November 2009 Mommies!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by vpriya, Mar 3, 2009.

1. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Hi Tej,
    If u ask me right now i would say 6 month old baby is better than a 4 yr old. they would not talk,run etc, just drink milk and sleep, we need to change diapers and they will be in one place and take 2 to 3 naps in a day and we can also nap with them. now with a 4 yr old active toddler i dont have energy to keep up,LOL! too many questions!
    I have a manual pump, just to use when engorged/ or to save the extra milk for cereal etc. but if u plan to work or bottle feed more then double electric is better, depends on insurance, call and check urs.

2. pranavi

pranavi New IL'ite

@sush

good to know that you had a nice time at canada.
    its nice that you have brother near by.
    did you loose your weight sushma?
    i remember at 24 weeks you said you gained 22 pounds . i have gained the same weight as my week.28 weeks 28 lbs so i thought i think it is ok since even i have friend who gained 22 at 24 weeks .lol

@priya

can i know which manual pump are you using i want to invest on manual pump hence looking for reviews
    thanku

@chitra

am planning to start using cloth diapers from 4th month of my son. since being a first time mom and in staying in usa.
    i want to get used to new life ,after am comfortable with with everything then introducing cloth diapers might not look like a chore to me.
    also we will be moving to india soon so it will help me if i switch to cloth diapers soon.
    anyday cloth diapers are better ,but lot of work.

@ammu

we are not thinking of storing cord blood.
    as we think like this.me ,my hubby and for the matter all of us are been bought up and now living happily and our parents did not store any cord blood .
    but if genetically there are any health problems in family i feel we need to think about it.
    well thats how i think.anywas it depends upon one situation if one can afford it then why not.

my updates

some body take some weight from me lol.

am 28 weeks and gained the same amount as my week.
    i never lost my weight after i became pregnant so its all gaining at my end and no loosing :rant

3. Ammu82

Ammu82 New IL'ite

I just got a call from doctor's office. I had my GTT yesterday. The nurse said that the reading was 125. If it was 130 or above, they would have asked me to come for the subsequent tests. She has asked me to watch my sugars and carbohydrate intake. I am quite worried now as I have been very careful so far since we have history of diabetes in both our families.

Could you all please guide me what are the things that I can avoid?

Thanks,
    Ammu

4. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Nice to read that everyone is doing good and enjoying this phase...
    @Ammu, Initially even I was thinking of saving the cord blood... but didn't find many takers in India and its not that popular here... Moreover don't think the hospitals here are that much interested as when I asked around about this didn't get much info... so dropped the idea...
    @sushmail.30.. enjoy the pampering :)
    @Latha, all the best for the GTT test results...
    @ Chitmin, MrsSasi, WaitingForTej, I have been a regular reader of the Cloth Diaper posts in the Infants forum. Initially I was planning on exclusively using dispossies but after reading thru the thread and doing independent research, have decided on cloth diapers. Have ordered Thirsties duo and thirsties diaper covers from US along with Kushies dispoable diaper liners to be used. Planning on buying/ stiching cloth diapers in India and using dispossies while going out or during nights....easy on the environment and on the pocket on the long run :)
    Regarding Breast pumps... still haven't finalised on the brand name.. research continuing...Planning on buying the Dr.Browns feeding bottles and Playvents infant set to start with... In India I don't see many variations on the feeding bottles... none with no BPA or other stuff to avoid colic :( so need to order from US and ask friends to bring them when they come for vacation... wish we had that many options here....
    Heard pampers is lot better than huggies in various forums...any idea on that?
    Take care everyone...

5. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

@Ammu: why don't you follow the threads/posts by some of the members like pmahensa or archana2008, I recall that both of them gave a detailed list of their diets for GD.... like replacing rice with chapattis, more protein based foods like moong, staying away from sweets and chocolates, etc....

