1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

H4 Wife - Things to do?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by shakila, Jun 8, 2005.

1. beniwalnikita

beniwalnikita New IL'ite

Hey Joylava!

have you seen my last post above your message. are you interested in knowing more about my projects. let me know

warm regards,

Nikita

2. Jyothisri

Jyothisri Bronze IL'ite

Ladies,

There are virtual volunteering opportunities on Volunteermatch.org that you can do from home. I did not see this option a few months back, not sure if I missed it or if it's a new addition. But it sure sounds good for those ladies who cannot move out of their homes for one reason or other - little children at home or not having a driver's license - and still want to do something constructive with their time. You can request for a letter stating the number of hours you have volunteered. It will add points to your resume later when you look for a job.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  3. PetiteFashionB

PetiteFashionB Senior IL'ite

HI guys...I have the same story but more dreadful.
    I have wasted so much of my time here on H4 or on H1b also but no -job in this markt.
    Being busy and hectic life in india ,i used to fall into depression a lot.But
    kind of get used to it.
    And my problem is that i cannt do the same thing for ever.
    like picking 1 hobby or shopping everyday for a year or working out everyday.....blah blah.

And i did all the things....that i ever wanted to do or may be in childhood i could nt bcos of busy-school life.

Thats what we should do...

If somebody wants to learn something like painting,cooking,stitching,gardening,dancing.....or smbody might have gotten out-of-shape body (US-A big cheeseburger belly) excercise is definitely a great anti-stress solution.

I never believed i explored my artistic side staying at home.
    Ofcourse things are little expensive here and keeping a hobby is little pricey but there is nothing like little 'happiness' for a prone-to-depression woman....who doesnt have much to divert attention.

Tv is a big time buster. i used to watch lot of Tv ,when i finished almost all of the english serials and movies in libraries ...i cam to indian channels on internet.

And one thing ,Here in US ...You would get hell lot of things to pursue your hobby.You wont find difficult to find supplies and allthat.
    Check out some Hobbylooby ot Michaels or Walmarts-art /craft section to find out your interest.

Or If your are on some career path(working in india),and like to study etc..do something to enhance your profile like PG,certification ...

For me i hate studies ...now at this stage of life.

4. venkateswara

venkateswara New IL'ite

Hi,

My name is sreya.iam living in saintloui,U.S.I want to earn money.iam on H4 status.could u pls suggest me.

5. Pinkie7

Pinkie7 New IL'ite

Hi....It seems like everybody repeating my story. I got married 8 months ago and shifted to US. Before getting married, i was working as a software engineer for 6 years. So u can imagine my lifestyle at that time: hectic weekdays, attending meeting, abroad official trips, lots of friends, busy weekends meeting one or other friends. Everything changed after coming over to US on H4 visa. I dont have any job so it is pretty boring to sit at home throughout the day. No friends out here. I kill my time doing blogging, browsing internet, watching tv etc etc. I dont wanna study furthur. I am looking out to do any part time job to do over here/ if somebody can suggest some things to do.. Can anybody please help me.

-Pinkie

6. Pinkie7

Pinkie7 New IL'ite

Hi Nikita, Can you Please share your proposal..Would love to hear from you on this.

-Thanks
    Pinkie

7. beniwalnikita

beniwalnikita New IL'ite

Hi Pinkie,

as per forum's procedure, I can not paste the earlier message here. please see my earlier post for some brief information. you can send me private message through this form with your thoughts about my proposal.

I am open for discussion to make the working plan compatible to your preferance. will wait for your message.

warm regards,

Nikita.

8. Pinkie7

Pinkie7 New IL'ite

Hi Nikita, Can you Please let me know which post you are talking about. I mean it is seperate thread/ current thread itself. If its current can you please let me know the date when you posted it in this thread.

-Thanks for replying
    Pinkie

9. beniwalnikita

beniwalnikita New IL'ite

Hi Pinie!

I have sent below on 14th august - I Hope Il admin will excuse me.

Hi Girls!

Sorry to all who may be waiting for me to come back with my proposal. I was a bit hesitant on putting my business ideas on a common form but after IL Admin’s recommendation decided to go for putting the briefs of my thoughts here.

I was just wondering if anyone here would be interested in a mutually benefiting working plan. This plan should suit anyone who is abroad even for limited time, be on any visa even H4.

I am a textile professional with 14 years of experience & very strong base for exporting all home textiles. This list includes - towels, bath mats, quilts, bed spreads, sheet sets, duvets, baby blankets, carpets, rugs, cushions, curtains, blinds, table linen, throws, bags, sofa covers etc. We can discuss garments, fabrics, decorative products, hard goods & even furniture also.

What I can do –

• Supply above listed products & ensure that the product is of excellent quality, is of very competitive price & delivered with in confirmed delivery time frame from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region>.
    • Can develop & offer very competitive quality & cost with the very strong vendor base with me from all belts of <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region> specialized on respective product categories.
    • Will back you up with every information you would need for approaching/ finding buyers.

What you need to do – All I need from you is meeting such people or just get me in their contacts. For you it would not be work but just meeting people to help your friend in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region> for some information. So even if you are on H4, you can meet people for no financial gain in US.

·Look around you to see if there is any textile buyer (stores, Importers) around you in your city & you can help by giving me their contact details.
    ·If possible for you to visit or personally contact some of such places provided I give you some contacts around you. This will help my travelling & communication cost for my business since you are in same city.
    ·You can even have look at possibilities if near by hotels or hospitals are interested in buying textiles. If you ever happen to meet any of such contacts from people around you, in your own friend circle or neighbors’ that can help.

If the above sounds interesting & something you would like to take up please send me a private message so I can discuss details of my plan with your personally along with information how it can help you gain financially. Depending upon your working background you would need slight training that I would be happy to provide.

Warm regards,

Nikita

10. rajitha11

rajitha11 New IL'ite

Hi Nidyak,

I am also on h4, I would like to know about "indoxdollors",Would it be possible to u to explain in detail. (like - how to proceed)

Thanx
    Rajitha:)