1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

lipstick shades for indians in US

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by shravanthika, Jun 26, 2007.

1. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Can anyone throw some light on the various shades in different brands available here in US and who leans to what.....?

2. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi there

i recently bought a lipper from Kohl's. the brand is Good Skin and the shade is some " honey bun"... its Peach colored, looks amazing, absolutely sheer and shines for hours on end...

3. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

Which brand is it that you bought from Kohls.

4. nasiha

nasiha New IL'ite

Hi There,

Try MAC any dept store at mall, they have a million diff kids. Spend some time with a beaty consultant but don't let her pressurize you and see what looks good on your complexion. It's very difficult to get the right shade i know. I am from South AFrica but when my parents or anyone else visits India i get my stock of Lakme lipsticks really good...name ..LAKME 51 Brick-excellent for daily wear. Good luck!!!!!!!!!

2 people like this.
  5. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

GOOD SKIN is the name of the brand... i liked the shade so i bot it, i have never heard of the brand name myself...

personally, i like BODY SHOP and Maybelline...

6. tmlgal

tmlgal New IL'ite

Try Estee Lauder - "hot Kiss" its a maroon shade with shimmer..luscious. Goes well with medium and fair skin.

7. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I am very choosy abt lipsticks and prefer to try different brands. Presently, I am using different shades from these brands like, Revlon/Maybelline/Covergirl/Avon.
    And, I like to moisturise the lips with lip moisturiser whick are really a bit sticky and glossy one, then I put the shade of my choice. You won't believe that it will stay till evening unless you purposely eat it.
    And one more thing I have noticed that we usually put lip liner and then lipstick, but I have observed that some ladies used to eat up the lipstick but the liner never goes and it look weired. So, if applying lip liner, then you have to put listicks on in between a day otherwise without liner.......you don't have to be really much careful with the eaten lipsticks.
    Regards.

8. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

I like Revlon - toast of new york ( a brown shade that goes with most outfits), rum raisin (maroon / red) and dune rose (pink), mauve nights (pink / maroon). A really nice pink shade is mulberry from L'oreal. It is not too bright or not too dark. really suits me.

9. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

hi all!
    i bought loreal 410 contour coral which a bit orange shade and looks not too dramatic and i like it for daily wear.... i am very much satisfied with it and for parties i use a grapevine color which i bought in lord taylor...its also cool..

10. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Nice to see so many inputs...

Keep posting ladies...