Chennai IL'ites....Introduce yourselves here

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by Induslady, Apr 11, 2005.

1. vijisriram

vijisriram New IL'ite

Re: how to make friends here?

hi varloo,
    just now saw ur mail. hey sorry yaar.i am used to sms thats y short messages. anyway i will try to avoid it. reg. work i will discuss with latha while meetin her in person d day after. if i happen to get any new ideas may b i vl let u know. May i know what ur hobbies are? Wer d u reside? good night n nothin more for nw

sorry nothing more for now.

signing of,

vijisriram.

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Chennai Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Hello Latha_sasi,

It is your introduction (seeing that you are from Kodambakkam - namma area) that made me post here.

Though me too a Chennaite since young, right now I live in Austin, TX. I was born in Chennai, lived in Kodambakkam for years together till I got married.

Which part of Kodambakkam do you live? My house is close to Kodambakkam Railway station - near the Chennai telephones office in Kodambakkam.

Malathy

3. vijisriram

vijisriram New IL'ite

hi latha,

i recently joined il. i ve many friends at kodambakkam area. me livin in virugambakkam. my hobbies surfin d net n radin a lot of books. hw bt u.?

luv

vijisriram

4. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Myself and my husband are working from home...My husband writes computer games and we market them through internet...We maintain websites for the games...List the products in the websites and people interested can download and play them for free for 30 days...the games will expire after 30 days and if the person would like to use it further, they have to buy them...That is one part of our home based business...

The other part is we maintain websites for Kerala and Tamilnadu. We collect and put information regarding Kerala and Tamilnadu in the websites...We get good revenue by means of advertisement from Google and other advertisers...This is a good source of income and any one interested can host a website for any subject of their interest and sign up for Google Adsense program and start earning...Initially you won't be able to get much...but as the site becomes old and popular you get good revenue...

In addition to that, you need to optmize the websites for search engines. Even the Adsense can be optimized...We get a good amount from Google alone after we optimized the websites for search engines...We got our 1st cheque after 6 months of putting the ads in the website...But by the time it became one year, we started getting cheques every month...The cheque has to be $100 + for Google to send it...

We also take local projects...I have done search engine optimization for some other websites also...In my case, we have taken the initiative to start the website...Maintaining a good website is a very good home based business...

:waveRegards
    Manju

5. vijisriram

vijisriram New IL'ite

hi manju,

i was off 2 cbe for 2 days. j nw saw ur mail. ur job seeme 2 b very interesting. if u want any help u can tel me also as i am very much interested in knowin new things. my son plays computer games a lot. hes a master of cheat codes. u want any new cheats he will help u out:yes:. den wht else bt u? wd u luv 2 cook? any new dishes u knw jst mail me.

luv
    vijisriram

6. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Viji,

I was busy for the last week searching for a house....and found out that it is very difficult to get one suitable...At last, I am forced to take one at Vadapalani, even though I didn't like it much...I have to move out of the current place by 10th of July...Will think about another one after a few months...

Now I have to search for a play school for my daughter....Do you know any good one in that place...

I shall send u some recipes later....

:tongueManju

1 person likes this.
  7. latha_sasi

latha_sasi Silver IL'ite

Dear Malathy,
    Hello...Glad that you are from the same pettai.I live by the side of the bridge next to Data Udipi Hotel and close to mosque.As you go up the bridge you would have seen a revolving board on top of a building.Its my home and office.We have a family business and my husband and his brother manage it and have the office here..Incidently my sister in law lives in Dallas..Flower mound..
    Regards,
    Latha Sasidharan
    :wave

Its your introduction (seeing that you are from Kodambakkam - namma area) that made me post here.

Though me too a Chennaite since young, right now I live in Austin, TX. I was born in Chennai, lived in Kodambakkam for years together till I got married.

Which part of Kodambakkam do you live? My house is close to Kodambakkam Railway station - near the Chennai telephones office in Kodambakkam.

Malathy[/quote]

8. latha_sasi

latha_sasi Silver IL'ite

Dear Malathy,
    Hello...Glad that you are from the same pettai.I live by the side of the bridge next to Data Udipi Hotel and close to mosque.As you go up the bridge you would have seen a revolving board on top of a building.Its my home and office.We have a family business and my husband and his brother manage it and have the office here..Incidently my sister in law lives in Dallas..Flower mound..
    Regards,
    Latha Sasidharan
    :wave

Its your introduction (seeing that you are from Kodambakkam - namma area) that made me post here.

Malathy[/quote]

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,
    wow, you all seem to do many many things. Good! You know, the problem with me is that I have to place my family first. I was working in Railways and left the job to take care of my son. He is in Plus 1 now, but still he needs my help always. My hubby would not let me do anything on my own-for money or for time pass. And the cooking and house keeping keep me busy that I would love to sit and enjoy a book or a movie in tv when I get time. Now with IL I have found another home and lots of friends like you. So even though I have lots of information, I am not able to do anything constructively. But I am willing to share with anyone who may want it.
    Manju, please PM the url of your blogs of game etc. to me. My son is a game fanatic and I shall look up that. I can spread word among my hubby's colleagues also about your site.
    And, did you people not see the info about our Chennai meet? No body responded to that. Would you be willing to meet up with other members in future? If so, do let me know your phone numbers by PM, so that I can inform you.

1 person likes this.
  10. lathanarasimhan

lathanarasimhan New IL'ite

Hi varloo,
    Don't ever say that you are not doing any thing constructive. You are taking good care of your house and family.And entertaining so many in IL, Money is not the only thing that measures success.
    You can start a blog and post your stories If you need technical help, PM to me .I can share with you whatever little I know. I just go and experiment.
    Though I dont' read fiction (your stories in IL), I feel we agree in many things like giving top priority to children and home.
    regards latha:wave:-)