gap should matter so much. My sister and BIL have a gap of only 40 days. One of my friends is married to a guy who is only 6 months older to her. And if u see nowadays many guys are marrying women older to them also. And they all seem quite happy also. But go according to what u feel comfortable with as it is your life.

8. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Hi
    though we had a love marriage I'm 7 months older than my husband and we are best of friends.
    Maturity necessarily doesn't come with age as you may know.
    K

9. Anug

Anug New IL'ite

Age does not matter. My mom and dad have 10months age difference. I dont see any major problems. While coming to decision making, both will consider for mutual accpetance, and they never give up. Look wise also they are compatible.(My mom dye her hair whereas my dad does not..he is bald... smiles)I know 2 of my friends who got married to the guys who are younger to them. One girl is 3.5years elder to her hubby and other one 1year elder to her hubby. So dont go by age, just see your wavelength, comfortablity. I think you can analyse these by talking to him. Good luck and best wishes.

10. Kelly

Kelly New IL'ite

Hi I think that age should be no problem - as long as you are both happy, but I persoanlly feel that man should be older no matter what the age gap is.

My DH is only 5 months older than me and it was arrange. But sometimes I do feel that he is not mature enough (he was a mommy's boy - so he is treated like a king :bowdown and cant do anythign for himself)