1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Buddy

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Bambli

Bambli Gold IL'ite

dears

Here is my daily log for your eyes :-

07/07/2009 (half day fasting)
    Food log :
    05.30 - fenugreek with 2 glass of hot water
    06.30 - Honey + water
    08.00 - 1 glass of skim milk

11.00 - Buttermilk (using homemade yogurt from low fat milk)
    13.00 - stim vegei

15.00 - apple
    18.00 - 1 glass green tea
    21.00 - 1 cup of tea & 1 small bowl of tofu and veggei soup.

Exercise - 15 minutes jogging & 15 minutes brisk walking
    Drink 3 litres of warm water.

just curious, what happen to kayal, PR, PM09, Anees, Sadhu72 ??
    Why no update from your side ?? busy ???
    Hope everything goes fine with you guys... take care !

2. nilaa

nilaa Senior IL'ite

dear ALPA,
    Thanks yaar for the tip. Hopefully yes...i shall discuss it with my husband..thanks again. My French is getting better. But my son has improved quiet well. In Russian too!
    Have you tried yoga? How is yoga in Kenya? Are people practisng it.
    And i am drinking warm water as you said(hot water..right!).
    warm regards,
    Nilaa

3. nilaa

nilaa Senior IL'ite

Dear Bambli,
    How are gyms in Malaysia? How much do they charge. Have you joined a gym?
    I still did not get ragi maavu. I have to get it from the capital by boat , once i get i too will start ragi like you.
    warm regards,
    Nilaa

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  4. aneesbasha

aneesbasha Senior IL'ite

Hi Bambli,
    Thanks for remembering me. I was little busy with my work, so i couldnt able to post my daily routine food. Anyhave im trying my best to keep up my diet apart from weekends. I cant control myself on weekends.
    Few things which I can't make it are:
    1. Water - i can able to drink 1 - 1.5lts only not more than that.
    2. Exercice - dont find time after office to go for walk & morning little lazy to get up early.
    3. Dinner - Im taking my dinner little late around 8.30pm
    4. Weekend - for two days my lunch is rice with 2 servings which i cant stop it.
    I'll try to post whenever i have time. Im going to India for 3 weeks in August, i should try to keep my diet.

5. PM09

PM09 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Good to see everyone active.

I was off for my vacation. Here in US it was July'4th which is US independence day, so me n my husband took an extra day off, so couldn't post diet as I had food in irregular timings and has nice birayni too..but I had only less quantities.

I'm back from Tuesday.

Thanks for thinking of all of us Bambli. Hope that your Pooja goes well Dear. Good luck

6. PM09

PM09 Senior IL'ite

Diet for 7/7/09

9:00 - 5 idlis with podi
    12:00 - 4 small rotis with egg curry
    3:00 - 2 carrots
    4:00 - white grapes
    7:00 - 4 small rotis with okra curry

in between had 2lts of warm water
    no exercise but will start from Wednesday

7. Bambli

Bambli Gold IL'ite

Dear Nilaa,

Do i have gyms in Malaysia... Yes dear... a lot !!!
    How much ... the most famous one, costed about > RM 5000 (> usd 1333) per annum..

Do i join gym.. ???

Just to share my experience.. Sorry for my long story.
    During schooling time, i was good hockey player and i'm also joined taekwondo (same like karate). During college, i joined aerobic class...will attend 5 days in a week. During that time, i was thin. Once i join my work and become very busy. No time to exercise and took a lot of junk foods. I put on weight slightly (more 10 kg then my ideal weight). Once i get married, with our all my problem and depression, i have inbalance hormone problem, Went for treatment. After taking the medicine, i put on weight 27 kgs in one year (could you believe that).... :spin:spin
    I didn't notice that actually cause i having a lot of problems and didn't bother about my weight... and suddenly one day i realize i look like pig (sorry... i have to say it here). I couldnt wear any of my salwar kameez and i look very big size when i wear saree.. Damn i really look ugly.
    Then i decided to diet and exercise. During that time, my company organized a sport club. We had badmintons, futsal, joining fitness. For fitness we need to subcribe one year package, it about RM 1800 (US480). And company will pay monthly RM 60 (US16) every month, the balance comes from our own pocket. So i joined and paid US480. My hubby also joined to give me company. And he also pay US480. We were going for gym at least 3 times in a week... i started reduce my weight, was very happy.. Guess what suddenly in 2nd month after we joined the gym, the fitness was closed and the owner have run away. We lost out money. Ever since that I decided not to join any gym. So i only go for brisk walking/jogging in a public park.
    Recently i'm having a lots work at my office and i'm going back late. I can't go for exercise in the morning too, it's not safe going alone in the park. So my hubby decided to buy a treadmill. He just booked our new treadmill yesterday. I will get it next week.. The treadmill includes, gym equipment too. They also gave me foot massager and eslim belt as free gift. Don't know whether the ESLIM BELT is effectibe or not... I can't wait for my treadmill.

Reflexology > G-Power FREE eSlim Advance / G-Tappie

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  8. Bambli

Bambli Gold IL'ite

here is my answer :-
    1) Water
    Try to drink 1-1.5 litre once get up frm your bed. and through out the day u drink 1.5 litres... try add some lemon or mint in your water. You also can drink buttermilk (but must be less yogurt).

2) Exercise - u have set in your mind that u need to exercise at least 4 times in a week dear... just like eating and bathing, try to make exercise as your routine job... i'm also very busy with my web project, but i make it as a point to do exercise everyday.. it's not only to reduce your weight but to keep u healthy in long term. Remember even people who are thin also gets heart attack now. Now i'm getting my own treadmill.. maybe u can get a bicycle or some exercise equipment at home.

3) dinner - i can't advice u in this cause i'm also taking my dinner late...I don't know how to make myself eat early since i'll me at office till 8.00 pm.
    if i take after 8.30pm, i make sure i take fruits and tea only !!!

4) weekend - just like exercise, it's all in your mind dear.... you have tell yourself that u need to eat less during weekends.. No one can help u in this matter unless you control ur rice intake... try to visualize you are slim and beautiful every morning... One of my writes "I must get slim" every day in a notebook for 108 times... this one of the way to tune your mind... it might help u to control your rice intake.... try to read some motivation books or articles.... i'm sure ur stomach and tongue will listen to you... Best of luck dear

9. Bambli

Bambli Gold IL'ite

Dear,

Happy to see you back.. Hope u had a good holiday with your hubby...
    anyway thanks for the wishes, Pooja is going well... just tired waking up early in the morning for the pooja. Other then that, everything going smooth... having peace of mind and have more confirdents now.

Take care and best wishes.

10. Bambli

Bambli Gold IL'ite

Friends

Here is my daily log for your eyes :-

08/07/2009
    Food log :
    05.30 - fenugreek with 2 glass of hot water
    06.30 - Honey + water
    08.00 - 1 ediyapam (string hoppers) with sambar

11.00 - apple
    13.00 - vegetable salad (celery, onion, cucumber, carrot, tomato, lettuce) with ½ tbs vege mayo
    15.00 - guava

18.00 - 1 cup tea + 3 piece of whole meal crackers
    21.00 - apple

No Exercise - slept early, very tired
    Drink 3 litres of warm water.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009