1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mehendi now in South Indian Weddings.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Chitvish, May 6, 2007.

1. birraj

birraj Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mam,
    I think it is good to know that mehanthi function is popular now. Great photos. Makes me feel like missing chennai a lot also missing our marriage functions. I should try to attend one of my mama's daughter's marriage (I think I can expect her marriage with in 2 years).

Love
    Birundha

2. Vishana

Vishana New IL'ite

Hello,

I see a few of you have been posting rituals for different types of indian weddings. I was wondering if one of you can post the same for a typical south indian brahmin wedding please....?

Chithraji, maybe you can shed some light on this:2thumbsup: ??

Thanks,
    Vish:wave

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Vishana,
    I am starting a new thread as per your request. But there is a slight difference in the marriage rituals of Iyer and Iyengar marriages. I can tell you in detail about Iyer marriages.

4. Vishana

Vishana New IL'ite

Hi Rajmi,

Many thanks for sharing your knowledge with me, much appreciated!

Regards,
    Vish:wave

5. Marisa

Marisa New IL'ite

I got mehendi done for our wedding ceremony in Chennai too, although it wasn't a big deal, just the mehendi lady and me. I loved it, though! and people at the wedding weren't used to seeing much mehendi (especially not on feet, it seemed), so they were very interested.

6. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

HI C

yr thread reminds me of late acto sivaji's grandson and actor prabu's son's marraige wherein there was mehendi ceremony and ajith and shalini(actors) graced the occasion by dancing

btw chate items were served
    can u elaborate abt the feast:tongue

1 person likes this.
  7. RamyaParasuram

RamyaParasuram Senior IL'ite

Reading all the posts makes me want to attend a marriage with mehendi ceremony.....soon.

-Ramya

8. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Interesting...

more new stuff.. more party.. end of the day I guess ;)

Hopefully they stick to only adding and not making any other changes to our traditional marriage ceremony.. :)

9. priyakish

priyakish New IL'ite

hi chithra,
    wnt to watch ur pics,since i m new member to this website unable to open ur link
    regards
    priya

10. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Welcome change !

Dear Aunty,

Absolute delight to read your posts as always !:)

Mehendi has definitely become a tradition in SI weddings and I believe it is a wonderful change. It sort of brings in more bonding and makes the function more lively. :)

Not only weddings, Mehendi is also applied for ladies before the Seemantham-Valaikappu function too ! Infact, personally, I've applied Mehendi for some ladies before this funtion and it was a beautiful experience..I must admit ! :)

Even though we applied Mehendi during the weddings in our family, it was not done in any hall. Just at home, where many family members gathered and amma will prepare something grand at home for all the guests. It was real fun ! :) And ofcourse, we do start dancing !

This is definitely a beautiful and welcome addition to our traditional SI ceremony.

As the saying goes, "The only constant thing in life is change" and this is a change we can embrace whole-heartedly !

I am so glad to see that you recognize that youngsters do know their priorities and are not confused ! Hats off to you aunty for looking at the positive aspect of everything.

Loved the photos and your write-up !

Regards
    Krithika