1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One Good Thing about your MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by puni88, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi friends,

This is a refreshing thread. Every where we hear about bad MIL's......but here is a whole thread dedicated to seeing the good things in our MIL's.

My MIL is no more. There were things I liked in her and things I did not. What I liked in her was that she was a very strong personality. She was a very positive individual who would not get bowed down by the ebb and flow of life. She was a very good cook.

Rgrds,
    Nivedi

2. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

from my mom in law-ive learnt patience, adapting easily to different environment, her excellent public relation skills(she is a home maker but with neibors and other mingles fast fast)

2 people like this.
  3. Prema

Prema New IL'ite

There are many good and bad things about my MIL but one good thing which I like her the most, is that she always supports and defends me infront of any third person inspite of whatever small petty things we might have. This makes up for whatever qualities she has, which I dont like she might have!! She has also got lot of energy and enthusiasm and never ever sits idle..... inspite of her severe arthritis and spondilytis problem.And my FIL was like a big strong wall infront of me. He would not even tolerated even if my own parents had scolded me or got irritated with me sometimes.My FIL is no more, I really miss him a lot.

1 person likes this.
  4. reeja

reeja New IL'ite

Hi,
    Let me start with congratulating Puni on starting this thread. I know many DLS treated badly by their MILS. Some how, I'm one of the luckiest souls blessed with the best in laws. The very first thing to notice abt her is '' She is extremely beautiful,finely dressed and always ready with her close up smile.
    She is highly diplomatic in handling all relations in any situation. She respects people and famous for her generosity. She keeps the house neat and tidy,and anbove all she is a good organizer too. She treats me well ,just like her own daughter.
    She will be the first one to gift me on my b'day since my marriage! I know whenever i'm in need, she will be around....she always encourages me to do new things and supports me in every need.At times she speaks for me to my husband!!Many a times I've felt that she outstands my mother with her love!! Moreover, she is one my best friends and I thank God for giving her as my MIL.
    :wave
    Reeja

1 person likes this.
  5. coolcool

coolcool New IL'ite

Reeja, I am very happy that you are blessed to get such a nice MIL. I am thanking Puni to start such a wonderful thread. I learnt and still learning from my MIL about how a MIL should not behave to a DIL. And I am learning how a MIL should behave from this thread. Today I am a DIL just finishing my 2 and half year married life with my kid. I learnt a lot in these days about IL behaviours, how to accept something which i couldn't accept etc. Still lot to learn. I want to be a MIL like yr MIL in future. Time is there to learn a lot and yes, I am not the only person deciding, my surrounding should also help me.
    I feel very happy when someone say their MIL is very good, missing them, more than their mom etc. I feel they did some "punniya" in their last jenma. I feel happy when someone says they r happy happy. Thanks Punitha.

1 person likes this.
  6. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,
    Thanks to everybody for making this post succesfull.
    Even though my MIL is very bad person to me and my elder co-sister,
    I took my MIL and FIL to hospital for a full check up this time when I visited India.
    The way I was taking care of them, people in the hospital started asking me that are they my parents.
    After this my MIL spoke some good things about me to my husband and her kids. Since then my husband has become soft towards me.
    It is only the circumstance makes everybody to understand each other.

~Punitha

1 person likes this.
  7. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks to all for nominating my thread for APRIL month.
    I know I am very late to thank.
    I was going thru the Finest thread's link and I got to know now.
    Thank you all,
    Punitha

8. gmadhavi

gmadhavi New IL'ite

That's a good topic.. :)
    I think as an indian girl from a normal middle class family there's always direct / indirect teaching that seeps into you where you treat your ILs as your second parents.. I never used to like nuclear families and always think / thought that when you underwent seperation pain from your parents you will definetely not ur better half undergo that. Alas God has other plans..
    coming to what's good!
    She's good at a lot of stuff!
    Extremely good at hurting me and my parents. To the extent that she sent some local goons to scare us as his son decided to marry me and no one else! hehehe :-D the best part is this she walked out on her ILs and raised her children to the extent that they dont know their paternal grand parents names but can easily ruin her DILs lives. :-D
    I would love to learn that self-preserving and centredness from her. I wish I could be her to be such a savage.. Yes I do swear! except that I will not be allowed to work with social services then !

9. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I read all your posts today only... So thought of posting something about my MIL as well... She is a very sensitive woman... she lived all her life in Kerala taking care of her kids and family... My husband being the youngest and her only son after 3 daughters, she has some extra care for him.... She is very good to me from the beginning... She never interfere in our matters... Whenever I tell her (over phone as we are in Chennai and she is in Kerala) I am not feeling well or of any other problem, she gets worried and calls up the next day to ask what happened, any improvement etc...

So I am happy that I got a good and caring MIL...

10. aasawaree_b

aasawaree_b New IL'ite

I read all the posts today only. It is indeed great to write about good things /qualities of MIL. I feel very lucky as I can write not one but many good things about my MIL. :yes:

She is an excellent cook, has tremendous amount of patience, has gone through a lot of hardships in her life, so she is very flexible and can easily adjust anywhere. She helped my FIL in getting her six nieces married, since her SIL's husband did not do any work and did not care about getting his daughters married. I feel proud that my in-laws paid for the wedding expenses of their six nieces. She hates badmouthing other people. I have never heard her saying anything bad about anyone. She used to take care of my daughter when we were staying together in India. And now that my mom is no more, she has become very sensitive and started treating me like her own daughter. She is extremely good-natured. The only thing I don't like about her is that she does not keep her house neat and tidy...many times her kitchen is a complete mess...but these are very minor things and one can easily forget and ignore it because of the awesome person that she is.

One thing I like most about her: She never interferes in our lives and never gives any advice, but only gives suggestions. Isn't it great?