Shri Badrinath Dham

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by chanchal088, Aug 21, 2009.

1. chanchal088

chanchal088 Senior IL'ite

Badrinath, the seat of the god Vishnu in his aspect of Badrinarayan, is the most important of the four sites in India's Char Dham pilgrimage.

The temple's was built by the Kings of Garhwal about two centuries ago.

When I had visited this temple, I was taken by the architecture.

The temple has three sections - Garbhagriha (Sanctum), The Darshan Mandap, and Sabha Mandap. The Garbhagriha (Sanctum) houses Lord Badri Narayan, Kuber (God of wealth), Narad Rishi, Uthavar, Nar & Narayan.The principal image is of black stone and it represents Vishnu seated in meditative pose.

I even enjoyed the natural hot springs. I felt this to be a nice place to share my experience with my fellow IL's

2. menila01

menila01 Senior IL'ite

When we went to this dham..

Early morning, after having a bath in the Taptkund we had the Darshan of Badrivishal, After darshan we went to Mana Village : Inhabited by an Indo-Mongolian tribe, it is the last Indian village before Tibet then drove back to Rudrapryag,

It was a nice tour and indeed architecture was beautiful and the we really did enjoy bath in the Taptkund..

3. keerat45

keerat45 Senior IL'ite

I have been once to this temple, in it Lord Badri Narayan (also called as Badri Vishal) is armed with Shankh (Conch) and Chakra in two arms in a lifted posture and two arms rested on the lap in Yogamudra.

The principal image is of black stone and it represents Vishnu seated in meditative pose.

Thanx for sharing your experiances IL's. It is nice to know that someone has been there already....

4. Muktachabda

Muktachabda Senior IL'ite

[​IMG] Charan of Bhagwan Adhinath at Digamabar Jain Chitalaya in Badrinath

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Besides this the temple of Bhagwan Adinath is known as mata murti mandir and on the hill on the way to Neelkanth about 2 Kms, one could see the charan of Bhagwan Adinath.[/FONT]

5. menila01

menila01 Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    This is the beautiful temple of sri badrinath dham...
    [​IMG]

How many of you have been here...
    Is it really so pretty??