1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Protein Rich Foods

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by rajalakshmigopal, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Amarpreetkochar

Amarpreetkochar Junior IL'ite

Hi,
    Green Peas are a good source of proteins .Rajma and tur dal are also a good source of proteins.

Good luck,
    Amarpreet:)

2. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Helo Rajalakshmi,

1. As you have got so many of the suggestions with pulses having high protiens - I would only like to add to this point that pulses have higher protiens when they sprouted (but not too much). Thats the best time to eat pulses (ofcourse otherwise also it is good)

2. Soyabean has the highest protien value as compared to any vegetarian food. You could make soya chunks (nutrella).

3. You get soyabean powder in the market. Add the powder to anything that you eat. Be it chapathis, dal, dosas. Add a spoonful in everything. And on top it - doesn't alter the taste at all.!!

4. Milk and milk products ofcourse is a good source but also has some amount of fats along with them.

Good luck to you
    Gayathri

3. bhanuleo

bhanuleo Silver IL'ite

Good info... Thanks Raji...

4. achutty

achutty New IL'ite

Re: Urgent ...Protein Rich Foods

Dear rajalakshmigopal

I have gone through this phase of transfer and advised the same about protien rich food. But I would like to highlight few foods though rich in protien but I was asked to either limit or not take such as listed below but it was particularly around and after transfer, then in first few months :

Sesame seeds products, soyabean products, pineapple, papaya,
    well cooked chicken (very little) .

Instead the easy ways to achieve protien are

1. Green daal sprouts or black channa daal sprouts
    2. smaller fishes like sardines, mackerel, lake salmon that dont eat other fishes , Meat such as lamb or mutton - if you eat non-veg - ask butcher to cut off the excess fat. (I was non meat eater but started to eat aspart of my this requirement )

3. Almost all dhaal varieties and Raagi or Indian Millet is good source of protien
    4.Egg is good source of protien - if you want to cut on fat just avoid yolk and hav atleast 2-3 egg whites well cook ( please do not go for half-boiled esp. while trying to or if concieved.

5 .Milk is another source....then a lot as others have replied....
    6. cashew, peanuts, walnuts, almonds - are best protien if taken in moderate especially trying to concieve and even after that.

7.Banana is known to have good amount of protien than vitamins and fibre.

My aim was to tell you protien foods to avoid that I was asked to avoid - as those foods have got something to do with our female hormones and its stimulation. There is no research proofs but by the doctors experience. Any to avoid food that produce bodily heat.

Hope this gives u an idea of my concern as you are looking forward to a very much awaited moment. All the best with your treatment and I am sure everythings will go on well. Keep us updted . Take care....:thumbsup

not in conception phase :hide:.Praying God to move me there.I am asked to eat protein rich foods for endometrium development and embryo implantation.

Thanks for your concern!:)[/quote]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  5. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Many thanks dear Gayathri and achutty.

Very useful info.Thanks again for the share :)

6. ryxin

ryxin New IL'ite

As i know,nuts and cheese that is more also protein.
    Good luck to you,..stay always believe in God.