November 2009 Mommies!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by vpriya, Mar 3, 2009.

1. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    Its been a while since i came to IL, how is everyone doing?
    Very busy with work and home.
    I have gained totally 4 lbs now and feel movements very well, i can see a pattern now.
    becoming huge and clumsy day by day. sometimes the kicks are so much that i am not able to sleep.
    For bottles i suggest better to try one or two and see if the baby likes it, then buy more of it, babies have their preference of bottles. if u bf then no need to worry abt bottles.

Vanitha, even for me the doc said the baby is in breech position, so the kicks are very low towards the bladder and uncomfortable, i have to run to the bathroom often. hopefully the position changes later. so Amunisha u dont have to worry, but double check with ur doc.

Priya

2. sushmail.30

sushmail.30 Senior IL'ite

@ Priya

Nice to see u after a long time. Dont keep urself so busy, take gud care of ur health. And till now u have gained only 4 lbs OMG thats way less. Is ur doctor ok with ur weight growth pattern. From 2nd trim you should have gained atleast 4 lbs each month????

I have gained 22 pounds in just 24 weeks.

3. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Hi All, My monthly check up went off fine. The baby is doing good it seems :)
    Even I can feel the kicks only on the lower part of my abdomen... Baby is becoming active nowadays... Have gained 5 kgs (2kgs from last month's reading)... Hope all to be mommies are doing good... take care...

4. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Sush, my doc said it is ok. but i am trying to gain more. now a days very less sleep, i am not able to sleep well in night due to baby kicking and getting uncomfortable. afternoon my little one wont let me sleep huh!!
    good u have gained wt!

5. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

It's nice to see new members on the board! :)

Things are going fine at my end. I've gained about 12 lbs so far. I have the GTT next Tuesday, so keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get a clean-chit. The baby seems to have a natural inclination towards soccer, considering the amount of kicking that goes on in my belly! Now I can see the kicks...pretty cool. I seem to be OK with sleep, my body seems to have gotten used to sleeping on the side.
    I am continuing with my evening walks, infact I seem to be walking at my pre-pregnancy speed, which is rather surprising--I guess this must be the 2nd trimester energy-surge!

@VPriya: Nice to see your posts--I was just wondering about you the other day, since there hadnt been any posts for a while...That was a good suggestion regarding bottles. By the way, did you use a breastpump the last time around? I will probably need to get one since I will be getting back to work in early January. Regarding the weight gain, I guess every woman's body reacts differently to pregnancy, so you'll probably see the bulk of weight gain in the third trimester.Btw, do you know the sex of the baby?

How is Ranjoos doing? Long time no see from her either...

@Sush: you're probably eagerly awaiting your parents arrival. Would this be their first time in the US?

@Vanitha: I hope your cough is better. Did you take Benadryl after all?

How is everyone else doing? Do keep us posted :)

Take care...

Chitra.

6. vshetty

vshetty New IL'ite

hiii..
    @priya: nice to c u here after the break...take as much rest as u can..
    @chithra: i did take benadryl for 2 days , then along with saline gargle and steam its really come down now, almostfine.. so u are also deciding about the breast pump.. even i was thinking about buying it but was wondering whether to buy it now itself or wait.. and what brand have u been thinking of buying?..

waiting for my scan next week, waiting to find out the sex of the baby..
    take care,
    vanitha

7. vshetty

vshetty New IL'ite

hiii..
    @priya: nice to c u here after the break...take as much rest as u can..yup you are right about the breech position , but my doctor was really hopefull that the position will change in the last month..
    @chithra: i did take benadryl for 2 days , then along with saline gargle and steam its really come down now, almostfine.. so u are also deciding about the breast pump.. even i was thinking about buying it but was wondering whether to buy it now itself or wait.. and what brand have u been thinking of buying?..

waiting for my scan next week, waiting to find out the sex of the baby..
    take care,
    vanitha

8. sushmail.30

sushmail.30 Senior IL'ite

Hi All HRU?

Just want to share that my ticker says 100 days to go. so countdown has started. feeling so happy 3 more months to go.

9. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Chitmin, i think the double pump, ameda or medela is good, i got a avent manual pump, as i was mostly breast feeding, no bottles, so manual one was enough just to store the extra milk for cereal etc. it is better to wait and buy later. even i bought the electric one but never could use the bottles, so it was no use for me, so i returned it.

When is everyone planning to call parents or inlaws?

10. ranjoose

ranjoose Bronze IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    How is everybody doing? Good to see so many new mommies and vpriya after a long break:)

Im feeling movements now regularly. They are so strong sometimes that I can feel him kick if I place my hand on my tummy. Sometimes the kicks are real low so I keep having the urge to pee. But its a great feeling!!!

I am having horrible leg cramps almost everyday. I go for walks 4-5 times a week but still the pain doesnt go away. so having difficulty to sleep. And every evening, horrible heartburns start. Even if I dont eat anything spicy or oily, the heartburns are too much. And severe acne. everyday, I have a new breakout!!:drowningbut one thing good is my hairfall has stopped completely :thumbsup

My mom is coming on the 10th of Oct. And I have enrolled for chiuldbirth classes and another class "Parenting the Newborn". But could get it only in the mid of oct. Hope it wont be too late if they teach us any exercises.

Have any of you started shopping? I have not. My mom has started though :). I told her to get cloth diapers from India. I dont know how useful they will be but I really dont want LO getting diaper rash.

Take care everyboy!!!