1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Tampa, FL - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Tampa' started by Tampa, Apr 7, 2007.

1. shobana sridhar

shobana sridhar Silver IL'ite

Dear Nilaraseegan

I am sorry that i could not reply to you sooner becuse of my house guests. I saw your post just now and welcome to Dunedin.This place is fantastic and we have been here for the past 9 years. There will not be any problem at all .There is an indian store in us 19 and one in Macmillan booth road. There are many indian restaurants also.I hope and pray God that you enjoy here.

With regards
    shoba sridhar

2. haruzi

haruzi New IL'ite

Re: Anyone in the Tampa area?

Hi Archana,

I am staying in Carlton Arms North which is on fletcher avenue.Here most of the residents are Indians.Earlier i used to stay in Preserve but the maintainence sucks there..so we moved to CArms 3 months back.These are mostly lakeview apts.view from the backyard is beautiful..mine is riverfacing though :) we pay $30 extra for tht ..the rent is also not so high ..2 bedroom house will cost u $780 -$850 depending on your choices.
    If you need more info please let me know..I ll be happy to help you :)

Bye for now
    Ruchi

3. mbhatt

mbhatt New IL'ite

Hi,
    We will move to Tampa in August. we are searching apartment community which has good presence of Indians and of course, good schools.
    I have 2 kids (11years and 8 years old). I heard that this area is good for living and schooling point of view. can anyone suggest me some good apartments in Tampa Palms? Is Camden live oaks is good? I searched and found it's schools have very good rating.

Any ideas about Heritage pines apartments and Endover apartments community?

I saw virtual tour on the site of Carlton Arms north and I must say that look wise it is good community but I don't know about the schools of this area. can anyone give more information about it? As I have mentioned earlier, our priority is school. My older son will go to middle school and younger son will go to elementry school.

any suggestions from you guys?

Thanks,
    mbhatt

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  4. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies... we live in Riverview. My son is 13 months old. We have been living in this area for quite a few years now. Hope to interact with more people from the area. We are always looking for more things to do especially with a toddler who gets bored easily.

mbhatt, Hunter green is also a good community to live in and most of the housing communities near that area have a good Indian population mostly either IT people working in verizon or doctors.
    -L.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  5. mbhatt

mbhatt New IL'ite

Thanks Lavanya for your prompt reply.

We were exploring hunter green area too and we short listed 2-3 communities which are Endover/addison park and other is Heritage pines. Any ideas about these communities?

Thanks,

6. mbhatt

mbhatt New IL'ite

Hi,
    where do you live in tampa palms? Next month,we are relocating to this area and looking for apartment community with good schooling and presence of some indians.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  7. mbhatt

mbhatt New IL'ite

Hi Ruchi,
    Could you please tell me about the neighbourhood elementary and middle schools of Carlton arms? I have already mentioned in one of the thread that it's neighbourhood schools ratings are not good.
    waiting for your reply,
    Mona

8. remyasatish

remyasatish New IL'ite

Hi, i am living in New port richey which is close to Tampa.Any body staying close to the area

9. sk2

sk2 New IL'ite

Hi All,
    Iam new to this forum and this is my first post. I have recently moved to Tampa Florida.Iam frantically seaching for apartments :bonk.Not able to decide on any because I want to stay in an apartment where lot of indians are there.I can see from the forum here that Carlton Arms North is the apartment that everyone is suggesting.
    My hubby work is near Tampa airport 33607 so If I move to Temple terrace it will be atleast 30 to 40 minutes of drive everyday.
    I will be very happy to know if someone knows of any apartment near tampa airport where lot of indians reside.
    I would greatly appreciate the help.
    Thank you

10. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    We are moving to Tampa in two weeks,we are searching for some good apartments.we are looking for apartments within the range 600-700,as we are just two.Going through the thread i have found just two apartments.please suggest some more so that we can go around and have look at different choices.while searching at some rent sites i couldn't narrow down the search as i don't know which are the good safe neighborhoods in Tampa.My husbands office is located at the telecom pkwy and he don't mind a distance of 5-6 miles from office.

1.carlton arms
    2.Riverview
    can anybody suggest some more apartments which are reasonable and safe.

Thanks
    Neets.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010