Jhakhu Temple

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by Prema88, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Prema88

Prema88 Senior IL'ite

According to a legend, Hanuman, the faithful follower of Lord Rama rested at Jhakhu Hill after he had collected the mythical medicinal `sanjivani` for Lakshmana, brother of Lord Rama, from the Himalayas. As Lakshmana was injured in a battle with Ravana`s forces, Lord Rama ordered Hanuman to bring `sanjivani` to save Lakshmana. Not surprisingly, there are many monkeys around the temple.

Though I have heard about this temple but never had an opportunity to visit. Can anyone tell me how to reach there?

2. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Hi...

I have been to this temple, really a wonderful experience for us ....We went to Simla, from there we walked to this temple.

Check this link, you will get an idea : Temples of Distt. Shimla

3. bappika007

bappika007 Senior IL'ite

The temple can be approached through a dense forest of Deodars. Ponies are also available to reach the temple.

I had a wonderful experience traveling on the back of the pony. through the dense forest. I was indeed a nice time.

The temple is made of red and yellow brick with fairy lights and tinsel. There are prints inside the shrine, which are believed to be the footprints of Hanuman.

Nice to hear experiences of others... I hope to hear more..

4. chanchal088

chanchal088 Senior IL'ite

[​IMG] I see everyone saying temples but it is a church... and a beautiful one..not only the church but also the way by which we go there..

I really appreciate the beauty of Shimla...

5. jasmine1763

jasmine1763 Senior IL'ite

Even I felt its a church but I have heard that

The temple site predates the British Raj. An episode in the Ramayana had Lakshman, Rama's brother mortally wounded in a battle with Ravana's forces. Hanuman was sent to fetch the mythical medicinal 'Sanjivini' herb from the Himalayas in order to cure the wounded. The legend about the temple is that Hanuman rested at Jakhu Hill after collecting the herb. After resting, he journeyed back to the battlefield of Lanka.???? Isnt it?

6. loveleen001

loveleen001 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies...
    This is the beautiful Jhaku temple...
    And please...its not a church...its a temple ladies....

[​IMG]

Do post some more pictures...
    Regards...