Dharmendra- the legend!!

Discussion in 'Punjab & Haryana' started by keerat45, Sep 11, 2009.

1. keerat45

keerat45 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies...

Dharamendra Singh Deol
    , born on 8 December 1935 in Ludhiana, Punjab, better known as Dharmendra, is a legendary Indian Bollywood film star.
    He was born in Phagwara, Punjab to Jat father Kewal Kishen Singh Deol and Sikh mother Satwant Kaur.

At the peak of his film career he was considered the handsomest actor in bollywood and a matinée idol. Currently he is a member of the 14th Lok Sabha of India.

He was recently awarded the Lifetime achievement award for his contribution to Hindi cinema.

He rose to fame as a punjabi actor who appeared in more than 200 Hindi films since the early 1960s.

He married Prakash Kaur and later actress Hema Malini. He is the father of actors Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol he also has 2 married daughters Vijeta and Ajeeta known as Dolly and Nonu who have been successfully kept away from the bollywood industry, from Prakash Kaur Deol. He is also the father of actress Esha Deol and Ahana Deol from Hema Malini. He is the uncle of actor Abhay Deol, who is the son of his younger brother Ajit Deol. His father was Kewal Kishen Singh Deol, a school headmaster in Punjab.

Did you all know this about dharmendra???
    Well I dint,....
    Do share information about other famous punjabi actors in bollywood...
    Regards...:)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009

2. bappika007

bappika007 Senior IL'ite

He was a legend.. I really agree with you keerat about this. At the start of his career he was usually cast as a romantic hero and later in the period 1974 onwards as action hero. I also like him.. Well thanks for the information you have provided..
    <table class="contentpaneopen"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" valign="top"> [​IMG]
    </td></tr></tbody></table>