1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever been bored of being good to others!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by srinivasan_vanaja, Jun 14, 2007.

1. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

You have given me a good identification of a whole hearted smile and a fake one. Of course the jaws start aching if the smile is a fake one. with this every individual can identify the value of their own smiles. thank you for your comments.

regards,

Vanaja

2. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Chitra Madam,

I have read and known from many of your posts that you follow your inner conscious and do things accordingly. I say your are gifted that you are always aware of your inner conscious. One can never go wrong if they are aware of it and follow it.

But one need not wait for the inner conscious to do any kind of good work. It is a general feeling and we do good. So at this circumstance you invite a problem or bad comment. And then comes the inner conscious telling us completely opposite <Why did you do this, is it needed for your goodness?> Is it not Madam?

regards,

Vanaja

3. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Heyy

I dont know how i missed this thread... now that i'm here i wud like to say a few things...

well I strongly feel, that I have to be good to others and be good in my general behavior and that is the only way I can keep my conscience clear... but in the process of keepng my consience clear i often get run over by other people... same is with my husband... we sometimes, discuss with each other, that is it written on our foreheads that we are ready to be fooled... :) .

I think its everyone's responsibility to be GOOD... I mean the other person should also aknowledge the fact that we r being good to them... its nobody's DUTY to give to anyone... basically the give and take (of respect and help) is what makes a relationship survive...

I seriously feel that being good hasnt helped me much.. neither in my career or in maintaining realtionships in work place... and in a few friendships too...

But I still maintain my decorum of behavior and still being good... cos i feel god is watching you and others too... and in the god's court the justice is Delayed but Never Denied...

~Abha

1 person likes this.
  4. srinivasan_vanaja

Yes Abha you are right.

When we take this site as an example, many of us share our joys and sorrows without knowing much about each other. We belong to different religion, caste, community and race. But what speaks here is not our language, it is the language of the heart which is universal. So being good is generally practiced by everyone of us inspite of its results.

regards,

Vanaja

5. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vanaja,

That's an interesting thread for discussion. The replies prove it already.

Ok, coming to the subject discussed, I believe in being good. Many times my intentions were challenged inspite of trying to be good. I haven't felt bored being good, but many times I have thought why me being good is not understood :cry: .

I too don't believe in being fakingly good. How long can one pretend? Going by the saying in Tamil "Pala naal thirudan oru naal agapaduvan", one day your true colors will show up - that you weren't really good, but pretending to be good.

I liked what Karthika had said..."be good to yourself". I guess when being good to others is not understood, we should just ignore it. If we try to be more and more good, we loose to be good to ourself. That's when probably we will get bored of being good.

Great discussion, keep it going.

Malathy

sindmani likes this.
  6. thejasree

thejasree New IL'ite

Hi to all!

Do your duty without expecting the results, as said in The Gita. I myself hav followed this, and feel it keeps your mind free of tension. If you are natural in doing good, it never tires and you never get bored.I fully agree with Sai Lalitha,when she says its best to keep silent when ur goodness is taken for granted.

Thej

1 person likes this.
  7. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

i am fed up being too gud to be honest
    i feel cheated by many people whn i want to be good i try to do something gud for them but in return receive unhappiness .
    my sincere feeling is to be normal and not either gud or too gud for anyone.

8. srinivasan_vanaja

hi malathy & theajsree,

thank you for your comments. you both belong to the majority.

Dear Radhavenkatesh,

I feel you are deeply wounded in case of being good. Kindly go through the replies of our members patiently, your will find a good solution.

regards,

Vanaja

9. Jaykarthi

Jaykarthi New IL'ite

Excellent Reply.
    This is exactly what I thought. But You have put in writing precisely .

take care
    Jay

10. nasiha

nasiha New IL'ite

Soul Searching

Hi

My husband calls me a goodie 2 shoes. And I'm no expert on giving advise.
    I agree with the lady that says we are all not saints.......
    When i get my periods i can be rude and obnoxious.

With maturity comes wisdom ........ that wisdom teaches you to be carefull with your friendships and relationships, and this can only be experienced & is not taught.

I noticed that if you do a good deed don't expect anything in return & if you do get lucky :2thumbsup: than good for you ....SO.....Do it for brownie points to God or Because it makes you feel good. Self gratification is the aim here ladies.
    Boring is all a state of mind...You could be Vivacious and good too, you know.