1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Can i know name of cereals and any protein breakfast that can had during breakfast

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by kads, Jun 3, 2007.

1. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

HI EVERYONE
    i want to know which cereals and oats which come in packets or anything which is full and good source of protein and vitamins can be had during breakfast for my son and husband..
    Here in US there r lots of them in the stores like target,walmart ect, which brand and name i can pick as very diffult to select them any body using it personally and found them very healthy pl let me know..
    Let me for my 3yr kid which oat meal and cereal is good

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Re: Can i know name of cereals and any protein breakfast that can had during breakfas

Hello Kads,

In general, most Breakfast cereals or Oats are not a good source of protein. They are good source of Carbs and adding milk gives you the protein. The general guidelines to follow:

Look for cereals that do not have frosted sugar coating on it. Any cereal with a nuts in them will give you a little extra protein, but not much. I usually go for whole grain cereals like raisin bran, shredded wheat ( not the frosted ones), cheerios( regular or honey nut), etc....
    FOr kids too , i buy the above rather than the ones marketed for kids like all the coco puffs, trix etc.. as they all contain a load of sugar in them.

Hope this helps
    Vandhana

5 people like this.
  3. Rekha2007

Rekha2007 New IL'ite

Re: Can i know name of cereals and any protein breakfast that can had during breakfas

Hi

You can use TOTAL whole grain product.
    U can buy TOTAL in walmart etc
    It is approved by American Heart Association.
    It is well and good. I am using that for several month after having a great search for a healthy breakfast.

cheers
    Rekha