Long lost friend, Mona Jain

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by Neesha, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Neesha

Neesha Senior IL'ite

Hi

In days of no email and internet, in July 1997 I met an Indian girl Mona Jain from MIG colony, Indore, Madhya Pradesh when I went to Baba'a ashram in Puttaparthi. In the short time we exchanged pleasantries abt cricket, I was smitten abt Kumble while she with Jonty, and we exchanged addresses.
    We wrote to each other for a while. We both were single then. She told me that she was studying journalism and later wrote to say she was going to Jehwarlall Nehru University/ College in New Delhi to do further studying. She was going to give me her new address but told me to write to her Indore address. I wrote and never got a reply. I sent a post card enquiring abt her but never got a reply. I heard abt a heat wave and then flooding in that areas and hoped she was not affected by these. I have never heard from her again and always wonder what became of her.
    I anyone knew a Mona Jain from MIG colony, Indore, Madhya Pradesh I would be very interested.

Thanks Neesha

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Neesha,

Its so nice of you to search for a friend who has no concern for your love and friendship that you have extended with her.

She has neither bothered to be in touch with you nor has she tried to search for you.

Love does not understand any logic and I appreciate your concern for her as you are worried about the heat waves?

She will be safe, you can check with her neighbours or can go to the JN institute and speak to the Principal who would give you the names of her batch mates. You can pick the contacts from there and call them up, may be she is in touch with any one of them.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

Say Google - Mona Jain, MIG Colony, if she has posted any blog you can reach her.

Again where there is a will, there is a way.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  3. subashinib

subashinib Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Its very nice that u r searching for ur frd :) :cool2: Buddy.

Believe me,she will be doing good,but unfortunately she cant able to contact "U".

Its all part of our life.Take it cool.

CHEERS:thumbsup

4. mona_sai

mona_sai New IL'ite

Hi Neesha, where r u dear. I am the same Mona Jain from Mig Indore. fir n fine. I am in delhi now working as a journalist with PTI. I remember those days in Puttaparthi . there was one more girl with you Kaithi i guess. how is she. you r married na . any plans to visit India.
    mona

5. Neesha

Neesha Senior IL'ite

Dear Mona

I had given up hope that you would ever see this. I had posted it in September 2007. I went back often to check if anyone would give me clues but eventually stopped going to this post. Today 'Saraswati127' kindly drew my attention to this. I just hope you see this since it's 9 months after you posted!!

Can you believe that I was in India in December 2009, that is one of the reasons I didn't see your post!! After the July 1997 trip to Puttarparthi, this was my next trip. It was my mum, dad, sister, brother-in-law, husband and I with the kids. We arrived in Delhi on 8 December and left for the Golden Triangle tour. We returned to Delhi on 13 December and left for Varanasi on the 15th Dec. Thereafter we went to Puttarparthi and spent Christmas at the ashram. It's such a pity that we could not meet.

I really pray that you see this message and respond. Unfortunately I can't send you a private message as you are a new member and don't have that facility yet and we are not allowed to put our email address here.

I hope that you and your family are fine and God-willingly we will eventually meet.

Regards Neesha

6. Neesha

Neesha Senior IL'ite

Dear Saswati127

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. As you can see from my response I had not seen this post. I know it is really my friend Mona because she mentiontioned my friend K.. Please cross your fingers for us that we will eventually make contact.

Regards Neesha

7. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Mona and Neesha

How nice that both of you were able to find each other !!

thanks to IL for bringing two people back together

cheers

bhooma

8. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

This is so cool that IL brings together to friends, Neesha i am sure the Moderator would sent Mona an email, i not just find out from the moderator if they can send Mona a email to say that you are looking for her and take it from there.
    this is so filmy:rotfl
    love
    alpa:cheers

9. Neesha

Neesha Senior IL'ite

Hi ALPA

Thanks for the reply. We still haven't made contact so I wanted to contact the moderator but I couldn't post a message on FAQ's etc so I'm not sure how to go about it. Any ideas! Feeling desperate now!!

Neesha

10. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Neesha,

why don't you send a PM to induslady and tell her your problem i am sure she will definately guide you on how to get in touch with your friend.
    love
    alpa:cheers