1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Worst side effects of shaving

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by sruthi1407, Jun 10, 2009.

1. sruthi1407

sruthi1407 New IL'ite

Hi folks,

I regularly wax my legs to remove unwanted hair, never shave. But due to lack of time I had my legs shaved just once and it left some ugly dark brown - black colored dots. I'm not sure whether they are ingrown hairs. I tried using pumice stone daily in my bath - but no use. :(

I have waxed about 10 - 12 times after that, but no significant change. Can someone suggest a effective remedy to get rid of these dots?

Anyone else experienced this after shaving?

2. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

hii

i too had the same problem... i guess this happens more due to waxing than shaving...due to ingrown hair.... u can continue with ur pumice stone with scrub 3-4 times a week(daily may not b needed i guess)....and the spots wil dissappear..for me it took 3 months to half dissappear.. that's becasue i stopped waxing altogether.....i use creams now...i don't plan to wax another 3 months...till the spots go

hope this helps...

-neha s

3. sruthi1407

sruthi1407 New IL'ite

woah, its pretty shocking to know its because of waxing! :eek:mg: As all these days I was thinking it was the after effect of shaving.

The problem is my legs are pretty hairy. I cannot quit waxing.

I tried applying almond oil today. I hope they would fade away soon.

4. gopianthchennai

gopianthchennai New IL'ite

again i repeating

usage of turmeric powder will get rid of all these problems my dear friend

kasturi manjal is more affective it completely stops hair growth if u use it regulary

CHeers
    Gopi

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2009
  5. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sruthi,
    It wasn't the side effect of waxing. Because i had the experience. While waxing we wont get black dots. When you switch to razor suddenly, it irritates the skin. Due to irritation ,we will scratch our leg unknowingly.And also whenever we wear skirts or pants, we'll have the sensation to scratch, :rantwhen it comes in contact with our leg. All this will happen in 1 or 2 days. And oneday, suddenly you'll find lot of black spots. :crazy
    Nevermind if you use the razor once or twice. So never switch to razor after waxing. :)

Remedy:

Natural: honey+ lemon juice+ curd. Apply this and massage for 10 minutes. Wash it off when it gets dried. It'll take time. Nearly a week to fade those black spots.

Chemical: Diprovate cream. use it very little. It'll fade the black spots in 2 days.

6. sruthi1407

sruthi1407 New IL'ite

Thank you so much for all the valuable suggestions you provided.

I can't stand the smell of curd. I guess I shall try the diprovate cream!

Where can I get them? Is it available in medical shops?

7. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Curd and lemon will give you a bleaching effect.
    Diprovate cream is prescribed by the doctor for black scars. It should be used very little. Dont use it like a moisturiser cream. Its available in all pharmacy. Ask for plain diprovate. Because there is one available in the name diprovate-n .

8. jazzz

jazzz New IL'ite

Hey, please can you elaborate on how to use Kasturi Manjal? is it a powder? Also, where can it be purchased from?

9. nn23

nn23 New IL'ite

omg, thanks for posting this thread. I just posted the same thing a few secs ago (sorry shud have read this).
    i too started shaving and have these dots. I'll try the curd-lemon & pumice stone.
    Meanwhile, i shud continue shaving right and not wax. When the dots are gone, then restart waxing, correct?
    Thanks!

10. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Shel thanks for posting the tips to remove black spots:)
    I will try this ...