1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Irregular periods

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by prathi, Sep 21, 2005.

1. bars62

bars62 Senior IL'ite

Re: Dryness in vaginal area

hi tempy 72

you can have lot of liquids especially plain water.

press and release the wrist region (both hands) for 10 to 15 minuts a day.
    this will give you relief.

bars62
    bharathy.g.

2. preetho

preetho New IL'ite

Re: PCOS-Moral Dilemma

Hi Friends,

I am also diagnosed with PCOD for the past 2 years. I got married and had a miscarriage and since then I have PCOD. I was 62 kgs but now I weigh 85 kgs. I am trying to reduce my weight, but it seems to be of no effect even with diet and exercise.

I am getting depressed bcoz of that. I am trying hard to shed some weight and become pregnant.

I am on metformin 500 (1 tabs after lunch and dinner) every day.

I want to jump back to my normal weight and look stunning the same way I used to look before.

3. tempy72

tempy72 Senior IL'ite

i am not getting you.wtas related to press hands?

4. momisha

momisha New IL'ite

Re: veryyyyyy tensed

thnx sujatha fr kind words.

5. ras09

ras09 New IL'ite

Re: PCOS-Moral Dilemma

i have detected with PCOS this year. I have started taking Ayurvedic medicines one month ago and my period is normal

well let me share with you the name of the medicines.
    1. Hyponidd

2. Amycordial

3. M2- Tone

4. Aloes Compound

All these medicines are made of natural herbs
    Hope you can search more details about them on google as i cant post url here...
    its really healthy way of treatment.

6. ras09

ras09 New IL'ite

Ayurvedic medicines for irregular, missed periods and PCOS

Hello Everyone..
    i used to have irregular periods when i was 20. i started taking ayurvedic medicines as i was fed up with other medicines like birth control pill to regularize periods. My periods were regular for 3 years. last year, it got irregular again
    i have detected with PCOS this year. I have started taking Ayurvedic medicines one month ago and my period is normal

well let me share with you the name of the medicines.
    1. Hyponidd

2. Amycordial

3. M2- Tone

4. Aloes Compound

5. Pause capsule.

All these medicines are made of natural herbs
    Hope you can search more details about them on google as i cant post url here...
    its really healthy way of treatment.
    Consult any ayurvedic doctor before starting it.

1 person likes this.
  7. Noor01

Noor01 Senior IL'ite

Hi...

It is always better to consult a gynecologist to ascertain what exactly the cause of your vaginal dryness is, and consequently treat it as per proper medical methods. There are number of medical treatments available to remedy this condition and in depending on the severity of your condition you might also need to go through a hormone replacement therapy get back your desired hormone level.
    There are, however, some remedies you can try out at your end to relieve the vaginal dryness to certain extent.

• The first thing to do is to increase your daily water intake. Drink plenty of water throughout the day at frequent intervals to keep your body suitably hydrated. You should also find out if there are certain chemicals you are coming in contact with.

• Many a times, detergents, soaps, perfumes, and other personal care products can act as irritants and lead to vaginal dryness.

• Another important thing to do is to follow a balanced diet so that the hormone imbalance in the body can be corrected to certain extent. If you are following a low-fat and low-carbohydrate diet there are chances that the body is not getting ample amount of nutrients and as a result production of sex hormones are hindered.

• Sex hormones like estrogen, which is responsible for vaginal lubrication, are derived from cholesterol and therefore you might need to add certain foods in your diet so as to increase cholesterol to desired level.

• Also consider applying some commercially available mild lubricants and moisturizers that are deemed safe to be applied to sensitive and private parts.

• To stimulate the thyroid gland activity you may also eat foods rich in Vitamin A (eggs, carrots, green vegetables) and iodine (sea fish, sea weeds, iodized salt).
    Regards...:)

8. momisha

momisha New IL'ite

Re: Health issue - Uterus removed

yyy was uer uterus removed?wat were d symtoms after removal?actually i hv large fibroids,am childless,my uterus is going tu b removed soon.

