How to cure asthma without any side effects?

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by aparajitasarkar, Sep 7, 2009.

1. aparajitasarkar

aparajitasarkar New IL'ite

<o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hello Girls,

My immediate neighbor has a four years old daughter who falls sick every 15 days. She is suffering from asthma. The doctors have suggested to leave <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangalore</st1:place></st1:city> or to wait till she reaches 5 or 7 years so that she has a strong immunity. The docs have prescribed her antibiotics or inhalers. However, she is too young for all that. Her parents are very worried.
    Are there any other ways like Ayurvedic or homeopathic medicines for curing wheezing completely?

Please do reply…

Bye,

Aparajita

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    first your neighbouurs have to really make thier house clean, they should have no rugs or carpets in the house, theA/C should be off as with it she can get asthma, her beddingshould be aired in the sun every one week, she have cotton beddings, polyester filled pillow and then should give her lots of hot water to drink, they should see what triggers it as food also triggers asthma, she should not have bananas or any milk products, they should do food test by testing different foods everyday and see what is triggering the asthma.
    i sufferfrom asthma, when i was 4yrs old i used to have it then it dissappeared and i just got it back 10yrs bck but now its in control, she should drik lots of hot water and i used to have raw eg mixed with milk everyday for a month and it cured my asthma
    hope this info helps
    love
    alpa:cheers

3. bars62

bars62 Senior IL'ite

hi aparajita

first of all let me know which part of bangalore you are staying ?

i know a very good ayurvedic doctor in malleswaram who gives medicine to built up immunity level. He is in 7th cross .clinic name is prashanthi clinic and Dr.name is Giridhar Kaje.

it has nothing to do with cleaniness. asthma comes mainly because of allergy and bangalore weather that too monsoon season triggers the ailment.

child feet should be covered with socks always and ears also should be covered.

steam inhalation everyday also helps for the phlegm to come out which gives relief to asthma.

child palms and feet should be given massage everyday which activates immunity level.

further help of acupressure can be given by me.

bars62
    bharathy.g.

4. sriparnaguha

sriparnaguha New IL'ite

Hello Aparajita,

It is very sad to hear that a 4 year kid is suffering from asthma. Anyways, if the asthma is caused due to some allergy or hyper responsiveness then you make sure that her parents do not let her expose to things to which she is allergic.
    Both Alpa and Bharathy has given the good advice.

Waiting for your reply…

Take care,

Sriparna

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  5. aparajitasarkar

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CIS%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hello Alpa, Bharathy and Sriparna,

Thanks three of you for providing help. The kid is suffering a lot. To Bharathy, we live in BTM. Thanks for informing about the Ayurvedic doctor but they don’t go for alternative medicines actually.
    I will tell her parents about what you three have posted.
    Hopefully, this will help the kid.

Thank you all,

Take care,

Aparajita

6. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

hi dear,
    i read an article in an indian newspaper - BOMBAY TIMES, THE TIMES OF INDIA 11TH MY 2008 it has a good article on asthma and it says that cockroaches,housflies,mosquitos and housedust mites aremajor contributors to asthma.
    please log on to Times Wellness Online and click on Body you will get all hte info regarding asthma.

Cleanliness has is contributor to asthma, i know because i suffer from asthma, pollution, pollen grains are factors that cause asthma.

hope this helps
    love
    alpa:cheers

7. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

HI Aparajita:

I completely agree with Alpa about the cleanliness factor. My son has bronchitis since he was 3.5 years and I have seen keeping his surroundings clean helps. I used to vacuum his mattress every week. No soft toys for him. Kept him away from dust as much as possible - away from bookstores, construction sites (cement was a trigger factor for him).

Steam inhalation helps. As also making the child sleep at an inclination of 30-40 degrees. Also, avoid cold foods and drinks from the refrigerator. Avoid watermelon, banana, grapes and strawberry. Ofcourse on an individual basis, the allergic factors may be different. That has to be checked on an ongoing basis. will let you know how that can be done if necessary.

While my son's health has seen major improvement - thanks to alternative medicines, his paediatrician has put him a combination of ayurvedic and allopathic medicine which has kept roughly 6000 of his little patients away from inhalers. I am really glad I found the doctor:) This doctor has his clinic at Sahakaranagar. Let me know if your neighbour will be interested.

I know of both ayurvedic and homeopathic doctors who have cured cases of childhood asthma. Could provide you with their contacts also.

Following the basic precautions for a start will be good. Hope this helps.

Sindhu

8. bars62

bars62 Senior IL'ite

hi aparajita

it is very sad that child's parents does not believe in alternative treatments. continuous antibiotic will weaken the child's immune system

asthma can be kept under control easily in Ayurveda and homeopathy treatments along with some natural remedies.

try to convince them .

bars62
    bharathy.g.

9. ChinnuZ

ChinnuZ New IL'ite

Hi

My son has Asthma. He had his 1st asthma attack when he was only 1yr old. Now he is 11 yrs and it is under control but once in a while he still has asthma attack.
    The main reason for asthma is allergy to food or other things like dust, pollen, mold, pets etc. I don't know the allergy test is available in India. If it is available, the kid should have the allergy test and find out the things he is allergic to and avoid those things. That way you can bring the asthma under control.
    As soon as he shows the symptoms of Asthma, he should take the inhaler/pump as prescribed by doctor right away is very important. I don't know why antibiotics are involved with Asthma. We never gave antibiotics for Asthma attack. May be it is the steroids you are talking about. If it is, it should be given only as necessary. We give it to our son only if he is continuously having the asthma attack like if I have to give several times in a day his inhaler, then we will start the steroids to bring it under control, but check with your doctor. Last time we gave him was 3yrs ago.

Some kids will come out of asthma as they get older but keeping it under control is the right thing he can do now.

10. aparajitasarkar

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CIS%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hello Cinnu, Bharathy, Sindhurao and Alpa,

Thanks everyone for your help. I will tell my neighbor about everything that you all have posted. I too have heard that being clean helps a lot in avoiding asthma attack. Between to Bharathy, I have told about the ayurvedic doctor that you have mentioned here and I think they will go for a check up. Actually I convinced them go for it.
    Keeping under control, that’s the main thing that they will have to do right now.

Thanks again…

Love,

Aparajita