What Do You Think???

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by bappika007, Sep 4, 2009.

1. bappika007

bappika007 Senior IL'ite

We are Indians don't you think?? But sometimes in our cultures and traditions we see we are more modernized and diverted to western culture..

I am just sharing my feelings and trying to get reviews of the IL's, it came to my mind seeing the fact that most of us write in these forums in English.. no one speaks Punjabi.. I would really love to see some one replying me in in Punjabi..

Tussi apne ray punchabi vich likh deo...

2. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Bappika ji Sat Siri Akaal!!!!!

Tussi kiwen ho?

i am not a punjabi so excuse me for having replied.

india is a country that is based on the fact that we are proud of the unity in diversity.

i am also happy if i read & respond to the threads in tamizh (l), being my mother tongue.

but in this forum there are numerous subjects being discussed and if each individual starts responding in their own language then the message doesn't reach the audience.

english is the language that has united the indian nation and we are able to communicate with each other locally within india & abroad.

globally english skills of indians is also the major reason for the success story of specifically the indian IT industry which is a key contributor to the indian economical growth factor.

if we were not good in english the other neighbouring countries would have outpaced our development.

i believe there should be threads related to punjabi existing.

Sat Siri Akaal Bappika ji.

3. bappika007

bappika007 Senior IL'ite

I am glad you dropped by..I am good. Thank you.

You are right, that English is globally understood but you know sometimes seeing people talking in your own language is a different feeling.

Dont you think? well do keep replying..

4. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

i agree it's a great feeling to express in the mother tongue.

nobody can deny the love we have for mothers and

that's the reason it's named mother tongue.

5. chanchal088

chanchal088 Senior IL'ite

Hello Bappika, I really appreciate the concern you have shown for our Indian traditions, It is for true that we are more inclined towards western culture now-a-days,

But I find it no wrong when we are modernizing.

I hope views of other Ladies might be a bit different..