1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair styles/Hair Cuts for long,short,curly,frizzy hair..requests and suggestions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Rajjo, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Prema88

Prema88 Senior IL'ite

hair styles according to Face Shape

Sometimes it is hard to determine what hairstyle will suit the face.. here are some tips..to determine your face shape and hairstyle that will suit..

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]To determine your face shape, take a tape measure or ruler and record the following:

1. The measurement of your face across the top of your cheekbones.
    2. The measurement across your jawline from the widest point to the widest point.
    3. The measurement across your forehead at the widest point (generally somewhere halfway between your eyebrows and your hairline).
    4. The measurement from the tip of your hairline to the bottom of your chin.

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Egg Shaped With A Forehead And Jaw That Are The Same Width[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
    The ideal face shape, because it is proportionally balanced.

Styles to try: an oval face will suit any hairstyle be it straight, wavy, curly, short, medium or long.

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Circular Shaped[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
    The best way to flatter a round face is to create an oval appearance which will lift your facial features.

Styles to try: a below the chin haircut that keeps the sides close to your face and promotes height at the crown is a great style. Hairstyles that are longer than chin length will also suit, and by layering the top to achieve fullness, and keeping the cut relatively close to the face, your face shape will appear longer and narrower. Styles that include short fringes will also add length to your face.

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]The Face Is Longer Than It Is Wide[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
    Oblong faces have high foreheads and long chins and require haircuts that add width and volume.

Styles to try: haircuts that will mostly suit are anything that is short to medium length, such as the "Wedge" style.

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Wide At The Forehead, Narrowing To A Point At The Jawline[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
    The objective is to create width around your narrow chin.

Styles to try: soft and curly chin-length hairstyles would suit best. A chin length bob is a great style that creates a balanced look by giving fullness and balance where you need it.

Tell me if it was useful..
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

2. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Plsss Helppppp..I need a hair cut !

Dear ILs I need help..:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

Is it a good idea to have a Hair Cut in Salon? I usually trim my hair every couple of months at home itself. But offlate thinking if its a good idea to go to a salon and have a good Hair cut.

Hair is going dry and dead ever since I came here to US, Have been trying various things from this forum, it looks ok on the day I take hair bath, but gets back to square one and it really spoils the whole look.

1) Any recommendations for a good Salon? I have Supercuts,Greatclips near by.

2) Would they suggest you a hair style that might suit, or do I need to plan all that and ask them to do? If so, how should I tell them? I mean, 'in inches to cut' or what? Coz I have no idea of a style. And I see various options in this forum/net, but not sure how far they are safe to go ahead and decide one..I dont want to cut and later repent.

3) Will there be any change (+ve or -ve) in the hair texture, in going to a salon?

Is it fine just to have a cut or should I go for Shampoo,Blow dry as some people suggest.

Plllllllssssss help, I have no idea on the above but really wanted to try it out soon..

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  3. SweetDreamz007

SweetDreamz007 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Plsss Helppppp..I need a hair cut !

Hi Sowmya,

First, relax. How long is your hair. Great clips/ super cuts are fine. I would suggest you to browse thru some hair cuts on internet/ magazines to see what you might like and what might suit yiur hair texture. You can ask the hairstylist to give you layers/ bangs etc and also let them know you would like to get xyz inches cut. They follow pretty well. Good luck with your hair cut.

4. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Both are fine - they are basic salons..Nothing very high end..

Both ways work - you can specify a style or ask them to suggest one..but are you comfortable to say okay to the style they suggest? (I would not be!) They usually have a magazine with different hair cuts in the salon..you can check it out and show them the cut you want.. I usually do this at great clips - works for me! They ask you how much length to cut off - tell them clearly - stylists here usually go very short!!!!

Just for a hair cut??? NO way!! :)

Just kidding, if you go for treatments regularly, you will see a difference... One visit usually doesn't show any difference at all...
    Shampoo and blow dry - they do just that...your style would look great as they set it and blow dry it... it would go away the next time you wash your hair at home... If you are going on a night out or some party - you could do this...else, not required IMO...

5. Serenity_John

Serenity_John Bronze IL'ite

Hi Amywos,

First of all, calm down. You can get great haircut if you have more knowledge of what type of haircut suits your face shape.

One thing you must know is that a inch can mean way different to hairstylist. So, you must show with your hand how much you want to cut off and how long you want your hair to be at the end.

Also, take pictures of hairstyles that you think will look good on you and show it to the hairstylist. Ask his/her opinion to know for sure it would look good on you. If they recommend a slight variation, consider it carefully because they have enough experience to know what looks good on what type of person. But, don't just go and tell them you want a haircut and expect them to give you one that looks good on you. They might but then again, they also might be itching to try out a new hairstyle in trend--and though it might look good on you, you might not like its style.

Also, tell the hairstylist about your life style. How many times per week you use shampoo/conditioner, and what types of products you use. How many times you use flatirons/blowdryers. Did you get your hair colored recently? How much time you spend on your hair each morning? etc etc. Depending on all this information, he/she might be able to better help you with your style.

So, keep these tips in mind when you go for haircut.

Some of my previous posts might also be helpful for you:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/h...s/31158-ten-tips-help-you-get.html#post365676

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/hair-care-and-hair-styles/25769-tips-choose-hairstyle-ur-face.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/hair-care-and-hair-styles/25776-types-of-bangs-fringers-hair.html

Good luck!

Sere

6. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Sweetdreamz, thanks for the boost-up :cheers

Thanks for the elaborate reply vidhya..Good that u said, I will go for only hair cut, as am not planning it for any party n all.. :cheers

Sere, you rock..:thumbsup Wow, So much of information on that thread u had given..I never know what are bangs/fringes. Those were very helpful. thanks a ton..I loveeee those bangs,layer cuts...but little apprehensive if that would suit me n all, else if I dont like it, guess it will take lot of time to grow back .

Anyway thanks much for all the inputs..

7. loveleen001

loveleen001 Senior IL'ite

re: hair styles according to Face Shape

Thanks for the information Prema.. You know when I go out for a cut I ask them to cut the way which will suit me best. But anyways atleast i can try something new this time..

Thanks for the same...

8. Serenity_John

Serenity_John Bronze IL'ite

If you are apprehensive about how they would look on you, then you can try virtual hairstyles to see if they suit you. You basically upload a picture and see how a hairstyle looks on you. If you don't want to upload, then choose a model pic with same face shape.

Try one of these sites:

Online Makeup Artist and Hairstylist - TAAZ Online Makeovers
    http://makeover.dailymakeover.com/virtual-makeover/#/home

You can also google virtual hairstyle/online makeover.

Good luck!

9. PetiteFashionB

PetiteFashionB Senior IL'ite

Suggets me some hair styles

Hi friends

I have naturally curly and short -shoulder length hair.
    My hair is very frizzy and damaged.

So i have stopped using all the chemicals and products or tools on my hair.

Please suggest me some hair styles for parties.
    With this lenght and curls i only do simple updo ,tieing up my hair.
    I can do on and off straightening if required but i dnt know the hairstyles.

10. nalinasiv

nalinasiv New IL'ite

Re: Hair Styles for Long & Short Hair

Hi,
    Great work. Pics are good.

Thanks,
    Nalina