1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

please advice regardint land/property

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by nilaa, Jun 28, 2009.

1. nilaa

nilaa Senior IL'ite

Dear Ladies,
    My mother bought a land in Pammal near pallavarm in 1965, she did not look after the land for a long time due to her ill-health, now when we went and saw the land, a road has been laid in the centre of our ground and the two sides of a small space has been occupied by two different people from both sides. I Want compensation for the land, from the government being the daughter . Please advice, whether i should consult a lawyer or what else can be done. Has anyone received any amount/land as compensation when the land is been used by the government.
    Thanks you for your time, and please advice.
    regards,
    Nilaa

2. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Nilaa,

My parents were in a similar predicament some years ago ... In late '80s they had bought 2 plots [fenced] near Poonamallee High Road ; even our family friend had purchased 3 plots for his 3 children. Everything was fine, some families in neighbouring plots built their homes... bus stops began developing, shops were getting established. But after some 15 years, when my parents went with the friend to check on the land 'cos they were also planning to build ....... they were shocked to find the Govt. had put a board on all their sites !!! Months of running here & there ..:drowning. lawyer after lawyer ... and you know what compensation the Govt. gave for each plot holder ... an insulting and petty Rs. 11 . :rant :rant

I can empathise with your situation.
    Are there any adjacent neighbours who can support / vouch for your claim ?
    Are there any other similar cases in the neighbourhood .. enquire whether anyone is willing to appeal alongwith you ? Were any earlier plot holders compensated ? If so , how much ?
    You should definitely approach a lawyer and get his experienced opinion and advise.
    It is unfortunate but sadly as I've seen in my parent's struggle ------- the Govt. will give you nothing !!

Wish you good luck .

3. nilaa

nilaa Senior IL'ite

Dear Grace,

Thanks a ton for your valuable reply. My husband too sayd that i will not get anything from that land.And few of our well wishers too have asked me not waste time on that property. Moreover i live in Maldives and fighting a case is no easy joke. you are right !
    You reply is an eye opener.
    thank you,
    warm regard,
    Nilaa