1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Share Our Feelings - Part 2

Discussion in 'Infants' started by meeta shah, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

K and Latha, hope things get sorted out soon with your DH. It drains more energy when we have all his negative emotions - I hate it when DH gets on my nerve with something very trivial.

Sindhu, hope the kids are better.

M, seems like he's back to being himself. He did throw up 24 hrs after the fall, which made us wonder about concussion - but since he loves to turn upside down and jump after his meal, we wanted to wait to see if he repeated any of the symptoms but thankfully no. We are not too enthused to go to the doc in this country because of the rigorous procedure they will put us through to just cover their backs.
    I still can't seem to put the hours I want at work... I'm hoping the transition will ease soon and that I will be comfortable with what I do again.

V, I can't believe that A is turning 2!!! Wow... time really seems to fly. I was just thinking about A's 1st b'day celebrations last week too.

-L.

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Latha, we all need a dose of Aniish's sunshine, methinks.
    Kiran's x-ray and blood tests indicate a lung infection which was not going away. So, the doc did a mantoux test and started him on IV antibiotics, because he has not tolerated feeds well at all for over 10 days now. His fever is completely gone and the cough has quietened a lot. The TB test came out negative and we are hoping he will respond well to the IV Augmentin and not need further oral antibiotics.
    Our paed wants to get to the bottom of what could have caused this persistent wheeze and infection. I so need the answers. The boy has lost close to 1 kg the last fortnight. I cant bear to his skin and bones body, nor bear his constant whining. It gets to the core of my being and wrenches my heart out.
    Our paed - whom DH trusts a lot - has decided steroids alone and no long acting beta agonists are good for him. We will change his medication again.Hope that puts an end to the dithering back and forth on his inhaled medications.
    I have printed out a lot of stuff that I want to show her and talk about a good action plan. Vanathi/Lavanya/moms with wheezy wizards ;-), have you heard of ARIA (Allergic Rhinitis and its impact on Asthma)? Would like your thoughts on this.
    Bad weekend, at our end, but thankfully the family has come together to work with us. We are staying at my in-laws and they are providing such a lot of support to us right now. I am so praying this support carries through when we come to the treatment plan.
    thanks for all your prayers and positive thoughts, it so helped me to know there are people pulling for kiran.

3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

V, Aadhu looks very handsome in your new avataar. He seems to have an air of maturity around him.:thumbsup So where is the party tonite? So curious about if you got him the scribbler/sketcher/doodlepro?
    Latha, methinks husbands and wives need time off each other and mommies need time to themselves (or girly-girl time with girlfriends.) I know I would have packed off the husband with his folks to do his thing, every once in a while :). I am not sure if this is an universal phenomenon, but most husbands feel inhibited around the in-laws. With the exception of mine and I so do wish sometimes he would just let the general impression among my family that he is a brooding genius stay and not try to debunk the myths.
    Lavanya, you and me. Working from home is not working for me. I have yet to finish the article for which I had already finished the legwork two weeks ago. Shame on me.
    Ladies, I hope all of you had a better time than us this weekend. K is getting his spirits back and wanted to go to school this morning. Good for him. I really dont want another week like what we had last time. Cant handle the fights, the reconciliations, the intense emotions of caring for a sick/whiny child, cant handle his feverish deliriums. Most of all i cant handle K's anoerexia. So looking forward to his eating normally and being his happy self. Hugs to all of you having a rough time. And the rest of you, when are you going to share your secret to your resilience?

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear K mom and K kutty.... i'm sending a big big sun your way that Aniish made for his dad this morning. He actually wanted to play with his stone collections (enough to build a doggy house) in the balcony; windy no sun so he drew his own sun;)... krithika i'm so glad to see the positive note... i can feel you're doing well... i'm also happy that the family is standing by you... a rarity given our backgrounds ahem!!

oh well y'day i was very bitter about DH leaving us home and then calling from the Berlin wall to pick up a silly fight. by evening i was so glad to have this space. I didn't do any great cooking just cleaned up the mess one by one and watched some tv shows online. took the kids out for a walk and they hit bed at 8. i had soooo much time for myself... doing nothing... something that i hadn't done in the last 2 months. this morning we baked muffins, had a messy nutella breakfast and a pasta bake for lunch. now aniish is so ready to clean up his toys and take them to cellar.

take care and hang on there.. i'm sure it'll not be too long before K springs back to usual self... eating part well that's something we all have to endure for i don't know how long but as long as it comes to only the tantrum phase it's fine...

