1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need help on Carnatic music classes in Pasadena or LA

Discussion in 'Indians in Los Angeles' started by ramyanand, Jan 2, 2008.

1. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Im residing in pasdena,ca..I wish to join my 4yr old kid in carnatic classes..is there any temple/community centre which teaches carnatic in pasadena or even LA??

Cheers
    Ramya

2. AnjaliD

AnjaliD Senior IL'ite

I have a friend who takes her daughters for music classes in Pasadena. Will get info from her and will let you know in 1-2 days.

3. sainirav

sainirav New IL'ite

Hi Anjali,
    I am also looking for music and Bharathanatyam classes for my 4 year old kid. Please let us know the details.
    Thanks
    Sai Nirav

4. santhimantha

santhimantha New IL'ite

Hello all,

Please let me know if you found something on Pasadena music classes. We receiently moved here and would like to join my 3 yr old kid in music/dance classes.

Thanks.

5. mailcg

mailcg New IL'ite

Indian Fine Art Classes in Los Angeles - You can visit this blog to see list of teachers in LA.

There is one teacher named "Sankari" in pasadena. I am trying to get the phone number of her.

6. Mangalab

Mangalab New IL'ite

Hi
    I have many friends of mine go from all around southern california to Mrs.Rose Muralikrishnan who lives in Cerritos (Los Angeles) area. she is a student of M.L. Vasanthakumari and studied MA Music in Chennai. She teaches all levels and made several students. She is also a carnatic performer. I personally attended her concerts myself. you can keyword search her name Rose Muralikrishnan or I think she has a website. Home her husband is a very good keyboard and veena teacher. They both have a great reputation in Los Angeles area. If I find their number I'll post it here.

7. Mangalab

Mangalab New IL'ite

I know many of my friends send their children to Mrs. Rose Muralikrishnan who teaches vocal to all level students and her husband teaches the keyboard and veena. They are very well reputed couple for carnatic music teaching and performing and I found their websites
    Home
    and
    Home if I find their ph.no I'll post it later.

8. alpanasreedhar

alpanasreedhar New IL'ite

Hi i heard shankari in pasadena is the best ....she is strict and dedicated....her number is 626 441 2019 my friends daughter is going to her...i also heard sudarshana is good but i have heard more about shankari than sudharshana.