1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A good husband's qualities???????

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shakambari, Sep 9, 2009.

1. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

Okay done, read the other thread pointed above,

Now I got a feel of what my wife had been gone through previously.
    My case is almost 5% of the other poster's situation.
    We dont have Such a serious situation ever. I am too talketive and active in groups and talking to others, my wife is too reserved and cant mix with others.
    So, when I find others of my wave length, I used to go off da limits, if its female, it goes an inch ahead.
    So, these things turned out to be some SILENT WARS between TWO of US(only two of us, never these issues went to any third person) :)
    I worked it out though since the solution was with me :-D
    Now, gurls ,please dont compare my case with the other thread case, but that thread is showing the 70MM Cinema version of my TV episode :)

2. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

In Short,
    1. Stand by his wife when he knows what the real facts are.90% of the men keep mum when their parents unreasonably blame their wives even if they know it's not true.
    2. Consider their wife as a family member from day one, coz they take their own time some time years to be considered one.
    3. Treat her as a separate individual, don't compare with his mother, sisters, friends etc
    4. Not but not the least respect her opinion & suggesstions dont make her feel worthless.

3. rajisrinivasan

rajisrinivasan New IL'ite

A good husband's qualities

who gives

a shoulder to lean on
    an ear to listen
    helping hand when i drown in troubles
    who lets me to be me, myself.

4. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

Very dangerous commitment from such Goooood Hubbbbb :) Ear is the canal directly to the brain, easy to grill it out .. (just kidding.. )

5. humble

humble Junior IL'ite

Another most important quality.......

I think a "good husband" needs to get more and more sexier as years go by.......A husband should be judged even by his sexual apetite as years go by......;-)

A husband who tends to be lousy in bed is indeed a written off case accdg to me.......:rotfl

6. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Humble,

First of all, let me tell you, I am a male. Nonetheless, I can tell you onething with surety, that no woman measures the fufillment of her married life, by her husbands' performance in sex.

The husbands' sexual appetite is not an yardstick of measuring marital fulfillment for women.

The quality of sex is , rather, an yardstick of measuring marital fulfillment, for men's world only. By mistake, Men see women in this same light. This is one of the major reasons of conflict.

In women's world, the yardsticks of measuring marital fulfillment are

1) how much intimacy , her man gives her. Intimacy means into-me-see. That is exposing every part of his mind to her, both the good and bad parts of his mind. If he is happy , he has to share the real reasons for it , with her. If he is sad, he has to share the real reasons for it.

2) Willingness to listen. She expects the man to listen to her, when she talks , without interrupting, or without offering solutions. Simply, she wants to be just heard, when she talks.

3)Willingness to share household chores. A man doing households for a wife, though denigrated by the community , is the best turn on for a wife. A man doing the kitchen work is the best foreplay for any wife. Throw away all stupid sexuality books explaining "where to start touching / stroking to make your wife horny, " etc & go to kitchen and ask her, what you can do for her. Please make no mistakes, this is the best foreplay.

4)Lots of sensual touch. Touches like kissing on forehead, hugs in the midst of day, cuddle on sofa (without followed by sex...........sensual touching is different from sexual touching). As we men have thick skin, we do not need this sensual touch. But our women, have a skin which is much thinner than us. It has nerve endings, much more than ours. Hence, the woman in our lives need lots of sensual touching, though we do not need it. (what we need it sexual touching only, :)that is another story)

5) Giving three "A"s, One is Attention : When she wears a designer jeans, say that ,"your body is cute in this outfit". She feels , you are attentive to her. Second 'A' is, Appreciation. Say, 'the puzhikkuzhambu, you made today afternoon was really wonderful. I took twice the rice , I routinely eat". The third 'A' is Affection : The day, she has gone to her mother's house alone, make a call to her and say ,"The house is so desolate without you. You are every thing to this house and to me. Without you , I am nothing. I love you , beyond what you can imagine". It is not possible to say these words, daily. If you say, daily, they will become rhetorics. At least once in a fortnight, say loving words like this.

My dear friend, 'Humble', These are the yardsticks, by which women measure their level of fulfillment in married life. Sex is nowhere in their yardsticks.

Of course, sexual desire comes to a woman as a consequence of the above five acts done by her man. Without these five, even the best performed sex act by her man also will be the most irritating act to her. She will be thinking , "when-will-it-be-over-my God" with closed eyes. You may be stupidly assuming that she is enjoying your stud like performance. (She is actually tolerating it).

I am sorry to say, that I can easily guess, you must be a man, claiming to have registered, as a female. ( I looked at your profile).

Your wife must be in great distress, because of your way of seeing sex as the main yardstick of measuring marital fulfillment of women.

Just to save that poor woman from constant distress, I wrote the above.

Please dont get offended. Read the above five. Try applying them with your wife. Your days will be fulfilled and happier.

Go to your profile and enter your real gender as male.

Men are most welcome in this women's forum. You do not need to disguise as a woman, here.

Bye, gentleman.

7. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

According to me, a good husband has to be a best friend. PERIOD.

For me, my husband should not smoke/drink.. for some one else its ok if their husband smokes/drinks.. So basically what we are comfortable with depends by each individual. We don't have a choice to pick our parents, siblings, relatives and so on... Friends are the only relations we can choose based on our comfort and how well we get along. So if the husband tops that list and becomes the best friend, what else can a woman ask for?

Like some one else said in this thread, transparency is important in a marriage and as we share our deepest feelings and fears with our best friend... and if the best friend happens to be the husband... jackpot!!... with transparency comes honesty... which builds trust... which is a basic foundation for a marriage. I rest my case. Bow

8. kuttimma

kuttimma Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Nice qualities. I will add one more important quality for me. Impartial- that he should not have double standard one for his family and my family. When he expects me to consider his parents as mine he should sincerely show love and respect and treat mine as his parents (not in words but in actions as well):thumbsup

9. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Yes, Seeta, You said it precisely. If the hubby is the best friend of the wife, then everything else, in terms of equalness, mutual respect, appreciation etc, comes on its own.

10. humble

humble Junior IL'ite

Indianguy......FYI.......I AM A FEMALE.

I have no reason to disguise myself as a male. Your post explaining woman's psychology was well taken but not the latter part which I have quoted.
    And so kindly stop your "guesswork" based on my posts. You are free to express as you wish and so am I, till we both do not cross our limits.
    It only exposes that 'arrogance' in you .That was in poor taste!!!! and very offending!!!

Hope you understand it and stop it right here!!!
    Thanks!!!!