Suggest Weekend Destinations from Delhi

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Delhi' started by SabinaKhanna, Apr 27, 2009.

1. bajajsandhya

bajajsandhya New IL'ite

I was also suggesting the same...
    We have been (I and hubby)to Neemrana fort hotel in Jan 2009 on our anniversary.Its a fort turned to Hotel.Near to Delhi at Gurgaon -jaipur highway.It is good place for couples(w/0 kids)...quiet and calm place...away from the noisy city...has swimming pool,rooms are named as various mahals..You can make a 2 day short getaway there.
    For more information you can visit www.neemranahotels.com.

2. SoniaVerma

SoniaVerma Senior IL'ite

You are absolutely right Sandhya & Sanjana. The view from the Neemrana fort is something which I enjoy so much and makes us go there quite frequently. The best part is its proximity to Delhi. All you need is just some bahana to make the trip more enjoyable. :)

For all those who aren't aware, here's a bit of information for you on 'How to Reach Neemrana Fort'

Neemrana village is easily by road, the nearest railway station is just 65 kms away at Rewari. Nearest city is new Delhi i.e. 155 Kms, the nearest airport is Delhi Airport i.e. 100 kms.

Happy Posting!
    Sonia

3. Sonya4mdelhi

Sonya4mdelhi Senior IL'ite

The best thing about Delhi is that you can go to many nearby places for weekend and come back. For example, you can go to Jaipur, mussourie, Sohna Hills, Haridwar etc.

Just take your pick.

4. easycrafts

easycrafts New IL'ite

Jaipur, Agra, Mathura, Vrindavan, Chandigarh, Shimla, Haridwar, Rishikesh..

5. SoniaVerma

SoniaVerma Senior IL'ite

Hi easycrafts, thanks for your suggestions. Vrindavan sounds interesting! Never thought about it as a weekend destination. Can you please tell us how to plan a trip there over the weekend from Delhi and is it going to be a purely Mandir darshan or there are other places for sight seeing as well.

Also, it'll be helpful if you give us some idea about the accomodation facilities in Vrindavan. What I personally look for in a tourist place of religious interest are basic hygine and sanitation in food and living.

Thank you.

Sonia

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. easycrafts

easycrafts New IL'ite

You can cover Vrindavan, Mathura, Gokul, Goverdhan, Radha kund at one go..each one of them is a beautiful place..In vrindavan, apart from the main temple, there are 2-3 more important temples, nidh van-the place where radha krishna are said to dance every night even today and so after sunset, no one is allowed there, there is iskcon temple..We have never stayed there overnight, but if u get a good place to stay, it would definetely be worth staying back and visitng all the places in leisure..There is a walking path that passes through important temples and pond and takes about 3 hours to cover..similarly in goverdhan there is a walking path..Gokul has 2 temples. On the way to radha kund, there is kusum sarovar, a small and very peaceful pond..Ideal travel path from delhi would be delhi ---> Vrindavan--->Mathura--->Gokul---->Goverdhan--->Radha kund--->Delhi.. I think there is some 3 star hotel at Vrindavan-Mathura..you can search the net for it..Hope you can make it to all these places-you will gain immense peace of mind visiting these temples..Hare krishna

7. SoniaVerma

SoniaVerma Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the detailed information friend. I really feel I should visit Vrindavan soon. Will a weekend be enough for the trip or do you think more days will be required? Moreover, if you can tell us which is the best period to visit Vrindavan. I personally do not think I'd like to go when its too much rush.

Hare Krishna :bowdown

8. easycrafts

easycrafts New IL'ite

You are most welcome Sonia.....We finished Vrindavan, Gokul and other places except Mathura in a day and returned back as we had been to Mathura earlier..However we didnt have a pradakshana (going around the hill) around goverdhan due to lack of time..A weekend trip would be ideal to cover all the places..Just avoid festival days and the week of Janmasthami..otherwise there wouldnt be much crowd..Have a nice trip

Hare Krishna

9. SabinaKhanna

SabinaKhanna New IL'ite

Thank you friends for all the wonderful suggestions you have shared. Sorry, I didn't get time to write back to you with my FB. I did visit Neemrana a month earlier. We preferred going there as it was possibly the nearest destination from Noida amongst all suggested. :)

Friends, I tell you, its is a place beautiful than words can describe. And the atmosphere there is perfect for anyone who want to unwind there over the weekend.

I heard that this the Neemrana fort, which was built in the 15th century was rebuilt in the 1990s. It covers 3 acres and has 10 stories. All I can say is Beautiful stone work. And I loved the aerial view from the top...:hatsoff

Attached Files:

10. jasmine1763

jasmine1763 Senior IL'ite

[​IMG] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]The Fort is located on a hillock at the foothills of the mighty Himalayas affording a panoramic view of the Shivalik Hills beyond the Sirsa river. The Garh rises above a 20 acre estate of forest and orchard and is built on five levels, three of which have well manicured lawns. The fort and the palace of Nalagarh have a series of structures that are mostly built in the Mughal style of architecture. These have been exhaustively renovated and are now a quality heritage resort. It is also a very nice place to visit.. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]