Help!! moving to Luxembourg

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by arushankar, Sep 8, 2009.

1. arushankar

arushankar New IL'ite

hello ladies,
    can anybody reply..i have been waiting since a long time.. i see soo many discussions earlier..now when i need help no one is responding..:((( plsssss reply any body.. i need to know abt lux before coming there..atleast the dos and donts! and what u get there?
    thanks in advance

2. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Hello,

What do you want to know about luxembourg ? what informations do you want to know ?:idontgetit:

3. arushankar

arushankar New IL'ite

hiii...Suni,
    atlast i got a reply!!!:thumbsup
    i am moving to lux next week. i have heard that there is just only one indian store!!! i want to know whether we get the indian groceries/spices there. and general DO's and DONT's :). i could track back a few of the ladies! from here in orkut as well.so i have had an idea ..but still it will helpful if u can help me.

thank u
    aru.

4. arushankar

arushankar New IL'ite

hii,
    i am now currently in stockholm, i have a 14 month daughter, how is it with the child care there?

5. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Aru,

Welcome to Luxembourg.

There are nearly 4 - 5 Indian Grocery stores are here, where you can get spices and indian vegetables(only on specific days). But, the only thing you can't get here is Rice for which you have to get from Paris (France) or in Germany. Hope you should be having Grinder / Mixie with you.

Child care is really very Good here. Luxembourg is such a nice country and you don't need to worry about anything. You will know more when you come down here. Nothing to worry. Hope to see you soon in Luxembourg. If you need anymore informations, don't hesitate to ask me.

6. arushankar

arushankar New IL'ite

hi suni,
    sorry for the late reply, i am busy packing stuff here, will be moving this wknd..we dont get rice there?? of any sort?? dont tell me... i thought rice is soo common and didnt bother to pack those!!! in my cargo..!!:bang:confused2:
    dont we get any sort of rice there?? OMG!!! pls ...:(((..
    please do let me knw where are those stores so that i can buy a few essentials atleast when i come there..

regards
    aru.

7. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Aru,

Yes it is true that we couldn't get our perfect indian rice, but you can manage buying chinese rice in chinese shops, even in big shops too. You can find some variety of rice in 'Auchan' which I can't promise the perfectness we get it from our tamilnadu rice. But still you can manage with that. :goodidea:

Sorry that I couldn't tell you the proper address of these indian shops, but it is very easy to find them. One of the Indian shop is situated very next to ZithaKlinik 36, rue Sainte Zithe L-2763 Luxembourg.

Have a happy and safe journey:2thumbsup:... Take care... :)

8. arushankar

arushankar New IL'ite

hi suni,
    thank you very much for the help.. we have arrived in lux :D
    i dont have acess to net..p&t is taking its own sweet time to install....
    sometimes i go to my hubbys office and chk....and yah i did go to the indian store nxt to zitha clinic in paris/zitha... and visited auchan also...any other stores where we can get the indian items??? or any asian /chineese stores which u know..pls let me know..
    i am very delayed in replying..bcz of my moving ..sorry.. will keep in touch..:)

9. vethasenthil

vethasenthil New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I am new to this site, my family is planning to shift to Luxembourg, so i need some guidance mainly about 1.indian idly sambar 2.pediatrician 3.any important things that have to bring (which is not available there).since I am having 2 year's old kid, that too he eats only idly I am very much worried. Please let me know this soon since we are planning to come there by feb mid.and one more thing how about the school admission there? also the climate.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
  10. divyan

divyan New IL'ite

Hi, v r staying in luxumbourg from past three years, this city is very nice and piece full, nice people and they have good helping nature , hear v have indian stores too