25th marriage day-doubt

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by hemasoundar, Jul 6, 2009.

1. hemasoundar

hemasoundar New IL'ite

hi IL's,
    My parents married in the year 1985 ..so this year coming sep 2nd is there 25th marriage day and they are completing 24 years of marriage... as children we planned to celebrate their 25th year... Is it right to celebrate in starting of 25th year or we have to celebrate on end of the 25th year....pls pls clarify..... thanks in advance.....

With regards
    Hema

2. laxmisri

laxmisri Silver IL'ite

:hiyahello hemaa

i think you have to celebrate it after completing 25 yrs because we celebrate 1st anniversary after completing 1 year,shashto poorthi after completing 60 years..and so on...
    anyhow you better clarify some elders who have celebrated such occassion..
    have a great time..good luck:)

3. hemasoundar

hemasoundar New IL'ite

hi laxmisri
    Thank you very much for your immediate reply.... ok I'll clarify with elders.....:thumbsup

4. bindukrishnan

bindukrishnan New IL'ite

Hi Hemasounder,

As far as I know, as per our scriptures, there are no specifications for celebrating 25th wedding anniversary. The only celebrations specified are 1st birthday (ayush homam), 60th birthday (shashtipurty) and shatabhiskekam (around 81/82nd birthday - after 1000 cycles of the moon).

All other celebrations, including annual birthdays are our own making / convenience.