1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Share Our Feelings - Part 2

Discussion in 'Infants' started by meeta shah, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup :) You go girl!!

Raj

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Absolutely with you there; and I love to see A potter around with this serious expression on his face when he does his "chores" :)

Sindhu - good luck with the dermatogist - hope it clears up soon.

I've been sick these last few days and so had a rather dull weekend. But we have a Chennai visit planned for this weekend so hope to have some fun then.

V.

3. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Vanathi, wondering about you last night. HOpe you feel better soon. Yes, I do love those serious faces Riya makes when she's 'helping'. Have fun in Chennai. How is the heat there?

Raj

4. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Latha, glad you had a wonderful vacation.

Raj, lovely pics of both of you.

V, hope you feel better soon.

Does anyone know how Krithika's son is doing and how it went sending the letter to the school?

We have been having very dreary weather with rain almost continuously for the past 2 days and the temperature lingering around 90s. Stuck at home with a toddler is no fun... we tried to get out for a little bit but horrible roads and traffic jams. Only after we came home we heard that there was tornado touch down in our city and neighboring areas too.

-L.

5. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

How have you ladies been, I have been wanting to post for a while now and things have been going quite haywire.
    how I wish K going to school meant more time for me. Instead, the morning is spent cooking, clearing up house for the domestic help to clean. DH getting K ready for school means I am picking up at least for 30 min after that. I desperately want some me time. My sis and lovely nepphies are visiting and were here almost a month an dI have gotten to see her exactly twice. i want to give DH a kick and ask him to step up!
    V, I so wish I could meet you this time. I will be travelling all over the countryside :-(, but for an article, doing what I really love. But we gotta meet up sometime and gossip about our brats!

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi V,

Hope you feel better soon

So do I hope for you dear Tikka... i know that feeling. There are days i don't want to send A to school. Getting him ready, getting him to eat, bringing him to school, cooking, cleaning, feeding myself and the little one, make sure her diaper is clean atleast 5 minutes before scheduled departure, pick up the boy... arrrrghhhh... atleast when he stays home half of this trouble is cut. i only have to worry about entertaining him ohne TV but that he's mastering quite well.

oh i'm so glad tomorrow will be Friday. DH will be back. but actually the children are under control when dear dad isn't around and there is some peace for me too. But 2 days and then we start missing his presence. Today A demanded to know why Friday cannot come after wednesday... he doesn't like Thursday now how about that. tomorrow we mommies meet for an ice-cream session 1/2 hr before pick-up time... i'm soooooo very much looking forward to that.

Latha

7. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Heard from my Dad thats its still awful in Chennai. We've been having very nice weather here ourselves (not too hot, some on-off rain, strong winds) so facing the Chennai heat is the one part of the trip that I'm not happy about. When I lived there I always wondered what people are complaining about, now i've been away I can see why...the minute I get off that train I know the salt will stick to my skin and I will start pouring sweat :-(

The rate we are going thats going to happen only when the brats go to college :) Have fun with the article and tell us when its published., would love to read it.

So I'm off to pack now..see you all Monday. Have a good weekend.

V.

8. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Hubby is leaving next week for two weeks to Wisconsin to finish some schooling. I am gearing up to be a temporary single parent again. Ugh! Thakfully it's only two weeks. We have a busy weekend ahead too - helping out a friend of ours move into their new house tomorrow, a potluck and BBQ cookout at another friend's house on Saturday for the Independence day and Sunday is going to be busy with church and everything else. The weekend is going to sail away in a heartbeat and then hubby will be gone!

Thanks Lavanya.

Gosh Krithika, I thought I am the only one who couldn't manage her time well while Riya is at the Parents' Day Out program. She has been going to this program twice a week for the last 6 months, and I haven't had a single day yet where I had some 'me' time, with my feet on the couch watching TV or just reading. I am always scurrying around to clean, run errands, doing laundry etc.

Raj

9. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

What do you know V, looks like Chennai is cooling down to invite you back home. Loverly rains outside. My garden will surely feel happy here, time to plant a few more.

How does Riya take to these absences? At around 1.5 years is when K started missing his dad intensely. 40 hours with DH last time was pure hell - but that could do with the fact he is not well. He is beginning to have asthma like flare ups quite often now :-( and been very tantrumy, not the easy child he was before this diagnosis at all.

In your case, it probably has to do with your temperament. In mine, it obviously is one of not understanding how much time a given job will take me. I am for ever thinking something that will take half an hour can be done in 10 min :-(.

Latha, it must really be tough with two kids. Kiran of late is needing the attention of two kids. When he is sick, I am being a different parent, one that is a lot more nurturing and when he is well, I am being the rough and tumble one that every boy needs ;-) I was so hoping to start abdominal exercises for this pregnancy pooch and weak back. I better do or I know one of the parent I want to be will limp around with a bad back. :crazy
    Lavanya, thanks for asking. Kiran is being to clearly tell us when he needs to have an inhaler dose, still trying to figure out how to get him to take deep breaths while on spacer.
    The school did amazingly well. We sent a note (not quite the letter) saying we need to document his wheezing spells. Turns out his class teacher gets them and has promised to help us. Unfortunately it looks like something in our house is the trigger: the teacher tells us he does not cough at all or show other symptoms of wheezing in school, but almost everyday after lunch and right before he goes down for the afternoon nap, he needs the rescue meds. It is now typically coming at 2 am to 3 am.
    Is it Tornado season now in Florida? Awesome sight when you see it on TV, I am sure it is not fun to live around tornado country.
    Sindhu, good luck with dermatologist. Poor V. Incidentally Kiran has a classmate called V that he seems to like a lot, maybe time to have them over for somekind of kiddie gathering (it's one month of school tomorrow, yippee)

Sounds like I have been on another whine spree, Apologies ladies.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  10. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Vanathi, stay cool. All the more reason to eat ice creams :) Yum, yum!!

She did well the last time he was gone and that was for 3 months. We video chatted almost every night before she went to bed, even if it was for 5 minutes to say good night. If he were too busy to get online, he would talk to her on the phone. I also made her a 'daddy photo book' that she carried around everywhere and we would set the album next to us when we ate, read or played. I think all that helped her a lot dealing with his absence.

Hopefully it goes well this time too.

Raj

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.