1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

any tips to improve dull skin pls

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by ishaijason, Sep 2, 2009.

1. ishaijason

ishaijason Silver IL'ite

hay all i am 33 year old ,though i have dark complexion i had good and clear skin earlier.but now i have developed blemishes ,dark spots my skin looks so dull and lifeless.any home remedy for this.pls reply

2. Noor01

Noor01 Senior IL'ite

Hi...

Here I have listed out remedies for dull and dark skin.
    So that you can have a glowing, healthy skin without any tan...

Home Remedies for Dull Skin:

• Mashed Apricot with Olive Oil for Dull Skin: It is suggested that vitamin A content in apricot can moisten dry skin. Apricot can also gently exfoliate dead skin, thereby treating dull skin. You can keep some fresh or dry apricots overnight in a bowl of water. Mash them and mix with warm olive oil to form a paste. You may apply the paste on your skin.
    • Papaya, Gram Flour and Honey Paste for Dull Skin: Experts believe that the papain content in papaya along with gram flour can act as excellent exfoliating agents. Honey can moisturise and sooth dry skin, thereby treating dull skin. You can make a paste of the rind of an unripe papaya. Mix the rind papaya paste with 2 tablespoons of gram flour and 2 tablespoons of honey.
    • Almond Paste for Dull Skin: Almond can gently remove dead cells from dry skin while making it soft. This may help in treating dry skin. You can dip some fresh almonds overnight in a bowl of water. Peel and grind the almonds. Then add two tablespoons of milk to it to form a paste. You may apply the paste on your skin for half an hour everyday for 15 days.
    • Drink Plenty of Water to Treat Dull Skin: Experts suggest that our skin can loose its natural glow and become dull and dry when it becomes dehydrated. To prevent it, you may want to drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.
    • Spearmint Leaves for Dull Skin: It is suggested that spearmint leaves can hydrate, invigorate and cleanse our skin by removing dead cells. This may help in treating dry skin. You can mash fresh spearmint leaves and add few drops of water to it. You may apply this on your skin twice daily.
    Home Remedy For Dark Skin
    • An effective home remedy to cure the problem of dark skin would be to mix 1 tsp of milk powder, 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of lemon juice and ½ tsp of almond oil. Make a paste and apply this on the face. Apart from removing the tan, it would also make the skin shine.
    • Take some oatmeal along with curd and tomato juice. Apply this mixture on the face and keep it for about 20 minutes. Wash your face with cold water.
    • Potato acts as a very good bleaching agent. Slice a potato and keep them over the face. This would lighten the marks.
    • Take a little turmeric powder and add a few drops of lime juice. Apply this on the darkened area. This would help to reduce tan effectively.
    • Dry some orange peels. Then, mix them to a bowl of curd. This would be beneficial in removing tan. Keep this for about 15 minutes and wash off with cold water.
    • Another effective remedy to remove tan would be to soak 4 almonds in water and keep it overnight. Grind these almonds to make a paste. Apply this paste at bedtime. In the morning, was off this paste with cold water.
    • Take a tablespoon of gram flour and mix it with 2 tsp of raw milk and 2-3 drops of lime juice. Apply this mixture and leave it for 15 minutes before washing off.
    • Mint leaves work well to remove the dark skin. Take some fresh ground mint leaves and make a paste of it. Keep it for 15 minutes and later rinse of.
    • Grate a tomato and add 2-3 drops of lime to it. Apply this mixture on the face and keep it for 15 minutes. Repeat this two times a day for better results.
    • It is advisable to increase in the intake of water. The more water you have the more toxins flush out from the body and hence have better glowing skin. As per the diet, include whole cereals, vegetables, fruits, pulses etc into your diet.
    Hope you like it.!!
    Regards...:)

3. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Very good tips..Noor!Thanks for sharing!

4. ishaijason

ishaijason Silver IL'ite

hai noor thank you so much dear for ur wonderfull tips.
    i have normal skin will it be ok if i follow this tips for dry skin

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Hi

drink at least 2 litres of hot water everyday, include a lot of fruits in your diet like water melon, grapes, papaya, apples, kiwi and eat lots of salads, it will really help you, it has helped me, i ahd dark skin now it has become better
    hope this helps
    love
    alpa:cheers

6. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Hi

I will suggest you to drink warm water not hot water...
    then apple every day (don't juice it and eat) and carrot or carrot juice (less sugar). 2 or 3 badham alternative day...

Do little bit of exercise / walking ....

7. aniashok

aniashok New IL'ite

Hi,
    Complexion Masks Make a paste of a pinch of turmeric and a tbsp.of milk powder in 2 tbsp.of honey and the juice of half lime. Apply it on your face and leave it on till it dries. Rinse your face and feel the difference. Take equal quantities of black and white cumin seeds and make into a thick paste with milk or cream. Apply the paste all over the face. After 20 minutes, rinse it off. Use this mask atleast twice a week for maximum effect.

Regards
    Anitha

8. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Hi:hide:

Take 1 Fresh Potato,1 spoon oats,1spoon milk,1spoon honey,pinch of turmeric, powder(Kasthuri manjal) ,1 spoon sugar

Grind it well and apply this semisolid paste

Rub well for 15 minutes and relax urself for 5 minutes and then wash it cold water

if u do this regularly ur skin color wil get improved,dark spots r removed.

U can see d change on first day itself.Pls try it and say

i tryng this concept.it really did wonder for me:idea

9. cutie1975

cutie1975 New IL'ite

Take almonds and make a powder in mixer/grinder (coarse powder).
    Store it in a container,take a spoonful,add water make paste.
    After washing your face,apply it to your face,massage it in circular motion for 2 minutes,adding water,wash the face.You can see the difference in a few days,apply once a day.After this apply moisturiser asusual.It acts like face scrub helps in exfoliating.Do it regularly for best results,dont do multiple things(tips)same time,you may not see the results.Be patient.Hope this helps.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  10. madhupreeth

madhupreeth Senior IL'ite

very useful information friends.....:thumbsup