A Religious Survey!!!

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by loveleen001, Sep 11, 2009.

1. loveleen001

loveleen001 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies ...
    These are the top 9 most visited temples in india...
    Now ladies , how many of you have visited these temples...
    If not all atleast a few or may be none ....
    Do give in your reply...and lets find out how religious Indian women are???...
    <table style="border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#ce9f7d" cellspacing="0" width="50%"><tbody><tr> <td align="center" background="/gifs/bg-5.gif" valign="top" width="50%" height="230">[​IMG] The classical example of Rock Cut Architecture, these have invited a lot of controversies.....
    Khajuraho Temples
    </td> <td align="center" background="/gifs/bg-5.gif" valign="top" width="50%">[​IMG]
    This Unesco World Heritage Site is the living example of Dravidian Architecture....
    Konark Sun Temple
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" background="/gifs/bg-5.gif" valign="top" width="50%" height="230">[​IMG] The sacred Village Pond developed into a Spiritual Centre of Guru Gobind Singh. Read more...
    Golden Temple
    </td> <td align="center" background="/gifs/bg-5.gif" valign="top" width="50%">[​IMG] One of the most important pilgrims of Hindus, its is also one of the most visited temples of India...
    Meenakshi Temple
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" background="/gifs/bg-5.gif" valign="top" width="50%" height="230">[​IMG] One of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva, it was attacked 17 times for its Gold...
    Somnath Temple
    </td> <td align="center" background="/gifs/bg-5.gif" valign="top" width="50%">[​IMG] A true depiction of Jainism, it has idols of main teerthakars of Jainiam here....
    Ranakpur Jain Temples
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" background="/gifs/bg-5.gif" valign="top" width="50%" height="230">[​IMG] The finest forms of Buddhism architecture, these were built by Emperor Ashoka...

Sanchi Stupas
    </td> <td align="center" background="/gifs/bg-5.gif" valign="top" width="50%">[​IMG] These Buddhist Caves are an excellent example of Buddhism and Jainism...
    Ellora Cave Temples
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="center" background="/gifs/bg-5.gif" valign="top" width="50%" height="230">[​IMG]
    Known as the Architectural Marvels of the World, its a must see... ​
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

2. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

I have visited 2 temples out of all these.

3. bappika007

bappika007 Senior IL'ite

Hello Loveleen! I have been to atleast 5 temples out of all this.. My last temple visited out of these was Ellora cave temple.

It was nice experience over there, There are like almost 29 caves and the tenth cave is the most famous one. It is known as the "Carpenter's Cave". Beyond its multi-storeyed entry is a cathedral-like stupa hall also known as chaitya, whose ceiling has been carved to give the impression of wooden beams. At the heart of this cave is a 15-foot statue of Buddha seated in a preaching pose.

It was truly nice..

4. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

I visited only Ellora caves of above list..

I am wondering why Tirupathi balaji temple is not listed in most visited temples list..

Sujatha.

5. loveleen001

loveleen001 Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies...

Thankyou for all your wonderful responses...

But Shakambri...can you please let me know which two temples have you visited??
    And yes...Skalluri even I am wondering why tirupati is not included in the list...
    But that must be because it is probably the top most visited temple...

anyways...thanks again ladies....
    Hope there are more ladies here who would want to share their religious trips with us...
    Regards...:)

6. Mona1234

Mona1234 New IL'ite

I think Vaishno Devi temple should also be included in the list.