1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Famous Kanjeevaram Sarees!!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by PandeyKranti, Sep 8, 2008.

1. PandeyKranti

PandeyKranti New IL'ite

Hi Ladies!!!

Indian women are very fond of Sarees especially Kanjeevaram.

कांजीवरम :
    These are considered to be the most spectacular and exclusive silk saris of India. Usually all Indian women have atleast 1 Kanjeevaram saree.They are product of little town of Kancheepuram near Chennai . The most striking characteristic of a Kanjeevaram(कांजीवरम ) is its zari , thread made of fine gold or silver work done on pallus(पल्लू) and borders of the sari.

Amazingly, the more the zari work the more expensive will be your Kanjeevaram! In recent times, Kanjeevarams are being experimented with patterns from the Ramayana, Mahabharata and the Bhagwad Gita.

Even I have 3 Kanjeevaram Sarees.I like dark colors very much in Kanjeevaram Sarees.I have Blue,Purple,Red Kanjeevaram Srees.Borders are very beautiful.

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I love to see others wearing a Kanjeevaram Saree, personally, I do not like to make my investments on them. I am a working woman and have working parties and in a city like Mumbai even a Tussar Silk is fine for a wedding! My Kanjeevarams are lying idle for years. I love Paithani, Tussar, Crepe Silk, etc. They rock!

3. anitya82

anitya82 New IL'ite

Kanjeevaram sarees are quite special in itself. They are three aspects that make a kanjeevaram sarees authentic and exotic,
    1. the place of origin of the saree.
    2. The weaving style, Authentic Kanjeevaram sarees are handoven. It takes around 2 days for each saree to be completed.
    3. The kinda of silk you use. It should be made from good quality pure silk.
    4. The zari. This is the most critical part. Pure kanjeevaram sarees have zari made from gold /silver dipped silk threads. Hence the more the zari work the more the price of sari.

You need to always ensure that you confirm that zari is pure, the silk is of good quality and it is hand owen before investing in kanjeevaram sarees.

I have personally bought kanjeevaram sarees from www.sareeuniverse.com and they do a good job if you are buying online kanchivaram sarees. Before placing the order double confirm from them that it is pure zari and hand oven.
    www.sareeuniverse.com gave me silk mark after i asked them so many question. Silk mark guarentees that it is made from pure silk and is good to have.

Be carefull while you buy kanchi sarees from any source. Make sure it is a authentic online site and they deliver what they promise. else you will be cheated big time.