1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Irregular periods

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by prathi, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Re: Hymen

Hello Kamakshi,

Since I have worked in a OB/Gyn hospital in the front office I know that my doctor used to perform a procedure called "HYMENECTOMY" for patients who are trying for babies.
    Please visit a gynaec. and she will explain this procedure for you.
    BTW, it is not a major surgery, so I am sure this should probably help you.

2. Kamakshi2009

Kamakshi2009 New IL'ite

Re: Hymen

Hello Sudha,

Thanks for your suggestion.Is that procedure painful?How long it will take?

3. Jyothisri

Jyothisri Bronze IL'ite

Re: veryyyyyy tensed

Momisha

If you are still looking for homoeopathic treatment, this is a well-known doctor. Homoeopathy can help you.

Best wishes to you.

4. momisha

momisha New IL'ite

thnx jyoti

5. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Dear Momisha,

My dear... You seem to be very upset and depressed with the challenges you are facing. first of all you need solace. Please try to calm yourself wtih breathing excercise , meditation that will boost confidence to face the situations and take approriate decisions with out getting anxious and panic.
    I can relate your case to me like facing challenges with anxiety and panic feelings and restlessness which lead to anxiety attacks and panic attacks and made my life hell. I dont want to scare you but telling you to be cautious of your mind games.

You have will power with in you, if you believe you can achieve it, you can. gain it with meditation. see the positive imaginary world of having a baby in your arms, free of health problems, concentrate on those positive thoughts, work on them.

Take the second opinion with other good gyn doctor and follow good nutritous food and try to make daily routine stress free without getting disturbed anything surrounding you , no matter it is your in laws or anything else.

keep in touch and express your feelings with your close family freinds or IL.

cheer up my dear.. you will make it.

Sujatha.

6. PoojaPraveen

PoojaPraveen Senior IL'ite

Periods has stopped at the age of 24

Hi IL’s,

I want to discuss my friend’s problem here.

My friend is 24 years, single girl and over weight.

Problem is her periods has stopped all of a sudden, she consulted a Homeopathic physician.
    He has prescribed her some tablets…She needs to take that tablet then only her periods starts, else she will not have at all.. We even waited for 6months to see if this is just the irregularity in the period cycles but no use….

And she doesnt have any pain during the periods and it continues for 4days.. But the succeding month again the tablets need to be taken..:rant

Her parents are not allowing her to visit a gynecologist or go for allopathy. And they are looking for a suitable guy for her marriage. But she is scared to marry without rectifying this problem..

I have never come across this type of thing in my life, so I am totally blank here..:crazy
    Have you come across this type of case anywhere, is there any solution for this and what do you suggest her to do??:hide:

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Periods has stopped at the age of 24

Pooja,

I have only one thing to say. your friend needs to visit a gynec for a profile. there are various reasons when your period stops. at 24 it is too early for menopause (that recently have seen in a few friends at the age of 35+).

She definitely needs to go for hormonal profile which would clearly give the details. she could be having thyroid or other problems which could be resulting in her overweight and missing her periods.

her periods starting with the giving of some hormonal medicines(i am sure it is) means that there is something that is wrong with her and needs to be corrected.

and tell her to take a decision of convincing and going to a doctor. There is nothing wrong in going to a gynec before marriage.

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Pooja,
    I don't think one can reach menopause in 24!

Her Over weight must have to be reason behind it. Hormonal study will clear this doubt & can bring back normal periods with regular medication pretty soon! Ask her to concentrate in weight reduction. That will help her.

Whether her parents understand what is going on? Without periods being normal, how come her married life will go well? Her in-laws will raise this question after a month of marriage & her life will go to hell after that! Ask her to go to gynec & solve this puzzle. Convince her parents. Going to gynec is not a mistake. These days its important... This is more important to her married life!

9. PoojaPraveen

PoojaPraveen Senior IL'ite

Hi Shanthi & Vasumathi,

Thank you so much for your Guidance.

My friend’s over all health check up was done and it is normal.
    And even thyroidal test seems to be normal.
    So may be the problem may be with the Hormones, Will tell her to get that tested once... It didn’t even flash to me that it could be coz of hormones:bonk

But the major problem is convincing her parents as they are very narrow minded about the same... Or may be I can speak to them or better would be my mom speaking to them na?? :idea

Hope everything comes back to normal soon..
    Thanks once again :bowdown

10. tempy72

tempy72 Senior IL'ite

Dryness in vaginal area

How to avoid dryness in vagina.