9. Dr4help

Dr4help Junior IL'ite

Duration of PCOS therapy?

Hello frenz, m a 21yr old student.. I had irregular periods always..have facial hair:( and weight of 65 kg for ht 5'5.. was diagnosed of PCOS last dec. Since then i was on spironolactone 100 mg..i didnt find any improvement in facial hair..though now my cycle duration is reduced. I hv started metformin 500mg twice a day..my main aim s to reduce bodyhair coz at d moment i hv no plans of pregnancy..i used to exercise too but no significant change in wt after a certain drop. My exams wl end in dec n hv decided to start yoga n vigorous exercises after dat. Now m takin both spironolaclone n met, i dnt kno for how much duration i shud take this. Since m a medical student so it gets embarrassin for me to go my hosp gynae dept..pls tel me wat to do..facial hair r somethin i really get depressed of..laser therapy is nt wat i cn afford now.. Wat shud i do?? Pls help. I dnt mind ayurvedic or homeopathic med too if they work well..thanks

10. Noor01

Noor01 Senior IL'ite

Re: Duration of PCOS therapy?

Here are some home remedies for you....

Water-Therapy
    Water-therapy advocates the following procedure for detoxification.
    - Drink about 1.5 liters (0.4 gallons) of clean, lukewarm water on waking up every morning (having rested and fasted for 6-8 hours).
    - Do not eat anything for about 1 hour after ingesting water.
    - Be moderately active after drinking the water.

Remedy: Amla
    Patients are advised to consume one Amla fruit everyday. If fresh fruit is not available, frozen fruit may be thawed and consumed either on an empty stomach or with meals. The seed is not to be consumed.

The fruit is a mixture of several tastes: sweet, sour, bitter, astringent and pungent. If taste of the raw fruit is not agreeable, the following recipe, which is well-tailored to PCOS patients may be tried.

Remedy: Tulsi
    For PCOS, it is recommended that the patient consume 10-12 leaves a day (either raw or boiled in water) early in the morning prior to breakfast. As with most natural remedies, any noticeable improvements from this treatment are likely to occur after about 8-10 weeks of use. Furthermore, the treatment must be accompanied by an appropriate life-style and dietary intake. Though slow, it will restore the delicate natural balance of the hormones and improve health and longevity.

Often patients respond better with fresh leaves or fresh leaf-tea than with the Tulsi-tea that sells in stores. Tulsi supplement as tablet/pill is another option but is secondary to using fresh leaves.

Remedy: Fenugreek
    Fenugreek seeds: Patients are advised to consume 1 tsp. of soaked seeds thrice a day. The seeds should be soaked for at least 6-8 hours to make them soft and chewable. The first daily dose should be on an empty stomach in the morning unless this treatment is in conjunction with honey . The other two doses may be taken about 10 minutes prior to lunch and dinner. The seeds are bitter and not many like the taste. But who says medicines are made for taste!

Remedy: Honey
    It is important to follow the instructions given below when administering honey to the PCOS patient.
    Ingredients
    -Honey: 1 tbsp.
    -Lemon: 4 tbsp.
    -Lukewarm (NOT hot) water: 200-250 ml

Mix all the above ingredients thoroughly to make the drink. The patient is to take this drink every morning on an empty stomach and wait for about 1/2 an hour before ingesting anything else. Follow the drink with soaked Fenugreek seeds if using that treatment protocol as well.

Preferably PCOS patients should avoid taking honey in any form of preparation other than the one described.

Remedy: Bitter Gourd
    To treat PCOS, the best way to consume Bitter Gourd is to drink the juice prepared from a 5-6 inches long raw vegetable (by beating it in a mixer and straining it) every morning for at least 3-4 months after which the frequency may be reduced depending on the patient's progress. As the name implies the vegetable and its juice are very bitter to taste. The patient must remember that its benefits far outweigh its bitterness!

Hope you try all these remedies...and be patient ...
    the results will only be visible after about 8-10 weeks...
    Regards...:)