Indian Ladies in Geneva - Meet here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Switzerland' started by Induslady, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Indian Ladies living in Geneva, Switzerland, please click "Post Reply" on the bottom left to introduce yourselves!

2. roopam29

roopam29 New IL'ite

Hi there,
    I'm Roopa.
    Currently I will be visiting Geneva from Jun 29th -Jul 12th with my husband on his [FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]business [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]trip[/FONT][/FONT].
    We will be put up in a hotel.During this stay I want to travel in and around Geneva so that I can make use of the time, instead of just sitting in the hotel [FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]room[/FONT][/FONT] all day.Also I would like to know where the nearest and cheapest indian grocery store is located.
    Could anyone please help me with travelling in and around Geneva (is [FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]eurail[/FONT][/FONT] the best option for a day trip or half-day trip), and also for indian grocery store? Also are there any homemakers in Geneva (Indian ladies) whom I can meet during the day just to get oriented to the place and make friends with?

Thanks and Regards,
    Roopa

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2008
  3. danni2u2

danni2u2 New IL'ite

Hi... I'm actually new to this. As to the Indian store I know of 2. Depending on where you'll be staying theres one named Mathura... that I think is in Servette (within the city) and the other cheaper one is Sunlight which is in Meyrin which is very close to where I stay. I think since you're staying in a hotel it should be closer to Mathura.

For day trips even the bus or trams should be fine because they're quite convenient, comfortable and cheap. Only look out for the weekends when everything comes to a halt here. Especially on Sun when nothings open.. and I mean NOTHING (except for Migros (supermarket chain) at the airport)!!! Then its smarter to check the timings on the website tpg.ch and then make plans. Everything wraps up here even on the weekends at 7pm and on Sat at 6pm :))!! That takes some getting used to :)!

Anyway... I hope that was helpful. Have a great trip.

4. danni2u2

danni2u2 New IL'ite

PS: Once you get here and know where you're located I can get the details of either Indian store.

5. shilu2008

shilu2008 New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

My husband is in Geneva working for UN, I will be moving to Geneva in next few months. I would also like to work there, what jobs can i find easily. Im open for all jobs..Nanny, work in restaurant, shops departmental store or any indian store. I dont want to sit at home all day. Please help me. I would also appreciate your help in finding apartment or room.

thanks,
    Priya

6. sudh

sudh New IL'ite

Hi
    I live in geneva.Where is the sunlight indian store in Meyrin .Could u please give me the address.
    Thanks
    -Sudh

7. 5abi

5abi New IL'ite

Its close to Jumbo and conforama the street address is

Sunlight Asian Food
    Rue du Bois-du-Lan 17, 1217 Meyrin

8. sudh

sudh New IL'ite

Thankz for the address.
    -Sudh

9. mebshah

mebshah New IL'ite

Hi there,
    I found this post online, I am an indian female, also starting work in Geneva next week, you seem to be familiar with the area. Do you happen to know any indian stores/ indian beauty parlor in the area. I will be working near the UN in Geneva. Your help is appreciated.

10. mebshah

mebshah New IL'ite

Hi Priya,
    I found this post online, I am an indian female, also starting work in Geneva next week, Did you ever move to GVA or not yet? Do you happen to know any indian stores/ indian beauty parlor in the area. I will be working near the UN in Geneva. Your help is appreciated.