Seeking good online Saree sellers! Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by teestabasu, Apr 9, 2009.

1. teestabasu

teestabasu New IL'ite

Hi gang,
    As I told you last time in my post that I have some good friends here who love everything Indian, so I need help from you all again! :help :help

Can anyone of you please suggest some good, authentic online sellers of sarees and other Indian dresses. Also please mention if these online sellers sell saris from Bengal like Dhakai, Bishnupuri silk etc. I would be able to guide my friends better!

There are a number of sites, which I have Googled but I am not sure whether they would send me the same thing which I order. I have never bought sarees online, I refill my stock of dresses when I go back to India. But, my friends are very comfortable buying things online - I'm not very sure about the whole process, I mean how could I buy a saree without touching it? I really don't know!! :confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

If anyone of you have bought any sarees, lehengas, salwars online ever and was satisfied with the entire process then please let me know the name of the website.

Please write if you have any suggestions.
    Love u all,
    Teesta

sshashank92 likes this.

2. coolnabanita

coolnabanita New IL'ite

Hey Teesta,
    I often buy sarees online. The site I buy from is sareez.com They really have a huge stock - Sarees from Bengal, handloom sarees and the regular stuff of embroidery and partywear sareez. The best thing is that, their designs are unique. :thumbsup :thumbsup

I have always received the shipment within a week and they have always sent me the exact piece I had chosen. Their pictures in the website does not differ from the piece they deliver.

You would also get lehenga cholis, salwar kameezes and other Indian dresses too. But, I've never bought these from the site. You can try out sareez.com I was satisfied.

Hope this helps.
    Bye, Nabanita

3. anitya82

anitya82 New IL'ite

There are a number of online saree website these days and it depends on your choice. But before you make a buying decision you need to confirm that it is not a dead site, and that they deliver what they show on the website.
    Some sites are dead and you may never get your order. I would advise you to try these sites, since i have personally used them.

1. utsav saree: this is the top site in all google searches on sarees. The prices are expensive and their service is not so good. But they are quite well known online. I also had trouble during alterations.

2. www.sareeUniverse.com this is a nice site to try. They have good collection in designer, printed and pure silk varities. They also are quite responsive and do a good job with respectable service.
    i personaly recommend www.sareeuniverse.com

3. chennai saree: quite ok, but they have horrible saree collection and they delayed my order by a month last two times. I had to call them up couple of time.
    there are a number of other sites like sarez, sarionline but i have nver tried them..

4. geethur

geethur New IL'ite

5. teestabasu

teestabasu New IL'ite

Hey Nabanita, Anitya n Geetha,

I almost forgot about this thread of mine. Thanks to Geetha, for her post it came on the first page and I saw it. Thanks three of you for the information. I remember seeing only Nabanita’s post but could not reply on time. Sorry for that.
    Keep smiling…

Bye,

Teesta

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2013
  6. visvaroobini

visvaroobini New IL'ite

7. dakshayaeni

dakshayaeni Silver IL'ite

Hello friends, I am a start up and owner of small venture. My products are 100% hand woven and I sell Chanderi silk sarees, very light weight stuffs and 100% pure silk, also Daboo and Kalamkari sarees a mix of cotton and silk. You may pm me for details. I am there on picasa and face book by the name gaon by dakshayaeni. You may explore my products and try them out, assuring you of complete quality and price satisfaction. Thank you.

8. sunita23

sunita23 Silver IL'ite

Hi Dakshayaeni,

Please Pm your catalogue or Picasa link if any.

Thank you
    Sunita

9. mgaur2

mgaur2 Senior IL'ite

For Rajasthani bandhej saree. contact me.

10. ankitaroy21

ankitaroy21 New IL'ite

Recently I have purchase one Georgette sarees online from Sunfashions. That saree is amazing, quality is also good. It is good online store for buying Art silk sarees, Bhagalpuri silk sarees, etc.