Latha

5. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Oh yes you will. The first 2-3 weeks are the hardest; I remember how much I struggled to remember stuff I used to know so well before and get that flow going again; i'm still not 100% the way I used to be but definitely mostly there. You will too...:thumbsup

Lots of (((hugs))) Krithi - can only imagine how hard this must all be - for you and K. Hope the Augementin clears the infection up properly. about ARIA will have to read - but I will get back as soon as I can.

Thanks. I completely forgot to tell you that I did get the Megasketcher - liked it better than Doodlepro (both were available in landmark). Waiting to give it to him on Friday!

Latha - so you did manage a nice weekend :)

We had an ok weekend. Today is not a happy day though - its my moms death anniversary - its been 9 years but I still miss her so much sometimes. I havent spoken about her at all to A - should I start? I dont know if I want to go into the "death" thing yet with A and not sure how to either (esp given my lack of belief in religion or an afterlife)...

V.

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

hugs to you V... sorry I never realised from your posts that your mom is no more. i'm so sorry... i know how it feels even after many years,through one of my friends who lost her father young and her mom too passed away just a year into her marriage. take care...

Latha

7. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Krithika, I'm sure K will be better this week. Sending you some positive thoughts and vibrations....

Vanathi, sending you too some hugs. I don't know what to say - Grieve in your own way, I think it will bring you peace... I think Aadhu may be too young to comprehend the concept - the "heaven" and, "stars" etc are good symbolisms that kids can relate well to. Since you do not believe maybe you can tell him that she has gone to a faraway land? Maybe only if he specifically asks... Otherwise just it be for a year or so....

8. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Thank you ladies, K is still down and on more oral antibiotics. I forgot to get some probiotics this time, but he is now back to eating curd. :thumbsup We are having to use a belt to keep his pants up. Even the elastic waisted ones are too loose for him. Like a parrot, this creatures shows to all and sundry how loose his shorts are now on him :drowningI am making him a suspender that can be looped to his shorts to keep it from ending up near his ankles.
    He has these new underpants with train and cars which we got him as a present for being potty trained. He now goes flashing his *chaddis* to all and sundry coz he is mighty proud of them :).
    L, the things boys collect. Mine has started collecting the empty chewing gum, tic tac, crayon boxes. He used to have a bunch of pebbles, which i promptly got rid off when he started mouthing them.
    I am trying to see the good aspects of this episodes. We now know for sure K's iron levels, calcium levels are only less than the average by a few decimal points - probably from the poor eating for an entire month. K is a good eater, it always gobsmacks people that he likes his veggies. Maybe I need to be thankful to that . Our paed first wanted to prescribe a multi-vit, but when she saw his blood report, she decided he must be eating enough good stuff and not need supplements.
    V, hugs to you. I can imagine your loss and your dilemma. I lost my grandmohter exactly 25 years ago, the last few months have been hard on me. She was my everything at that stage, especially since my mother worked.
    Methinks she has done a great job of raising you to be this empathic, understanding doctor , a great mom, and a good friend to all of us here. She will live on in you.

What's up folks! Hope your week ahead is a good one.

9. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

:rotfl

Thanks Latha, Sindhu and Krithi. I dont normally talk about this kind of thing to anyone but I somehow I feel I can say anything to this group. Its strange that we've never met but I feel I know everyone so well :)

On a nice note, the first of A's bday presents came today (from my aunt in the US) - 2 new books and some clothes! Unfortunatley neither A nor I could wait to see what was inside so he's having his gift now instead of waiting until his bday! I can see that I will be reading "Brown bear brown bear what do you see?" for many days to come :)

V.

10. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Vanathi, hugs to you. Sorry, I can't be of much help here when it comes to advice on explaining A about his grandmother. But I do agree with Latha on holding off on explaining to him. About the Brown Bear book, Riya loves hers. We even make up our own songs now when we are traveling. I am sure Aadhu will love it too. It's one of the best children's books ever, me thinks.

Krithika, continuing to send positive vibes to you and your little one. Hang in there!

At our end, hubby is back home, and Riya talked his ears off Sunday evening. She had so much to tell him. The girl did not let me talk to him! :rotflShowed off all the new words she had learned while he was gone. She has now started putting words into little sentences, the other day she asked me, "Where the cow doh (go)?" She was looking for her little toy. And surprised me even more by answering me in English when I asked her something in Hindi!

It's good to have the husband home, my stress have decreased tremendously! Celebrated his homecoming by trying out a new dark chocolate cake recipe with a dark chocolate icing on top. It turned out good, and with Vanilla icecream it was yum.

Gotta go. Talk to you guys later.

Raj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.