November 2009 Mommies!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by vpriya, Mar 3, 2009.

1. sushmail.30

sushmail.30 Senior IL'ite

@ Thanks tej

It was very informative. Im still in dilemma whether to buy or not. Its just matter of 2 months again after 2 months we may not be able to use it much.

I already had bought so many things, just use them for few days and throw them away in house. That is how my house is bundled with many things.

so I need to make a wise decision this time.

2. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

@sush
    I agree with you with you on avoiding clutter.. We live in an apartment, so have to be all the more careful esp after baby arrives and all the baby things in the house!

That's why I suggested the fat soft pillow between your knees and legs as a comfort. See if that helps to alleviate some of your back pain.

3. ranjoose

ranjoose Bronze IL'ite

HI Everybody,
    My glucose test results came out normal. It was 123 she said.

I found this link very useful.
    Exercise In Pregnancy.

We bought some baby clothes from Carter's and Osh Kosh - a few nb and a few 0-3 months!!! I love looking at those clothes everyday. They are so cute.:)
    I have gained a total of 16 pounds and Im gaining so fast!!!
    Have a nice weekend
    Take care

4. sushmail.30

@ tej

Yeah sure i will consider ur advice.

@Ranjitha

Cool gal, that so nice to know u have cleared GTT. So what kind of clothes did you buy? all winter wear ?

@ Ladies

Did any one of you write a birth plan yet? if yes please share it with us.

5. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

How is everyone doing?
    I am not able to sleep much, short disturbed sleep. just finished cleaning all the baby stuff and took out all the basic ones needed for first few months. has any one started shopping? i haven't yet.

Pranavi: i have aventis manual pump, it was simple and easy to use. but do remember it is just for occasional use. if u want to pump often better to go for electric one. i think there are more manual pumps available now. so do check the reviews. i liked mine.

Sush: regarding diapers my son was sensitive to scented ones, so i had to try different brands for him. same with bottles, he never used much of bottles just the aventis ones initially, but he used sippy cup from 11th month. so try different bottles and see which one ur baby likes.

Lalitha, nice notes on Cloth diapering. i will also be doing cd for the first few months, maybe will use both later on.i think in india u can get help to wash the diapers etc, but here it is difficult, since we need to do all the work.my mom got lots of cd from justborn and naidu hall which are long lasting as i did machine wash.
    i feel with cd the kids get potty trained earlier, now actually i was showing all the baby videos to my Little one, so he knows what he did as a baby and would be ready for the new baby, at 11 months i had started making him sit on potty and realized we started training him before 1 yr. so just trying to refresh our memory with what we did when etc. it was nice to see the videos and he enjoyed too.
    My sil had a journal writing down all the developments of the baby, wish i had did it for my first one, so it will be a good reference for the second baby.
    anyone planning to write down?

I feel as if i am not yet ready for the baby, it is going to be just 9 to 10 weeks from now on, time flies by.huh!

Priya

6. sushmail.30

Priya

Nice to see you after a long time, gud to hear from you. BTW didn't you still know the gender of ur LO?

7. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

@ Priya: It's good to hear from you after a long time. I guess a post-baby journal would be a good idea to maintain, though I wonder how much time we'd have on our hands after the baby's arrival :).

I have yet to buy anything. Call me superstitious, but I'm not too enthu about getting anything till the baby is actually here, live n kicking :) I'm guessing we'll have to get the crib and travel system, but most other things can wait. Also, am guessing we'll end up getting clothes and blankets/towels as presents... Plus, my husband can pick up stuff on an as needed basis...

