1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How do you react under pressure

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Aniyaa, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Aniyaa

Aniyaa New IL'ite

HI , :)

How do you react under pressure... when people are on top of you to get things done.

Do you get tensed and worked up

Do you become extra cool..and have the go-to-hell attitude

In my case .. if its some of my family members or someone close.. I can have a good discussion with them and reason out with them.. as to why its needed and how difficult its for me.... and then try my best to help out.

In case of office pressure ... If its something that I can acheive .. fine I will try my best... but if its beyond my capability .. then I became extra cool and have a dont care attitude..

What abt u people ?

:wave

1 person likes this.

2. vijisriram

vijisriram New IL'ite

hi der,

i am also d same like u. prev. used 2 yell at people for petty reasons. but that spolied my health n didnt bring any optimum results. so its better to stay cool n do whatever we wanted to do.

luv

vijisriram

2 people like this.
  3. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I become very silent and try to focus on the situation. Its better if no one disturbs me when i am on a schedule and have to finish work.

It is the same both personnally and professionally. I try to do my best and leave the results to time and God.

Regards,

Yamuna.

3 people like this.
  4. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    When Iam under pressure at home I surely yellllllllll

latha

5. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi
    when i am under pressure i will do everything in silence and alone. nobody dare to come near to me.
    bye

2 people like this.
  6. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi,

if i am under pressure i try to be alone and sleep but rarely get such chance.

bye
    padma

7. meeta012

meeta012 Junior IL'ite

hmmmm..This made me think and is a good question:))
    About 2 yeas ago..I used to yell...and make my own and the blood pressure of my people shoot up(my people is anyone around me at the time....lol)
    Funnily enuff,I now have a self realised "Meeta's Power Pack"

-If you don't agree,SAY "OK..Let's agree to disagree"
    -After listening to the other side....ask for a break-don't decide then & there.
    -A walk always helps-even if its just to the cafeteria to pick up a cup of tea(and drink that coffee/tea slowwwwwly-not at yr workstation,but looking out of the window-or the terrace if I'm at home).
    -If no tea is available-use water...lol.Or take time out to MAKE the tea-and invite the "pressurising factor" to share it with you.
    -Over the years ,I've collected a good lot of comics-a quick run thru for 5 mins of "charlie brown""peanuts""the best of PG Wodehouse" HELPS majorly.
    -I call my daughter and speak to her-shifting the focus away from "ME" and "MY Problem" helps.
    -If she's not available,I call a relative-my ajji,my aunt...my old friend....just a quick "hey let's catch up" helps bring the crucial minutes of peace back.
    _REVISIT the problem-this has become crucial for me too...I ensure there is fair closure to the issue-so it soes not flare up again
    -And LAST(??-I grab it quicker now)always eat chocolate (try feeling pressurised with a bar of snickers in yr hand or a coffee toffee in yr mouth....:)))

oooh-another thing that I've tried-I touch my toes-knowing i can touch my toes somehow always clicks for me....reduced pressure levels-maybe its that "feel-good" factor that i CAN still touch my toes...

Keep smiling....

Warm regards,
    Meeta:)

8. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

i sleep a lot and try to meditate on the problem or focus issue
    many times i have my husband shoulder to cry or push my tensions on as he is my best frn also i try to clear out the vacum i wil try to settle the pressure first b4 i do some other work if its a quarrel wht someone i wud walk into them directly and settle the scores. if its a issue on family related i have my mil and hus seated at the dining and tell my mind to them clearly and try to listen to them and discuss the matter without any biases matter frm my moms side i try to discuss wht my hus first then wht my parents directly rather than beating around the bush i always think its best to talk and settle the matter
    job front problems r always there which i tlk to my workers or clients if i need to offer and apology to them its really hard on my part but will do it sweetly bcz i knw its always gud to end up the matter with a sorry than prolong it.
    i am not concernd wht others think or feel abt me but i work according to my self concious if i am happy wht it i try to be cool orsle i will work out and make myslf comfortable
    i dont mind stepping down or riding on if the situation requires :)

3 people like this.
  9. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi meetha,

An excellent way to datach from the problem, and then focus on it when the mind is free of prejudices.

Its also good to know that you practically follow it, showing that it works. I would personally try it myself.

Keep posting,:2thumbsup:

Yamuna.

10. devvrinda

devvrinda New IL'ite

Hi!
    An interesting question Aniyaa. That helped me for a self analysis and by reading others reply I came to know about some other methods to stay calm during pressure.
    I never react immediately when something goes wrong at my workplace. I think for a while before speaking. Because most of the time when you are angry you will only see the problem not the solution. When you relax, first thing seems important is what is to be done. At home this is very helpful to avoid hot talks. But it's very tough to stay calm. I practised it deliberately by diverting my mind by picking a magazine or paper. At that time my focus is not to read but to think about the situation. And most of the time you will not see any letters because your mind is preoccupied, but it works.
    Regards
    Vrinda

sindmani likes this.