Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nimmisrinath

nimmisrinath Senior IL'ite

hello chitra aunty,
    how u doing. Just saw u r foto with the laptop, just great, it shows the intrest in u aunty. Coming to the fbs, I made oats cutlet for snacks followed by oats aadai, The taste was simply superb. All of them relished it. today I made caramel payasam, no words to say it was very tasty. nfact my friends had come I offered it to them ,they were asking me how did the color come ike that. I told them the receipe. :bowdownIt was toooooooo good.
    I also made chikkis a few days bak ,infact when I was rolling it in the foil my kids started gulping most of them :)They couldnt just wait
    Aunty another week to go and then Im in India with kids. I would like 2 get ur Number so that I could talk to u.
    thank u aunty

love
    nimmi

2. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dearest Chith,

Anigoda homework, paadam anige padikkatti, exam podhu ellam marandhu pogumnu teachers solra madhiri, anigi fb anige kudukkati, enna ellam dishes pannomnu marandhu poidaradhu.. Therefore I started writing down all the dishes I make from your repertoire so I don't forget to mention each one of them.

First of all, I can't thank you enough for the different dhals/ pappus. I ahve been giving V&M almost all the different dhals with some carrots/pumpkins/greems/or other veggies cooked and mashed with rice and ghee and they loveeee it. Though I love Methiche varan so much, I wans't sure if the babies will like it, since it has a slight bitter/sweet taste because of the additon of jaggery.. Innum kaiya nakka teriyala avaalukku avlo dhan, but their bowls were empty. Of course I modify their version by minimizing or nullifying the addition of chillies/chilli powder. For a change I make no kaaram fried rice and serve dhal with them, they love that too. If not for your recipes, I would be soo lost especially with no elders to help/guide me with the kids.

Next comes Greens-Mango Aviyal - if there is heaven on earth, it is this it is this :D. With roasted appalam and potato roast, it was heaven!!

Bread chilli - Such a quick and filling tiffin. In fact, it has become such a hit that Big M wants to eat this daily. So he keeps buying bread from Costo, asking me to make this.. Idhu konjam tortura irukku !!:bonk

I had friends over last before weekend, and it was at a short notice. Thanks to the weekend preparations, I had the panneer shallow fried according to your instructions, so quickly made Shahi Paneer and it came out sooo creamy and delicious. That is one thing I have to mention about your step by step detailed instructions. Though I am trying this dish for the first time, it came out soooo well, and was received very favourably by the guests. Mudhalla trial panni, aprom repeat pannalamnu nenachukkave vendam.

I also tried Khasta Kachori, again, the babies loved it too!! They would take small bites from my plate though they had just finished their snacks.

Smoothies mention pannave vendam, I have been trying all your smoothies, and have lost a few pounds (Romba illa, but still significant enough for me :). Smoothie panni glassla vechunda porum, both the kids will come and mochufy me, asking for spoonfuls. This is another good way to give them the fruits, so I make different combos from your collection daily.

I simply can't thank you enough for all the wonderful recipes. I am eagerly waiting to read all of Archana's writings to really really know what is inside the wonderful brain and kitchen of yours that produces such heavenly recipes.

Love
    Vidya

3. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

I forgot to mention that the babies are becoming thayir priyes just like us. They love the dosai sandwich sans the milagai podi with just the thayir, I sneak in extra dosais this way ;-). They have anything with thayir.. Upma/thayir sadam/idli/rotis/Semiya bahala bath... which makes mommy very happy!!

Love
    Vidya

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  4. Prethi vasu

Prethi vasu Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs C
    Tried bhel puri yesterday for dinner . We have guests at home and they told kadaila(shop) la vaangra maariye irukku . Ellam unga ubayamthan..
    Thanks
    Anbudan
    Prethi

5. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra Mami,

Today was my little one's annaprasanam. Made your pal payasam along with other sadyai items. Wonderful color and wonderful aroma - just like I had simmered for hours - we had guests over, everyone loved the payasam.

This is the first time I am cooking pal payasam for so many people (10 adults and 2 kids) all by myself and I am so happy I pulled it off well.

Thank you!!!!!!! Please also bless my little Varun.

Love
    Sindhu

6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Pavi Babes, these makhnis are rich-tasting and just lure into eating more of them, without our realising the same!
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

Gd mng to you.

last night for dinner i prepared (repeated after a long time) "MULLU ULLUNDU ADAI WITH DRUMSTICK LEAVES 'N'AVIL" .the adais were too good and filling and the creamy avil was relished with it.a simple but lovely dinner .thanks for all you tips to make the dish more tasty.

attaching a photo again:hide:(i hope you will not be bored by these photos)

thanks for all the lovely receipes.

lots of love
    raji

Attached Files:

8. shyamalashiva

shyamalashiva Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,

I made the rich cherry cake yesterday.. i tried it in a cake tin..It was absolutely fantastic.. Dad said it was very very good. I felt a little guilty about S not being around..but will make it again for him some day. Even my SIL liked it very much.. she said it is very rich and super soft. Little S too had a few pieces.

Today mom is coming so her share is in the Fridge. By the way mam, for how many days can I keep the cake in the fridge?

Also yesterday I made Moorkulambu with white pumpkin and dad liked it very much. It was very good. Thanks to you.

Love
    Shyamala

9. shyamalashiva

shyamalashiva Senior IL'ite

Oh Raji, lovely adais and the avil looks very attractive. I have to make it soon. This is the first time I am hearing the name AVIL. It is breakfast time here and I am yet to start cooking.. Your photo has made me extra hungry.

Shyamala

10. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mam,

Made Mint Podi, following the Curry leaves Podi and it has become a Hit in our House. We Liked the Aroma of the dried Mint along with the dhals.Had it with Carrot methi sabji..... its such a easy and Aromatic subji. Loved the methi and carrot combo.

Also made Uniappam (easy Rice flour method) .... i just rested it for 3 hrs . i didn't get it porous though.... I added ripe jackfruit minced to the batter. So the Aroma and taste was divine.

We are Uniappam lovers at home, will try the other method too.

love
    vaidehi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.