Finest Posts - July 2009 Nominations.

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

My dear Hema,

Thanks for raining the FP with three stellar nominations. You may not come here often but when you do, you come here with a bang my dear!

Jpatma's Real Father's day left me spellbound. The high point of the post was that the incident she has described was one that would make one feel drained but instead it infused courage and strength in me. To face such an adeversity and still maintain a sense of reality and level headness is something to be learnt from Jaya. Hats-off to her!

Ansh's Do you abide by the feminist views was a treat to the thinking mind. Ansh has a knack fo coming up with topics that make one think deep and wide. I also applaud the detailed replies of Ansh to all the FBs. She has a very balanced way of putting forth her thoughts.

Kamalji is our resident "feel good poster". I mean whatever he posts is a instant hit with us members. How can one blame the members for liking his posts so much? He entices us into reading his posts by always making them intersting with his candid writing and bringing forth a different perspective. I have always enjoyed reading his posts and reading the replies to the FBs and Penny unwise, Pound foolish was no exception.

Luv,
    SS

2. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear Vasumathy,

Thanks a ton for make me relive my own labor experience through Harini's lovely post My Labor experience. Well, not that I had an excatly similar experience but the whole process of going through the delivery and ultimately seeing your precious one is so so wonderful that one can relive it umpteen times and still love it the same (or more!).

Harini's post is a great read for anyone who is going to go through the delivery process anytime. It is also a great read for anyone who has gone through it too because it takes you back to that lovely day in your life when you first swa the little person who had been residing in your tummy for 9 long months!

To me Harini's post was all the more special because my daughter was born on the same day as her baby three years ago!

Luv,
    SS

3. rohini

rohini New IL'ite

Dear Moderators,

I would like to 2nd the nomination of Ansh12's post - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/l...9-do-you-abide-feminist-views.html#post572997.

It takes so much of a balanced approach for a woman not herself treated properly by her husband to start this discussion about "feminist views that females are better".

I also would like to nominate Ansuya's views on the same - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/l...9-do-you-abide-feminist-views.html#post573026.

I adore her reading these lines..."The worst thing you can possibly do to someone who has wronged you in some way is turn around and commit the same crime against that person. Not only does it not teach them the error of the their ways, it then makes you no better than them".

My 3rd nomination is again from the same discussion by SharadaSuresh - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/l...do-you-abide-feminist-views-2.html#post596699.

I cannot be without applauding her "content and make the best out of what we have" attitude. She just hit the nail saying cherish womanhood with the best you have, rather than trying to grab from men what they have.

My special thanks to Hemchi...if not for her nomination here, I would have missed this gem of a discussion.

Rgds,
    Rohini

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Preethi,

It is so nice to see you all here! The summer at last is surely rocking!:)

Thank you for nominating Rrg's post. I am yet to read it and now I have every reason to read it! I have been noting that Rrg has been contributing steadily in our IL and I am yet to treat myself to his writings.
    Hope to see you regularly in our forum!!

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rohini,

I feel very familiar with you for my very good friend is also called Rohini!!

Thank you for seconding Hema's nomination of Ansh12's post. More than that, it is wonderful the way you have read her post and analyzed everyone's fbs and selected the best and brought them here as your nominations.

Having read so much now about this thread started by Ansh12, I feel like I have to rush there at once and take the pleasure of reading.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  6. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

7. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Lovely super mods ,

As promised I am back with my second nomination for July ,skipping my afternoon siesta , scouring for those gems in IL , and voila I was soooooooo.... filled with exictement while reading this particular thread that it blew away my slumber, refreshing my senses.

It is none other than our adorable YashiKushi's
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/festivals-and-special-days/63444-july-jugglings.html

To drive away the inertia owing to the scorching heat in some parts of the world or the listlessness brought by the relentless monsoons damping the spirits, Yashikushi has come up with celebration of days right here right now !

Her unique format in presenting the mundane days with scoops of information , dollops of snaps , ladles of love and binding them all in festoons of fun can be seen in every post of her thread.

She has made the whole forum of festivals radiate with her wonderful threads.A wish is never a simple 'Wish you happy..' again for anyone who has read this thread.She has beautifully made it so much more ,infused with excitement, passion and above all celebration of life !!!!!!!

I better hurry up and post a response to her now and sign off from here..

P.S: Saras,SucessPriya,Raji,Padma,Viji,Vahee and others have also aided in making this thread more colorful and decorated it with their valuable inputs.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  8. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mods,

I second Sabitha's nomination for Yashokushi's thread, celebrating the month JULY jugglings. (In fact we are celebrating each day ,every month now :))

Bye

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  9. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamala,
    I would like to second the nomination for Jpadma's "REAL FATHER'S DAY" and my second nomination is for Yashi kushi's "JULY JUGGLINGS" ... really I enjoyed the chocolates and cookies very much ....

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

It sure made me happy to see you here Happy and that too with not one but two precious nominations.

Anisha's experiences does leave one with a lot of pain and it is generous of her to share it here with us. It surely is beneficial for all of us to be aware of endometriosis.

I read Rrg's take about in-laws from the male perpective. He sure did get lured into a web cleverly spun by his FIL. Was a merry post indeed and enjoyable.

L, Kamla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.