1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

will you suggest me?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Anudina, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Anudina

Anudina New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

My mother is getting retired from her govt service this August. She is such a hardworker who had been tiring all her life for our(me and my brother) betterment. Now we are well settled and i am very happy that my mothers legs will get rest. She has given her 35 yrs of essential service successfully.

She wants me to suggest her a best plan to invest all her retirement amount. so that she doesnt need to depend on any of her kids financially.

So please share your parents experiences in this regard in india and let me know the best way for her peaceful retired life..

I also want you all to pray for her goodhealth and peace.

2. harinisripada

harinisripada Gold IL'ite

Dear Anudina,

The investment plans would depend on many things like her lifestyle, her health, risk factors and how much she has to invest... Also, her liabilities and insurance requirements, if any.

Please find a certified financial planner like bajaj capital or reliance money and ask for advice... but dont follow the advice blindly... you and your brother should do some research on their advice and then only make decisions. And it is better to pay a planner per hour or a percentage of the returns, instead of getting free advice where they will only suggest investments where they get more commission.... so do be careful about that.

You can look through balanced mutual funds for regular returns if she needs regular income (apart from her pension if any!), invest in some bonds/close ended funds that will mature at specified times (say around the time she wants to visit some places or buy a new car or organize a function for her kids!!), invest in some gold etc to balance out inflation and leave something for grandchildren, invest in insurance policies for health, invest in a land/house so that she can have rental income.... there are many things to think of ... it is what her plans are and what she needs... So, please do meet an expert but do your own research too

Try outlookmoney.com, valueresearchonline.com, moneycontrol.com and use some of the calculators available to see your requirements and returns... Do check out Complete Financial Planning - IndusLadies for young peoples investment plans...

3. Anudina

Anudina New IL'ite

Hi Harini,

That was a very valuable suggestion. I came to know that there are such a lot of oppurtunities even for retired people. Thanks a lot for ur kind time.