1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tricks Of Makeup

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Aug 6, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

* For LARGER EYES try lining the inner upper and lower eyelids with a white eye pencil. * Applying BLUSH on the "apples of the cheeks" makes the face look wider.

* Keep your liquid FOUNDATION in the refridgerator if it\'s not used on a daily basis.

* Green eyeshadows used on eyes will draw attention to any under eye DARK CIRCLES.

* Try a navy eyeliner on BROWN EYES.

The following can contribute to SKIN BREAKOUTS (blemishes):

Frequent travel--ie flight attendants.

Dipping fingers into cosmetics--bacteria alert!

Using the other person\'s cosmetics.

Neglecting to frequently wash your personal make-up sponges and brushes.

Fried foods and chocolate.

Hormonal changes--adolesence or pregnancy.

Men shaving too often.
    Using \"old\" cosmetics.
    Using moisturizers that are too heavy for your skin type.

A poor skin care regimen.

* Try a BACK FACIAL. (Especially if you are prone to blemishes/acne on your back).
    * Try THE DRY SPONGE for the fight against cellulite and a SLIMMER LOOKING BODY.
    * If your SKIN IS OILY, try using a blotting powder instead of a pressed powder.
    * Warmed up olive oil is very nourishing for the NAIL CUTICLES.

* Avoid waterproof mascaras, whenever possible, as they are drying to the LASHES. Try a waterproof eyeliner to line the eyes and a brow gel on your lashes. How about lash tinting?

* Using a toothbrush gently brush your LIPS every night with a mild facial scrub. Not only does this method help with the dryness but it also stimulates the blood PRESENTATION BY SUNKAN

2. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

good tips, Sunkan

I would like to add a few more, which i have personally tried and tested

If your face is broad and you want to make it look slim... try this trick

make a fish face, which means suck in your cheeks. Take a Brownish color Blush and apply it on the region which is sucked in do not apply it on the apple of your cheeks.

Do not just apply foundation straitaway on skin, always apply moisturiser after washin the face and wait for 2-3 minutes so that the moisturiser is absorbed by skin... then apply foundation, to give a smooth look to your face.

Brown Lip liners are a must in every make up kit... they go with wide variety of lipshades.

Regarding Mascara: Apply mascara on both the eyelashes... wait for 1-2 minutes maximum and then use your eye lash curler... that way you mascara is not wiped by the eye lash curler and the eyelashes are best curled...

Always apply foundation evenly on the areas of your body that are goin to be exposed in you dress... you dont want to have different color of your face and different color below the neck...

Will come up with more later

~Abha

3. ArifaMadhu

ArifaMadhu New IL'ite

nice tips from sunkan and abha. this site is simply superb. thanks for malathy & jey
    arifa

4. jazzz

jazzz New IL'ite

I would like to add that rubbing ice on the skin before makeup really helps make it stay longer. You prespire less & skin looks more toned.Try it, especially in the summers.

5. manshreya

manshreya Senior IL'ite

Hi Sunkan,

very helpful tips, have a question....can the eyeliner be used as the kajal....or do we get kajal like things which can stay on the inne line of eyelids for long. (I mean the dark black liner on the inner lining of the lower eyelid ....the actresses use )...

thanks in advance..

6. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Once I tried to use liquid eyeliner to line the lower lids and it's really difficult to draw the line without making a mess.
    Once it gets messed up, then you have to wash your entire face and then apply make up again.

So now a days I never try it.But even khol pencil doesn't give thin lines on lower lids.Wonder how actress use it so neat and beautifully.

7. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

Friends,
    With this we should also try facial exercises for reducing chubby cheeks and double chin (yes, they look cute only on babies :) Am trying them. Will keep you gals posted on the progress :)

8. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Nice post. But I think it should be placed in a different section.

9. Princess23

Princess23 Silver IL'ite

Hi Poly,

I too want to reduce my chubby cheeks. Pls help me in this.

Could you post your facial exercises so that i can also followw:(

Cheers,
    Suji