Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WendyF

WendyF New IL'ite

Re: Who Am I?

Dear All,
    I wanted to introduce myself right away, so that if you think it is inappropriate I will not join your wonderful forum.
    I am 46 years old and have lived in India on and off for the past 25 years. Mostly I have lived in Bihar, but also in Delhi and Hyderabad. I am a professor of Indian history in the United States. I have written about the freedom movement in Bihar and about women in Indian elections. I teach Americans about how important and culturally rich India is.:) And I am happiest when I too am in India. We eat Indian food in my home and my children also have lived in India.

I am currently beginning a project about life for people from India (particularly people from Bihar) living abroad in other parts of Asia. I do not want to intrude on your wonderful conversation. But if anyone were willing to me, I would be very happy. I am typing at the moment from HK, where I am studying.
    Thank you for letting me share this.
    WendyF

1 person likes this.
  2. Cheryl

Cheryl New IL'ite

hi everyone

its so great to have found a platform to share with my fellow indians.
    I am orginially from mumbai but have been living in singapore for the past 9 years but i still miss india like crazy and my dream is to go back one day.........n i am sure there are a lot of you there who feel the same.........so heres hoping our dream comes true one day...............

cheryl

1 person likes this.
  3. sathyasai

sathyasai New IL'ite

hi i am sathya. its really wonderful 2 be in this site,thanks 2 everybody.

4. sravy

sravy Bronze IL'ite

Hello Freinds,

Am i anuradha ,Sravy is my daughther name .I was born & brought up in tirupati.I completed my PostGraduation in M.B.A from madras University chennai . i am married & also blessed with two daughters . one is 3 years & other one 5months .i am lucky to get such a lovely husband.
    i worked for 4 years and right now i am searching for jobs . i love cooking , painting , listening music. right now we are staying in vijayawada .

its really happy to me to join in this site where i can get new friends i can share my feelings & to know some thing about new things .Iam here for new friendships and excitement things. do mail me hope i will enjoy here a lot

thank u ,mail me
    :)

5. maya08

maya08 Senior IL'ite

heyyy ladies out there...:biggrin2:
    well im a new member here...currently studying....
    i came across this website from a friend...thank her for that!
    anyways...
    bitz abt me....:wave
    i love reading,singing,listening to songs,playing my violin,watching movies and art...
    sounds like a whole lot of an artsy person rite...which could give the impression that i'm dreamy....:rolleyes:
    well that's not the case...cos i love detective stuff as well...anything to get my mind werking....i especially love to watch any csi series,ncis,bones,criminal minds and house....

my id wud sound abit weird rite.....
    well its something that i have always fancied...maya-illusion

anyways...i hope to get to noe other members as well....

take care

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  6. reeja

reeja New IL'ite

Hi! I'm Reeja frm Hyderabad.I'm a postgraduate working woman.
    Have a happy family with a wonderful huband and a handsome 32
    months old son.:2thumbsup: Originally frm Kerala,spent good amount of time in Hyd. Love music, to read and watch movies.
    I'm friendly, cool and loving......
    Hope we'll have a good time together.
    Love
    Reeja:wave

1 person likes this.
  7. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

Re: Who am I?

hi ria,

i think in humtum movie rani mukarji's name is ria prakash, her mom kiran kher always introduces her self as "im parmindar prakash" proudly, i saw this movie long back, hope im right!!

bye
    suj

2 people like this.
  8. geeta9

geeta9 New IL'ite

Hi

I got to know INDUS through THE HINDU. This one site which i really like for the basic idea of sharing thoughts and feelings of each one of us.
    I was a member since about a month but only today i felt like writing something about the feeling I had this afternoon. I named it 'MAMA n PAPA'.
    Hope you would share ur thoughts too on the same.

:wave
    Geeta

4 people like this.
  9. molly

molly New IL'ite

Hello Friends,
    I am Molly live in Kuwait.Basically from Trivandrum.I have two grown up children.
    I like this site very much and like to have good friends.Recently only i came to know about this site and this is a very useful site I am proud to be a member of this community.

:wave

10. Jaismine

Jaismine New IL'ite

Hello

My self Jasmine.I was born & brought up in Haryana.I am married & also having a cute daughter . She is 2 year old.I am doing job. I love to do anything creative like making soft toys, pot making, embroidery.

:-D

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.