Easier said than done.. I know! All the best

@IVarada: I'm not too familiar with the diapers thing... In fact I didn't even know there were Cloth Diapers until I read about it in this forum! I'm slowly realizing that I'm about to enter into a completely new world! If you figure out something please do share...

@vpriya: yeah that's what I tell DH too.. atleast 6 month old infants have small demands and aren't mobile yet.. and hence wouldn't require constant monitoring.... unlike those naughty 1 and 2 year olds!

6. sushmail.30

sushmail.30 Senior IL'ite

@Ammu

We are not planning on to save the cord blood, i dont feel it that useful and also it is costly process to save it in the bank until used.

Reg GTT, there is no better exercise than walking for GTT, and try to avoid sleeping immediately after a meal. Hope this helps.

@ Chitra

Im planning to use only disposable diapers throughout, except while massaging the baby or in between diaper changes i will go with cloth diapers. I have seen many of my cousins and Friends all used Disposables and their kids also got potty trained within 2 or 3 years. I feel its easy and confortable for parents as well as for kids to use and throw away the dirty diapers. Even ours being winter babies we should consider the Wet factor, disposables dont get wet easily and babies dont feel uncomfortable. Just need to take care that they dont get rshes by regularly changing and aplying rash creams.

@ Tej

Reg baby being born potty trained, I really dont have any regrets with so much work with a little baby. Im pretty much ready to face all that episodes. I like to see a small baby in my arms crying, peeing, pooping , sleeping, I dont want to miss any of these small little things. This is the age when they are really innocent ans sensitive like flowers. However we have to face the terrible two's and troubling toddlers later on. But I bet we all are gonna enjoy abt these seet nothings later on.

Coming to Breast pumps i have planned to buy medela double electric pump, still need to talk to my insurance ppl if they cover it or not

@Priya

I think u are the only experienced mom so please let us know if using Disposable diapers which is the best brand and also what is the best brands in wipes and baby bottles?

@ Pranavi

Yeah I was said to have gained 22 pounds in 24 weeks but this time my doctor said overall i have gained 16 pounds. May be last time the nurse who took the weight said me an incorrect number. This time my doctor showed me my weight gain chart. Last month I gained 3 pounds and even this month I gained 3 pounds. I was a bit worried but she said its all right.

You really need not worry at the weight gain, if you gaine your weight based on ur weeks, still you would be gaining 40 pounds in 40 weeks, which is always in normal range. Still if you feel you are overweight talk to ur doctor u will be releived. also eat more healthy food and than junk and do constant walking, it should help you.

@ lalitha

yeah I enjoyed the time with my brother, may be this is my last long trip before the baby is born, im planning not to do any more drives from now on.

7. sushmail.30

sushmail.30 Senior IL'ite

Hi gals

why dont all of you create a pregnancy ticker so that ever one will know what's ur due date and how many weeks you are in.

or atleast please update this list with ur Due date, your current week and baby gender if u know ?

Sush: Oct 31st / Nov 1st - Girl , 29 weeks.

8. Ammu82

Ammu82 New IL'ite

@waitingfortej: I was searching for the thread posted by pmahensa or archana2008. I could'nt find them. If you don't mind, could you please guide me to the thread?

@sushmail.30: Thank you for the tips.

In my case, Gestational Diabetes is not confirmed. The only thing doctor has aked me to do is to keep a watch on my sugar and carbohydrate intake since the reading was 125. If it was 130 or above they will do 3 hours GTT and depending on the results they will do necessary.

Daily I walk for 40 mts and I never sleep immediately after a meal.

My due date is Nov 18th and I am in Week 28 now. We dont know the baby gender yet.

9. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  10. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for all the info on diapers. I think I will use disposables at night and while going out, and CDs at other times. I'm leaning towards the Bum Genius 3.0 (the ladies on the CD thread have all raved about it).

I'm back at work now--so much for that long summer break <sigh>. Anyway, it's nice to be back--hopefully I will be too busy at work to notice the third trimester :)

Hope you're all doing OK...