1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Apt Suggestions in Alexandria VA

Discussion in 'Indians in Fairfax' started by sriha, Jul 13, 2009.

1. sriha

sriha Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    one of my friend is looking for a apartment in alexandria, va area (zipcode: 22304). IL if u have any suggestions just let me know

With Regards
    Sriha

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009

2. sriha

sriha Senior IL'ite

Nobody is really wanted to help. BUMP

With Regards
    Sriha

3. divyaa1

divyaa1 New IL'ite

Hi Sriha,
    Apartmentratings.com has the best reviews on apartments etc. Unfortunately, i have no idea about indians in Alexandria. I live in arlington and i am yet to meet some indian community around here too... i have been trying thru IL, but just met one or two people..
    I can suggest some good apartments in Arlington,but i dont know any indian community :(
    Hope this helps
    divya

4. sriha

sriha Senior IL'ite

Hi Divya,

Thanks for the info. Even i checked in apartmentratings website but still opinions matters. She is not specfically lookign for indian comm. If u recommed some apts in arlington it would be appreciated. Thanks once again for the help.

With Regards
    Sriha

5. divyaa1

divyaa1 New IL'ite

Hi Sriha,
    If thats the case, heres my two cents. I did extensive searching on apartments as i was moving into a new one soon.Arlington has the best bus service and transportation to reach anywhere nearby. They have decent bus service, better than herndon reston. So, that way, i dont have to depend on my husband to take me anywhere - i can travel on my own. Ballston, Courthouse MEtro etc - which were close to the metro stations, the apartments are very pricey. So, its better to stay away from a metro and at a place where you can reach the metro by bus. This is for ppl who work in DC and take metro to work.
    There is a big road called columbia pike in arlington which has around 25-30 apts. I researched all their reviews there and i finalized on 3-5 which were good.
    1. Wildwood park - Really good apt - good ratings, decent price -i cudnt get availability then , you could check out now
    2. Wildwood towers - Its the same Dittmar company's again -very nice. One of my frnd lives there for 4 yrs and has had no problem at all.
    3. There are some mid rise apartments or garden kind - they are generally not great - due to security etc.
    There were some in fairfax which were really good too, but then transportaiton in fairfax is very tough by bus -is my opinion.
    I dont drive and i find arlington the best , coz i dont need to depend on anyone to go to grocery, target and macy's etc :D
    You can get the apartment search book at a bus stop - its easier to look at them, coz they have atable of all aprts with rent and facilities, its easy to pick ones which fit your budget and needs. i definitely recommend doing that.
    Hope this helps.:idea
    Please send me a PM message and i could give you more info

:cheers
    Divya

6. Lostinva

Lostinva New IL'ite

Hi Divya & Sriha,
    Iam also looking for apts in Alexandria, Arlington area.Can i have more suggestions plz

7. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

You can look out for Landmark terrace, MillBrook at Markcenter , infact there are a whole bunch in the Markcenter area according to your demands. Google for apartments at Markcenter , alexandria VA.

these are some I know of in Alexandria. Hope this helps.

Most of the above apartments include many amenities like water, gas and also some provide shuttle services to the near by metro station.

Sri

8. Lostinva

Lostinva New IL'ite

Thanx a lot sri will look into it more:thumbsup