Things are chugging along at my end. I met the doctor today, and she said everything is fine. The baby is super-active these days, and the only time he seems to ‘rest’ is when I’m teaching! Can’t believe my kid is falling asleep in class—sheesh! Guess he’s not planning to major in Psychology anyway—LOL. The last few days I’ve had various aches and pains—Monday I couldn’t use my right arm—I probably slept in an awkward position, and busted it. Tuesday was OK—I think I didn’t get a chance to notice much since I was at work. Tuesday evening/night was especially bad, coz I was unable to sleep on my right side, since the rib cage right below the right breast started hurting, and I started feeling short of breath. The shortness of breath continues all day today. I asked the doctor about these symptoms, and she said that it’s all normal, and nothing to worry about. Alright, if she insists! But it’s still no fun not being able to change positions at all at night, and now I’m scared that I’ll probably end up busting my left side… guess this is divine balance considering things were great all this while. Anyway, I’m not complaining.

I had been a little worried with my relatively low weight gain. (I’ve gained 14 lbs so far). Especially after I met a friend who is about 21 weeks along, but looks far bigger than me! Anyway, so I asked the doctor, and she said maybe these people are just eating more food, and I shouldn’t worry, coz the fundal measurements seem to be fine… Oh well—I guess consciously and unconsciously I have been uber-scared of gaining too much weight, especially after I heard that another friend gained 60 lbs during her pregnancy last year, and is yet to lose 40 lbs from that…

School started last week, and I go in on T/R. I’ve also requested meetings to be scheduled on T/R—hopefully I can limit the number of trips I need to make in to work—especially if my night sleep routine continues being fitful the way it has been the last couple of days (I get up 2-3 times just to use the restroom, and then it takes me b/w 15-45 minutes to fall back to sleep).

I have also been trying to continue with my evening walks—hopefully the shortness of breath will not change things. I couldn’t go last evening coz it was pouring—keeping my fingers crossed that the weather will not play spoilt sport again!

8. MrsSasi

MrsSasi New IL'ite

Hi Chitra,
    Even I was a bit concerned about my little weight gain, and my gynae told me that until 6 months there is no visible weight gain and the healthy weight gain after this should be 2 Kgs every 4 weeks... So not a big gain afterall (atleast until now)..:)

Also, the doctors calculate the weight of the baby during regular checkups via ultrasound.. any concerns could be captured there irrespective of mother's weight gain..

Yes, shortness of breath is a problem for me too.. Just happened to see this tip in babycentre yday.. ie., to sit erect and very slightly bend backwards so that the lungs have more space to expand and can take in more air..

Its then I noticed that infact iam slouching in chair during work and now, I try to correct my position frequently.

9. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

@priya, welcome back... yes having a journal would be nice I suppose
    @Chitmin...yep...even at 28 weeks my baby seems to be an active one and for the past two days its non stop action, kicking and doing gynastics throught my office timings... At times i need to stop my work, just keep looking at my changing stomach :)

Received my latest sugar levels and they were high for post prandial :(
    Part of it because while injecting the insulin, hubby dear withdrew the needle even before it was fully emptied :rantDr has increased my insulin injection levels again :( hopefully next time it will come down...
    Sleep... its the most elusive one now... have trouble turning sides and getting up from bed... and need to get up 2 -3 times to empty the bladder....
    Next u/s is scheduled for 16th of this month...Hope everyone else is doing fine.

10. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Hello Friends,

I am writing again after a long time, but never forgets to read this forum everyday. For so many questions i am getting answers from you. Whenever i have a question/feel something different, i go through this forum and get it cleared. You girls are really helping me a lot. Now i am in my 29th week. Yesterday when i was in office, i started feeling some bubbles getting split/burst near my vaginal area, i had it once or twice in the morning, but when time goes, the frequency increased but i didnt had water coming out/pain. It was completely a different feeling, it was like something started below my tummy, a straight line or something that came down till vaginal area and it was splited. I really got scared and rushed to my hospital. Dr checked it and said nothing to worry, she said no prb with the water bag. But still something is worrying me, since she was in someother emergency case, she didnt had much time for me. I am just wondering is this happening only to me or its happening for all??? Some of my friends said, will get it during the 34/35th week preparing for delivering the baby i.e the cervix opening, I doubt is that is wat happening for me now. I am so confused. Please advise.

Padmini Ramesh