Indian groceries near Ealing Broadway,London

Discussion in 'Indians in London' started by smithalr, Feb 18, 2009.

1. smithalr

smithalr New IL'ite

I am new to ealing broadway. Does anyone know where we can get the indian groceries especially south-indian?

2. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Hello Smitha,

A very warm welcome to you in IL.

Are you new to Ealing Broadway only or new to London as well ?

There are plenty of Indian grocery stores in Southall , very near to Ealing Broadway.I am sending the Transport of London link to travel from EB to Southall

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

I hope your stay in IL as well as in London is going to be a very pleasant one.

Please go through the section http://www.indusladies.com/forums/new-member-area/20699-new-member-orientation-read-know.html to know more about this site.Hope to see you often in IL and enjoy your stay.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  3. ElishaA

ElishaA New IL'ite

Hi,

I used to live in Ealing.

If you go to Queens Drive in North Ealing you may be able to find some asian/arab foos stores.

Another good place is Acton High Street - again mainly Arab but its got everything you would need.

Hope this helps.

4. ships12

ships12 New IL'ite

I am sure you would have figured it by now... In Southall, you get almost everything. You can as well check a few Asian stores on Uxbridge Road (West Ealing)... You get many things there, if not all... Hope this helps :)

5. prekapal

prekapal New IL'ite

dunno much about ealing broadway.

but just a short distance from ealing broadway is Alperton on the Piccadilly Tube line. get off at Alperton tube station and go right from the tube station and walk for about 10-15 minutes along the road.

you will hit the Alperton high street where there are many many stores selling gujarati & south indian food items including vegetables, rice, atta and other groceries.

hope this helps.

6. sb77

sb77 New IL'ite

YOu can take 297 bus (which starts from ealing broadways station) towards Willesden Junction.
    YOu can get down anywhere in the ealing road ( after Alperton station). There are lots of indian shops !

Southall is also very near from Ealing broadway- but somehow I prepfer going to alperton!

HOpe this helps.:thumbsup

7. chimene

chimene New IL'ite

Can somebody please give me the telephone number of the Green Grocer in Ealing Broadway that sells pumpkins and gem squashes. I have been told that he has a shop in Ealing Broadway.

8. Vanitha78

Vanitha78 New IL'ite

take 83 bus and get down at ealing road. You can get indian groceries.