Indian ladies in Saudi Arabia - Introduce yourself here !!

Discussion in 'Indians in Eastern Province' started by krishnaamma, Jan 26, 2007.

1. r12

r12 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Any one from Saudi Arabia?

hi rafi,, thanks for your reply.what are the prospects for medical representatives over there? some one in my family who wants to go there is a med rep till now we had no idea that this can also be tried . do help us out ..thanks

2. Nandaabhi

Nandaabhi Senior IL'ite

Hello everybody

As I'll have to move Saudi for two week for some offical matters with my husband and 14 month old daughter. I want to know what precautions should i take as moving with my baby. Because she will be new to the Saudi environment. Can anybody help me?

Seems

3. alike

alike New IL'ite

Hi Amit I am Anis from India working in IT Field as Sr. Network Engineer since 6 year here in Riyadh . I glad to hear about new indian companies entering in saudi arabia . Like to know more about you

Thanks
    Anis

4. gangai

gangai New IL'ite

hiii geetha,

i am gangai staying in riyadh, hws u? & ur famaily, how long staying here.
    make me friend.

bye,
    geetha.

5. sampathpk

sampathpk New IL'ite

hi everyone

this is sampath here. I am currently in Chennai, TN, INDIA and will be moving to Riyadh on 24th Sep 2009. I am coming to Riyadh for a 6 month on-site assignment.

hope to meet and be in touch with some of the members during my stay there.

See you soon in Riyadh.... take care....

6. sapnasanthosh

sapnasanthosh New IL'ite

Hi...

I am Sapna Santhosh....I am from Kerala..My husband coming to Khobar this weekend..and we have a 1-year-old kid also. Me and my son is planning to join him as soon as possible...how long will it take for me to join him...can u advice me regarding things i have to take with me from india...also, as my husband coming there for the first time.. is there anything he should take...He does know to cook, so he will prefer to take foods from outside...any south indian restaurants there and their tarriff also...What about the accomodation there...please advice me regarding all these and life there...mainly about pardas, food items, household things, electricity, water, internet connection, transportation....etc......will look in for your valuable suggestions....

thank you...

Sapna...

7. indyudoy

indyudoy Junior IL'ite

Hi Madhu (madhumathi1974),

I am a new entrant in this forum and my name is Indira Chatterjee, married, has two kids (twin kids) and living in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Kuwait</st1:country-region></st1:place> for the past 10 years. Since you live in Saudi for more than couple of years would probably be able to help me in providing the information on following queries: 1. Can I carry God idols through air? 2. Also please feel free to give me the details on the prohibited items to carry such as I read in one site that binoculars are prohibited. Thanks in advance. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Indira

8. sapnasanthosh

sapnasanthosh New IL'ite

HI FRIENDS....NEED UR HELP...

I am Sapna Santhosh....I am from Kerala..My husband coming to Khobar this weekend..and we have a 1-year-old kid also. Me and my son is planning to join him as soon as possible...how long will it take for me to join him...can u advice me regarding things i have to take with me from india...also, as my husband coming there for the first time.. is there anything he should take...He does know to cook, so he will prefer to take foods from outside...any south indian restaurants there and their tarriff also...What about the accomodation there...please advice me regarding all these and life there...mainly about pardas, food items, household things, electricity, water, internet connection, transportation....etc......will look in for your valuable suggestions....

thank you...

Sapna...[/quote]

9. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sapna,

I seem to have missed your earlier post.

My personal experience....I landed in Saudi, exactly 2 months after my Husband's arrival here.
    Once your hubby arrives here, he will have to wait for his Iqama (residence permit) to be issued..It could take about month or so. After that he can immediately apply for your and little one's visa.
    My DH got my visa the same day he submitted the papers/documents for the same....

If your hubby plans to cook, it would be better if he brings the pressure cooker and the mixie if required. We do get juicer/blenders here..which is not always helpful in our type of cooking.

We get almost all the indian spices..so need not worry about it..But if you need home-made ones you may bring them.
    You could also refer to the discussions in this page :).
    There are a few good restaurants and so that may not be a problem.

Regarding the other queries, I guess it is already discussed. Anyway do not worry about those things much. It will all fall in place as you come and slowly settle down.
    All the best :thumbsup

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  10. sapnasanthosh

sapnasanthosh New IL'ite

HI..

Thank u very much...actually my husband arrived there last week and joined his new firm...he is bit upset as we are not with him na...he says that its boring...thats y i asked about our arrival...two months...seems will go fast...he is now searching for a new flat...can u help me for this please. can u tell me where we can find good flats 1B or 2 is enough...in reasonable rent...and the place where south indians mostly malayalees stay...can u tell me the name of such places so that i can tell my husband....wish to see u when comes there as i got so many friends like u through his forum....

hoping to get ur earliest reply.

sapna...